Looking for a new job

2 hours ago, Greb147 said:

It's like this if you're a young brickie you would be crazy not to go on price work and earn as much as you can. 

The lads on our site are getting £200-£250 a day for about 6 hours work Mon-Thurs and 3-4 hours work Fri.

Those wages still won't make you live like a millionaire, the price of living puts a stop to that. 

Most brickies on site are f***ing bag heads these days?dirty messy cnuts, can't clean up after themselves... Start crying if they can't have a muck bin?the standard of workmanship in the last 10/15yrs is shocking...a trained f***ing chimp could do better?

• Like 6

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No one on here even smart enough to know wtf your on about mush ?

i sat outside a bar in Barcelona with mush a few year ago having a beer ....and I asked him then what he did for a living.....he explained ...and I sat with an expression like homer simpson .......

Sometimes i think about my ghetto upbringing education as " poor little me " but listening to some of this academic education it sounds boring as f**k im glad i played to my strengths after reading th

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Most brickies on site are f***ing bag heads these days?dirty messy cnuts, can't clean up after themselves... Start crying if they can't have a muck bin?the standard of workmanship in the last 10/15yrs is shocking...a trained f***ing chimp could do better?

Agreed,but I think that can be said for all trades,seen some shocking"workmanship"

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Qbgrey said:

Wont do the site work,no pride in the job whatsover,brickworks shit.mostv of em could,nt lay a brick in a barrow

Not all though and you would rather work for less doing private work? 

33 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Not all though and you would rather work for less doing private work? 

Yes i do my own work,mostly word of mouth or long term customers.i have a ltd company,with tippers,excavators,all the tools,gensets,survey kit,wackers,cutters,power floats,power tamps,all bricky profiles,the whole shebang.so i have corporation tax,insurances so i charge more per day than a site guy.whos got a level and bucket of tools.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

Yes i do my own work,mostly word of mouth or long term customers.i have a ltd company,with tippers,excavators,all the tools,gensets,survey kit,wackers,cutters,power floats,power tamps,all bricky profiles,the whole shebang.so i have corporation tax,insurances so i charge more per day than a site guy.whos got a level and bucket of tools.

Good for you but not everybody has the money to get set up and running. 

3 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Good for you but not everybody has the money to get set up and running. 

Yup mate,im lucky in the fact i do local,stuff now,farmers ,friends,etc,and word of mouth in very cautious of a call from someone i dont know,as they normally scew you over.ive been in this trade 35,40yrs and my dad too.my ole man  had a builders merchants too,and very large one/two.its gone now but i used to get alot of work threw that.and know almost all the builders from miles around.thisrs not many that can do it  well,prob 2 or 3 firms id trust.the rest are bodgers.ive been round bricks all my life and can lay a proper brick,no point doing something  if its shit.built up slowly,no loan.but its only 3 of us now.am slowing up .

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

And yet you still describe yourself as a groundworker ???????

• Haha 1
On 23/05/2020 at 13:31, bird said:

you got sombody to look after you dog, or you rehoming  him over there, if you get I.T work in the UK  .?

I've got someone to look after him through the week ?

On 23/05/2020 at 17:05, Daniel cain said:

dont think its the trades its young fellas coming into the game wanting everything yesterday...iam a self employed stonemason the amount of young fellers av worked with do a week to 2 weeks and cant handle it or wanting more money after a week an jack it is unbeleivable ...ohhh and i agree brickies are messy bastwards......who really want to build with stone but cant haha

• Like 1
On 23/05/2020 at 14:01, RossM said:

aw ffs so you don’t do fabricating anymore?!? 

Not at the same level mate, still got my fingers in the building game...hopefully not for much longer..lol

• Haha 2