FOR SALE SECTION

is it just me :wallbash:

but im fed up reading posts that say "offers"

if you want a bidding war, pay ya money and stick it on flea bay

i thought the rules in the "for sale section" stated that it needed a price, or am i wrong

surely ad's like that should be removed

or ad's that say "selling for a friend"

is that so the seller dont get any comeback??,

Guest Ditch_Shitter

You're with it, Stubs! And a good many of us are with you too! Keep reading around and ye'll find there's been a Few discussions of that f*cking place. We have a good Moddie on our side and Ian's back very soon. The whole thing's coming to a head here. Maybe Something'll be done about it this time around?

your right stubby. another thing i cant see the point in is just putting forsale in the topic title and the price underneath or something. now whats the point in that! just wastes everyones time looking at something they probably wont need. again people quoting pictures! one or two isnt too bad but when theres a thread with loads on it gets a bit boring. then someone else will quote the origional quoter meaning you have to scroll through them all again. surely something can be done? Ditch?

your right stubby. another thing i cant see the point in is just putting forsale in the topic title and the price underneath or something. now whats the point in that! just wastes everyones time looking at something they probably wont need. again people quoting pictures! one or two isnt too bad but when theres a thread with loads on it gets a bit boring. then someone else will quote the origional quoter meaning you have to scroll through them all again. surely something can be done? Ditch?

Good idea a brief description in the second title box will save people looking if there not interested :thumbs:

Good idea a brief description in the second title box will save people looking if there not interested :thumbs:

It's interesting to read what you have both put there, 'cos I have had a poll running on a very similar proposal for a couple of days, but frankly have had very little response - just 30 votes so far which is only 2.5% of the active membership.

Now as a moderator I am not in the business of just imposing rules one day because I think it's a good idea. Ian can, it's his site, but not me.

Based on the poll results so far there just doesn't seem to be any membership support to tidying this section up.

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/index...showtopic=38586

Maybe make it so befour you can sell something you need to tell a MOD the reason they say yes/no

or...........

make it so you have to do say 20 posts befour you can log in to sell an itam just an idea

im not looking to argu the toss .

I'm all for a minimum post count before being allowed to buy/sell etc. This will give other members to get a "feel" for the person before they can buy or sell. As for the "offers" thing..............shouldn't be allowed in my opinion.

What has already been posted about the amount of "one post members" is more evident on here in the last few months than it's ever been and I just wouldn't be able to join up with the sole intention of treating this site like "Free-Ads".

Al :drink:

Ive come to the conclusion, your all a bunch of moaning old ladies, if all you have to worry/upset you is trivia in the small adds then you are either very lucky or have extremely boring lives :laugh:

It is common sense you dont buy something from someone you dont know or cannot get references about. If you do not possess such common sense then buy from these people and you will soon get some.

Other than that, if you do not wish to purchase anything, stop reading the classified untill you want to buy something.....quite easy really :toast:

Happy new year :victory:

Moll.

Ive come to the conclusion, your all a bunch of moaning old ladies, if all you have to worry/upset you is trivia in the small adds then you are either very lucky or have extremely boring lives :laugh:

It is common sense you dont buy something from someone you dont know or cannot get references about. If you do not possess such common sense then buy from these people and you will soon get some.

Other than that, if you do not wish to purchase anything, stop reading the classified untill you want to buy something.....quite easy really :toast:

Moll.

Very well said Moll .. :toast:

I'm all for a minimum post count before being allowed to buy/sell etc. This will give other members to get a "feel" for the person before they can buy or sell. As for the "offers" thing..............shouldn't be allowed in my opinion.

What has already been posted about the amount of "one post members" is more evident on here in the last few months than it's ever been and I just wouldn't be able to join up with the sole intention of treating this site like "Free-Ads".

Al :drink:

if they are aiming too rip someone off it won't matter whether it's one post or a thousand it'll still happen,or they answer every post with yeah good idea, wecome, nice or with smilies, but yes i think something should be done. all the best for the coming year

Moll.

come a bit closer so as I can trip you up with my stick. :tongue2:

I can make it so a member needs a minimum number of posts before they can add a thread to the classifieds section. Still won't stop the puppy peddlers though, there everywhere, anything to make a quick buck....

john, ive just voted on that poll for a warning. i dont think its fair to just go deleating posts unless there serious offenders and then if they cant comply with the rules then stop them posting in the sales section, but perhaps im am just being grumpy :D dont know about anyone else but i dont usually take notice of the stickies at the top :rolleyes: so perhaps others are missing the post aswell?

ok moll call me a grumpy old ba$tard, but I've always belived we have rules for a reason, if "we" as a forum have a rule, that there should be a "price" stated in an advert, but we then turn a blind eye to it, we may as well open the doors to everyone and their uncle,

yes you can text talk if you want, it shows the new generation

Ive always belived that "hunting folk" stick together, help each other etc, a sort of family, and one way of doing that is when you got something you dont want anymore, you offer it first, to those within your comunity, if no one snaps it up, then you offer it out to eveyone out there, and prehaps make more money for it than you wanted

the 20 post before gaining access is a good idea, but it will then make people who only want to sell, spam the new members section with "welcomes"

so why not just have a set of rules that everyone sticks too

item description and price in the header of first advert

if not a donator, then a 50p or £1 fee, heck everywhere else charges, this would make those that post regularly in the for sale section, realise that to be a donator aint that bad,

Well said Molly !! :toast::toast::notworthy::notworthy:

I made a suggestion a while ago that instead of having for sale ads we could just have a wanted section and people post what they are wanting, then they can be contacted by people off the site via pm and the deals be done in private, after all a sale is between the person buying and the person selling and no one elses business.

It could easily be made so that the topic starter can post their WANTED advert and then no one can reply via the forum, so they have to reply in pm. Once the topic starter has found what they are looking for, they pm a mod and the mod closes it so it drops down the forum. That also stops people bumping stuff, as every time someone bumps, it pushes someone elses topic down the page.

I didnt get much response to this idea when I posted it last time, maybe the mods/admin could consider it this time round?

No scheme is foolproof but IMO asking people to make a certain amount of posts wont work as people will just post nice dog mate til they fill their quota, and asking for a donation wont stop them as the puppy peddlers will just pay their fee and then carry on advertising. My idea isnt foolproof either but I think it could work?

If anyone has a negative experience, I am sure they wouldnt be long in telling everyone about it, via another post to warn others, as was the case recently with "peter" .

Just a thought, hope youse get something sorted out, but at the end of the day Molly is right use common sense when buying and selling and you wont go far wrong :thumbs: