Cabin fever ?

23 minutes ago, fireman said:

A pal of mine's terrier brought in a bold featherless chick one day and he reared it,it was a starling and it could talk,well i say talk it'd tell you to fcuk off and call you a wanker.Funny thing that had a thing for trying to pluck your eyebrows,he had it for a few years just flying loose and it would fly off into his garden and come back in when he called it..One day it just didn't come back..

Uncle of a lad I know reared one from a chick as well and said it used to wait at the bus stop of an evening and followed him the couple of hundred yards home and into the house with him. Didn’t actually believe him till I was chatting to the fellas mates that seen it happen. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fireman said:

A pal of mine's terrier brought in a bold featherless chick one day and he reared it,it was a starling and it could talk,well i say talk it'd tell you to fcuk off and call you a wanker.Funny thing that had a thing for trying to pluck your eyebrows,he had it for a few years just flying loose and it would fly off into his garden and come back in when he called it..One day it just didn't come back..

What a coincidence, a pal of mine used to fly a sparrowhawk and one day it came back with a starling and believe it or not the starling was shouting “get this fcuking wanker off me !”.....:toast:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
8 hours ago, fireman said:

They got some nice colour to them when you get close upto them. My uncle had a pet starling as well, the one afternoon his son left his phone on the side by the cage and by the time he got there to pick it up later that day the bird had already copied the ringing tone.

• Haha 1

A mate of mine had a jackdaw when we were little kids.It used to ride to school on his handlebars in the summer and follow the bus in the winter.It would turn up at the playground every playtime and lunchtime and all the kids would be trying to call it down and as soon as Wayne came out he would whisle and it would fly straight down to him.Peter Duncan came to our school and did some filming and the rode back to Waynes with Jack riding on the handlebars and he ended up on Blue Peter.Then about a week after he was on the tele some horrible f****r shot it.

• Sad 1
11 hours ago, NEWKID said:

There was a pair of starlings in a Bush the other night, right beside where me and the mrs were sat..making some crazy sounds, a kind of deep drumming noise, then a bit of broken song back to the drumming noise... I've heard they will mimic realky well, including telephones..never heard that myself.. 

I think the mynah bird is a member of the starling family and they can hold a conversation, had one years back that swore like mad during conversation ?

• Haha 1