Coronavirus

1 hour ago, Francie said:

Dr Anthony phan of Vietnam says there was no autism in Vietnam, until bill Gates showed up with his vaccines, the doc must be lying tho like the rest of docs who speak up. 

Wasn't aimed at you born, don't know why it quoted you. 

Funny you say that mate, with my first 3 kids I paid for single vaccines like we all used to have but by the time my youngest was born they were not available so he had to have MMR and he has ASD (autism) ........makes you think dont it given all the discussion around MMR and it’s links to ASD.

• Like 1

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know what you mean me and my youngest lad are going wild camping for a few days he's austic and has a mad interest in sas so I have set it up with one of my perms were we will set up in a wood survi

"We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another. Suddenly Disney is out of magic, Paris is no longer romantic, New York doesn’t stand up anymore, the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress, and Mec

Ok lads, now ive had a couple of emails sent to me, one of em, well what can i say, im not very good with words, but these come from the heart, Gnasher, hes offered me more help, than 4 charities that

Posted Images

no body out at at all last night, gone from one extreme to another, yes the nhs do a marvellous job, and have my full respect, but yesterday morning I nearly threw up, put the news on, and a bunch of nurses belting out bridge over troubled water,  I mean does anyone clap me fer logging on and putting up wi you lot eh

3 hours ago, Greyman said:

They are using 2018 death rates as a comparison because in 2019 the figures were lower than this year, they have just said on the bbc that only 10% of victims died of the virus the other 90 odd were already suffering with something else and the biggest contributor was dementia ?

Mate, I posted this earlier somewhere. I took the weekly death total data from the ONS site and plotted it for myself. I took the last five complete years as a reference for this years. They are fairly consistent. As you can see, the pandemic has quite clearly left an impact on the weekly death totals compared to what would be expected. I've only plotted to week 20 in the year because the data for this year doesn't go past there yet, obviously.

1886899130_UKweeklydeathrateforthelast5years.png.107f3cb531aa9223745e1c97490f93d6.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Be interesting to see what the death rate is for the next few months, possibly it could be lower than average due to the harvesting effect of the virus taking people who would have died within a year anyway.

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Mate, I posted this earlier somewhere. I took the weekly death total data from the ONS site and plotted it for myself. I took the last five complete years as a reference for this years. They are fairly consistent. As you can see, the pandemic has quite clearly left an impact on the weekly death totals compared to what would be expected. I've only plotted to week 20 in the year because the data for this year doesn't go past there yet, obviously.

1886899130_UKweeklydeathrateforthelast5years.png.107f3cb531aa9223745e1c97490f93d6.png

Are these figures only counting hospital deaths? 

11 minutes ago, tandors said:

Be interesting to see what the death rate is for the next few months, possibly it could be lower than average due to the harvesting effect of the virus taking people who would have died within a year anyway.

I was thinking the same. It's possible that the net effect, over say this year, is going to be lower than 'normal+COVID'. Still likely higher than 'normal'. Given that we know the mortality of COVID is heavily weighted towards those with weakened health and particularly old age it's reasonable to expect now a below average (all causes) death rate for the rest of the year.

As heartless as this sounds, it'll be interesting to see.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

Anybody had one these? Had one today for me 6 year ole lad, randomly chosen ?71AA6CDA-CBF0-4E59-856B-1708ED424117.jpeg.b936fd5332756f69696bf0bfb0164c55.jpeg

Yes mate, my 15 year old got. One couple of days. Ago.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

I was thinking the same. It's possible that the net effect, over say this year, is going to be lower than 'normal+COVID'. Still likely higher than 'normal'. Given that we know the mortality of COVID is heavily weighted towards those with weakened health and particularly old age it's reasonable to expect now a below average (all causes) death rate for the rest of the year.

As heartless as this sounds, it'll be interesting to see.

old age fek that hitlers bombs didn't get me. I will go when im good n ready

• Like 1

For a small amount of perspective at this moment, imagine you were born in 1900. When you are 14, World War I starts, and ends on your 18th birthday with 22 million people killed. Later in the year, a Spanish Flu epidemic hits the planet and runs until you are 20. Fifty million people die from it in those two years. Yes, 50 million.

When you're 29, the Great Depression begins. Unemployment hits 25%, global GDP drops 27%. That runs until you are 33. The country nearly collapses along with the world economy. When you turn 39, World War II starts. You aren’t even over the hill yet.

When you're 41, the United States is fully pulled into WWII. Between your 39th and 45th birthday, 75 million people perish in the war and the Holocaust kills six million. At 52, the Korean War starts and five million perish.

At 64 the Vietnam War begins, and it doesn’t end for many years. Four million people die in that conflict. Approaching your 62nd birthday you have the Cuban Missile Crisis, a tipping point in the Cold War. Life on our planet, as we know it, could well have ended. Great leaders prevented that from happening.

As you turn 75, the Vietnam War finally ends. Think of everyone on the planet born in 1900. How do you survive all of that? A kid in 1985 didn’t think their 85 year old grandparent understood how hard school was. Yet those grandparents (and now great grandparents) survived through everything listed above.

Perspective is an amazing art. Let’s try and keep things in perspective. Let’s be smart, help each other out, and we will get through all of this. In the history of the world, there has never been a storm that lasted. This too, shall pass.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, jetro said:

For a small amount of perspective at this moment, imagine you were born in 1900. When you are 14, World War I starts, and ends on your 18th birthday with 22 million people killed. Later in the year, a Spanish Flu epidemic hits the planet and runs until you are 20. Fifty million people die from it in those two years. Yes, 50 million.

When you're 29, the Great Depression begins. Unemployment hits 25%, global GDP drops 27%. That runs until you are 33. The country nearly collapses along with the world economy. When you turn 39, World War II starts. You aren’t even over the hill yet.

When you're 41, the United States is fully pulled into WWII. Between your 39th and 45th birthday, 75 million people perish in the war and the Holocaust kills six million. At 52, the Korean War starts and five million perish.

At 64 the Vietnam War begins, and it doesn’t end for many years. Four million people die in that conflict. Approaching your 62nd birthday you have the Cuban Missile Crisis, a tipping point in the Cold War. Life on our planet, as we know it, could well have ended. Great leaders prevented that from happening.

As you turn 75, the Vietnam War finally ends. Think of everyone on the planet born in 1900. How do you survive all of that? A kid in 1985 didn’t think their 85 year old grandparent understood how hard school was. Yet those grandparents (and now great grandparents) survived through everything listed above.

Perspective is an amazing art. Let’s try and keep things in perspective. Let’s be smart, help each other out, and we will get through all of this. In the history of the world, there has never been a storm that lasted. This too, shall pass.

Just had to check who wrote the above post. With all those numbers I thought it was born hunter ?

10 hours ago, jetro said:

If you were an average Joe in the States after the Great Depression things were very rosy indeed. 

The perspective changes depending on which way you're looking at it. ?

Yep this covid 19 going to pass cause it hasnt had the effect big pharma companies thought it would there hospitals(hotels) are empty and over staffed now they want there patients(customers) back in for normal procedures. All they have done is crash a booming economy put people on th e dole close businesses that might not open again. The chinks and big online companies like amazon the only winners out of all this. 2 months into this i still dont know or havnt heard of anyone i know of  catch this virus.

• Like 1