FOR SALE SECTION

Guest Ditch_Shitter
Ditch?

Sorry, mate. I'm not a Forum Moddie. Just in the Chat Room. Been doing that for a year or more now and it's going fine. How many complaints do ye see directed at Me from in there? I believe that's because we have Rules. Ian B makes them. I do my uttmost to enforce them ~ politely and without fear or favour. " Democracy " doesn't enter into it. It's Not a " Democracy " in there. It's Ian B's Private Chat Room! If Marks and Sparks opened their doors to straw poll 'majority voting', who'd elect to Pay for their goods? Is anyones Local a " Democracy "? Is it f*ck as like! You go there agreeing to abide by the Owner / Managers Rules and pay the going rates. You try ganging up in a pub and Demanding free beer and the " Right " to smoke .....

But that's what we're seeing here. That and now three or four threads on this very subject. All being beaten down by those at the back of the crowd, shouting 'Leave as is!'. Thinking; 'We Like it this way! This way, We run the place! ".

You lot will be living under Sharia Law inside another generation. Why? Blind, pathetic, sheep like adherance to a twisted, washed out, abused definition of True Democracy. Already england's becoming seen as a Bananna Republic. Because ye so called " Leaders " are weaker than gnats piss and scared to death of the majority of Clamourers. While the True majority ~ for now at least ~ walk round with long faces.

Best Forum I know has a notice at the top. Placed there by the Owner; " The Moddies On This Board Will Enforce The Rules As They See Fit ".

No arguements. No protests. No 'Democracy'. No complaints. And that place rages like a river in spate and has done for many years now. It has a Strong Leader and his Moddies don't sit back on their laurels. And, if ye don't like the way He has His place run? Ye f*ck off. Simple.

But then, that's there and this is here. And he's not english.

Ditch?

Is anyones Local a " Democracy "? Is it f*ck as like! You go there agreeing to abide by the Owner / Managers Rules and pay the going rates. You try ganging up in a pub and Demanding free beer and the " Right " to smoke .....

If we extend your analogy Ditch I am just a barmaid in here :drink: , or maybe a doorman.

If I start work one week and then next week decide off my own bat that the Tuesday quiz night is now a Karaoke night I'd get bloody linched.

If I want to make a change I have to either convince the landlord or the regulars and that's what I am trying to do here. :thumbs:

just wondering, why moderators have to report to Ian, before carrying out something,

Im an admin on a game server, and therefore have the powers to kick people off, or even ban them for 5mins,a day or for ever, the owners can check the computer log's to make sure whatever the "admins" are doing is right, and that theres a good enough reason for a kick or ban, so we cant just do it cos we feel like it

so why cany "our" mods do the same

just wondering, why moderators have to report to Ian, before carrying out something,

so why cany "our" mods do the same

We can and do exactly those sort of things all the time. And get moaned at for doing so I might add, but thats par for the course.

I just don't think I should be making up and enforcing a whole new load of rules just because you or I don't agree with something. As your opening post says 'Is it just me.....?' Well from it appears that it isn't just you , but it isn't very many more though either.

not that i agree with much about the airgun bbs forum, but some of these selling rules make sense. one thing that really f*cks me off is when myself or someone selling an item has someone posting a negative comment about an item they have no interest in buying..

1. Before posting in the sales sections:

It is requested that, if using a picture to show the condition of an item but the picture posted is not actually of that item but a representation of a similar model, that the seller indicates this in his post. This is to ensure that the image supplied is an accurate representation of the item for sale. For legal reasons, please do not use copyrighted images.

2. NO AUCTIONS:

YOU MUST STATE A PRICE, NO OFFERS!!!

ZERO TOLERANCE!

3. You may NOT advertise:

Copies, rips and pirates of all DVD or CD's will not be tolerated. It's illegal and Edward is responsible for all content on the BBS.

Any items banned under UK law.

It is also an illegal offence to market knives in such a way to describe them as combat ready, or in some other way that would serve that the knife should be used anti-socially.

4. Etiquette:

When responding to an item for sale, the first unconditional commitment to buy (preferably on the thread) will take precedence over statements of intent to purchase subject to a condition. Asking for photographs etc, does not mean that you have bought or reserved an item until a firm commitment to buy is made.

The seller of an item is encouraged to sell an item to the first person to make a firm commitment to buy on the thread. However, it is entirely up to the seller who they chose to sell to, irrespective of whatever means is used to make that commitment. (PM email etc).

Sellers are expected to update the thread with "Sold" at the earliest opportunity.

It is good manners and practice that once the item is sold, to go back to the original post and edit it to indicate this by typing SOLD into it. This saves users from trawling through pages of 'bumps' only to find that it's been sold and that they've wasted their time.

'Bumps': Every time an advertisement is 'bumped' to the top of the list by the advertiser, everyone else's advertisement scrolls down the page. Anyone who bumps an advertisement excessively will find that it disappears and they may lose access to the sales sections.

The prices asked for any article on this section is the business of the seller and NOBODY else, anyone posting saying things such as "XYZ sells them cheaper" or makes any derogatory comments about the article will immediately lose access to this section.

Sellers: If you intend to add a percentage or offer a discount according to the payment method, could you please make this clear in the advertisement.