what was the last film you watched

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did you both enjoy it?  Cheers, D.

Telly that puts your blood pressure through the roof ! I dont know about anyone else, but the couple of times I watched the baliff programme I was praying they were going to get beaten to death !

Posted Images

The last film I watched…..must have seen it 30 times:

“We went back there, and they had come and hacked off every inoculated arm. There they were in a pile. A pile of little arms. And I remember... I... I... I cried, I wept like some grandmother. I wanted to tear my teeth out; I didn't know what I wanted to do! And I want to remember it. I never want to forget it... I never want to forget. And then I realized... like I was shot... like I was shot with a diamond... a diamond bullet right through my forehead. And I thought, my God... the genius of that! The genius! The will to do that! Perfect, genuine, complete, crystalline, pure. And then I realized they were stronger than we, because they could stand that these were not monsters, these were men... trained cadres. These men who fought with their hearts, who had families, who had children, who were filled with love... but they had the strength... the strength... to do that.” 

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, WILF said:

The last film I watched…..must have seen it 30 times:

“We went back there, and they had come and hacked off every inoculated arm. There they were in a pile. A pile of little arms. And I remember... I... I... I cried, I wept like some grandmother. I wanted to tear my teeth out; I didn't know what I wanted to do! And I want to remember it. I never want to forget it... I never want to forget. And then I realized... like I was shot... like I was shot with a diamond... a diamond bullet right through my forehead. And I thought, my God... the genius of that! The genius! The will to do that! Perfect, genuine, complete, crystalline, pure. And then I realized they were stronger than we, because they could stand that these were not monsters, these were men... trained cadres. These men who fought with their hearts, who had families, who had children, who were filled with love... but they had the strength... the strength... to do that.” 

Apocalypse now 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
On 23/06/2024 at 22:18, TOMO said:

I have a few of his books as well very interesting character ...

I've got a photo of him and me at a 'do' 

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

Mesrine:Killer instinct

Based on the true story of Jacques mesrine kidnapper, armed robber, burglar and murderer in France, Canada and the USA 8/10

• Like 2
On 30/06/2024 at 12:25, .357shooter said:

nothing to say all of it is shite nothing original and marvel have ruined everything like disney.to much foreign crap.

Couldn’t agree more mate 

has any other company ever driven anything into the ground like Disney have done with star wars and marvel ? 

On 30/06/2024 at 12:25, .357shooter said:

nothing to say all of it is shite nothing original and marvel have ruined everything like disney.to much foreign crap.

I loved the marvel films with my kids . Since they ended thanos all the time travel is way to complicated I'm not sure they even know what their doing any more 

Air 

Amazon 

the story of Michael Jordan signing with Nike to create the air Jordan range . 

nearly 2 hrs , flew in , if your not a fan you won’t get it really , but for even a casual observer it’s fantastic . Cast superb , Ben affleck as shoe dog is a stand out , funny , well written , shot fantastically . 

thought though at times , they are kicking the arse out of this one deal , really two hours about a contract , but when you see the effect it has on the company you get it . 

last point , I don’t think I’ve ever heard a better soundtrack on a film , ever , magnificent. Who ever used “ tempted “ by squeeze needs a pay rise . 

a must watch for sports fans . 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Air 

Amazon 

nearly 2 hrs , flew in , if your not a fan you won’t get it really , but for even a casual observer it’s fantastic . Cast superb , Ben affleck as shoe dog is a stand out , funny , well written , shot fantastically . 

thought though at times , they are kicking the arse out of this one deal , really two hours about a contract , but when you see the effect it has on the company you get it . 

last point , I don’t think I’ve ever heard a better soundtrack on a film , ever , magnificent. Who ever used “ tempted “ by squeeze needs a pay rise . 

Enjoyed the film, but the book Shoe Dog about Phil Knight, the founder of Nike, is still one of the best books I've read... you'd love it if you have read it already 

• Like 1

did watch the documentary on the ancient civilisation(atlantis) on netfix which was good as graham hancock has questioned all the experts and made his mind up that they are mostly wrong on how we devolped from hunter gatherers to building giant monoliths in a very short time and not only that doing very well and very big first time with no evidence of a build up of skills to complete the work.it is like overnight they knew how to build massive henges,temples and pyramids.lots of this building happened a lot further back than has been told by the experts too.the knowledge must have been passed by someone who knew how to do it.the end also points to big trouble in our future.

Edited by .357shooter
7 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Air 

Amazon 

I fancy this, my sister bought me his biography or autobiography which ever one it is a few years ago. I've just never got round to reading it yet.

6 hours ago, NEWKID said:

Enjoyed the film, but the book Shoe Dog about Phil Knight, the founder of Nike, is still one of the best books I've read... you'd love it if you have read it already 

Think that's the book my sister bought me now I come to think about it. 

• Like 1