It’s that time of year again

The day although wet and low numbers of shootable birds was still a very enjoyable outing, getting to see a few people that I haven’t seen since last season, arranging to go out for a few deer with one of the members, sorting out to take one of the young lads out after rabbits and general chit chat with like minded people, fingers crossed in a fortnights time we will of had some dry, cold weather to harden them off as I have a guest shooting and although we are a little farm shoot I’d still like to put on a good show for him ?

• Like 3

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t know if I’ve mentioned this on here before but a good few months ago a very good friend and my long time shooting buddy had a heart attack while out walking and had to be air lifted off the hi

Now that’s day three over and it was certainly a wet one, from the moment we got there the rain didn’t stop, 44 was the bag, I managed 8 myself and the rain didn’t seem to stop them getting above the

Well it's different for me. I have shoots all around me but being a loner and anti social weirdo I just keep on top of vermin and then I get birds walking of shoots looking for peace. I do h

Posted Images

Up at the shoot this morning for a look around and a feed up, it’s looking very different from the washout that was the first day, we have had a couple of hard frosts since then and the birds are looking better for it, they were around the feeders on arrival no doubt hungry after a long cold night on the roost, By the time I’d made my way to the back of the shoot a few cocks had started to make there way out onto the frost covered fields heading towards the oak’s and the last of the acorns, with a bit of luck the weather will carry on the way it’s been over the last few days and the second days shooting might be a good one ☝️ only time will tell 

32A12738-396C-4A70-9430-10AA3BEF5A3A.png

FD8ADBA3-2748-435A-92D1-C4D7888829A8.png

D578E9AD-E878-463A-8E3C-D4DA166C2925.png

• Like 4
17 hours ago, Stavross said:

Up at the shoot this morning for a look around and a feed up, it’s looking very different from the washout that was the first day, we have had a couple of hard frosts since then and the birds are looking better for it, they were around the feeders on arrival no doubt hungry after a long cold night on the roost, By the time I’d made my way to the back of the shoot a few cocks had started to make there way out onto the frost covered fields heading towards the oak’s and the last of the acorns, with a bit of luck the weather will carry on the way it’s been over the last few days and the second days shooting might be a good one ☝️ only time will tell 

32A12738-396C-4A70-9430-10AA3BEF5A3A.png

FD8ADBA3-2748-435A-92D1-C4D7888829A8.png

D578E9AD-E878-463A-8E3C-D4DA166C2925.png

Is that it stav! Just them two to chase around all season!! Wait a minute.. .it's not the same bird is it ?

• Haha 3
3 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

Is that it stav! Just them two to chase around all season!! Wait a minute.. .it's not the same bird is it ?

There might only be two mate but you still have to hit them, they will be safe with me waving a bang stick at them and a few others in the shoot ?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

Errr, warms up again Friday and more wet fronts are on the way.

Already peeing down sideways where i,m going at the weekend and no its not Wales but the amount of water theyre might be Whales :doh:

• Haha 2

We love Pheasant Fahjita,s marinade for 2 hours and get  it in the pan ,dollop of sour cream and chives job done .Ironic talking to a Latvian friend at work loves meat/poultry/venison etc but couldnt shoot anything to eat .She Grew up on a farm so as a girl piglets,chickens etc had names till gran did the required and Sunday dinner was dished up.

The modern problem that cow in the field isnt dinner ,dinner comes on a polystyrene tray from Tesco,s not the local woods fresh from my butcher,s block :hmm:

People are too detached from their food imho atb 

• Like 2

That’s completely right, my missus won’t eat anything I bring home, she is completely oblivious to where her food comes from, she will eat duck from Tesco but if I bring it home with it’s jacket on she won’t eat it, mental ?

• Like 1
Just now, Stavross said:

That’s completely right, my missus won’t eat anything I bring home, she is completely oblivious to where her food comes from, she will eat duck from Tesco but if I bring it home with it’s jacket on she won’t eat it, mental ?

Me too mate ?

7 minutes ago, Baldcoot said:

We love Pheasant Fahjita,s marinade for 2 hours and get  it in the pan ,dollop of sour cream and chives job done .Ironic talking to a Latvian friend at work loves meat/poultry/venison etc but couldnt shoot anything to eat .She Grew up on a farm so as a girl piglets,chickens etc had names till gran did the required and Sunday dinner was dished up.

The modern problem that cow in the field isnt dinner ,dinner comes on a polystyrene tray from Tesco,s not the local woods fresh from my butcher,s block :hmm:

People are too detached from their food imho atb 

Tesco! Waitrose polystyrene tastes much better ?