mmmmmmmmmmmm

my dog runs around the rabbit on the lamp and runs it straight back at me. she discovered that the rabbit runs slower and straighter because just can't see anything. also if it is fast then alot of the time it runs straight into me.

on some nights i've caught up to 7 rabbits by her bring them straight at me.

i thought that she was doing it by fluke to start with but she does run all the way the otherside before chasing quite often now.

i think that dogs also learn not to look directly into the light over time.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

snoop whats your dog best on day or night i herd he did better than most ov the daytime dogs on here the other day and hes just a lamper come moocher?? and i would say when a dogs up turning something on the lamp the lamp shineing on the dog as much as its prey

Ask him how it did the week before :whistling:

whats the best your dogs done this year on the same ground??

Guest markbrick1
my dog runs around the rabbit on the lamp and runs it straight back at me. she discovered that the rabbit runs slower and straighter because just can't see anything. also if it is fast then alot of the time it runs straight into me.

on some nights i've caught up to 7 rabbits by her bring them straight at me.

i thought that she was doing it by fluke to start with but she does run all the way the otherside before chasing quite often now.

i think that dogs also learn not to look directly into the light over time.

so your lamping dog has a brain :victory: some people will never be told on here,mark

Put it like this,Mark...................you said your brindle bitch took seventy in one night on the lamp 8)

Could she take anywhere near that number in the day on the same ground :hmm:

The answer is quite clearly.....................NO :no:

Why?...............because,1.They feed further out under the cover of darkness so the dog has a better chance :ninja:

2.THEY ARE HINDERED BY THE BRIGHT LIGHT SHINING AT EM :doh:

You can see rabbits feeding quite happily by the roadside during the day,but you will see plenty of roadkill..............99%

of it killed at night after being DAZZELED by the headlights :icon_eek:;)

i dont think dazzeled is correct i just think the lights hide whats behind it ie the car , i thought most animals dogs included didnt see as we do in 3d but in 2d if this is the case they wouldnt be dazzled or blinded they would just see a disc shape ,if it hurt or blinded them they would turn there head away from the lamp when they came back
snoop whats your dog best on day or night i herd he did better than most ov the daytime dogs on here the other day and hes just a lamper come moocher?? and i would say when a dogs up turning something on the lamp the lamp shineing on the dog as much as its prey

i will let miles tell you ...he seems to want to ...i havnt run on the same ground once down the fens ...oh and miles while your at it tell him were i slipped last week ...yer big girl ....and then tell him how many times this dog has been on the fens and tell him how many times its come away with a kill ...or kills :D:D and i would just like to add i havent told anybody on here how my dog did yesterday so i dont know how you heard it salukiminshaw and iam not really bothered .... :thumbs: ...but it is a smalll world the dog world .... :D:D:D

theres lamp dogs and theres LAMP DOGS if you know what i mean same as theres daydogs and DAYDOGS ....for any to excell in what they do wether it be night or day they have to use there brains ........but we all know people favour what they run if they run daytime dogs they will back there dog same as night time ....thats why i have a dog that can do both .... :clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

i will let miles tell you ...he seems to want to ...i havnt run on the same ground once down the fens ...oh and miles while your at it tell him were i slipped last week ...yer big girl ....and then tell him how many times this dog has been on the fens and tell him how many times its come away with a kill ...or kills :D:D and i would just like to add i havent told anybody on here how my dog did yesterday so i dont know how you heard it salukiminshaw and iam not really bothered .... :thumbs: ...but it is a smalll world the dog world .... :D:D:D

yes snoop word travels fast when a minshawsx is showing these coursing dogs up on the fens :D:D:thumbs:

Listen to the pot calling the kettle black :laugh::laugh: Joe you have never once posted any pics of your days out, of your dogs, any helpful advice or tips for anyone on feeding, training, entering, Im not surprised youve gone quiet on the other thread, socks is whipping your ass cos he has some reasoned arguments to put forward about whats behind his theories, all you do is come out with daft name calling dumb fecker etc etc Insults are the arguments employed by those in the wrong, I read that somewhere I think there just might be some truth in that :toast:

These plastic rabbits keep getting mentioned anyone would think you lazy southerners were a wee bit jealous of the scottish tea cosy crew :cry:

TeaCosyCrew.jpg

I guess you wont be wanting me to save any for you then Joe? seeing as how you pm me recently to say you fancied having a go at them as you had never ran them before :whistling:

Oh well, your dog would probably be too fast for them anyhow, seeing as how a pure collie can catch them :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Best stay home and tap away on your keyboard and leave it to us lot who know about it :toast::toast:

Guest markbrick1
Listen to the pot calling the kettle black :laugh::laugh: Joe you have never once posted any pics of your days out, of your dogs, any helpful advice or tips for anyone on feeding, training, entering, Im not surprised youve gone quiet on the other thread, socks is whipping your ass cos he has some reasoned arguments to put forward about whats behind his theories, all you do is come out with daft name calling dumb fecker etc etc Insults are the arguments employed by those in the wrong, I read that somewhere I think there just might be some truth in that :toast:

until the internet i didnt own are take photos of my catches,it just wasnt the thing to do ,photos mean nothing,mark