Another extinct cat species found alive

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://news.yahoo.com/extinct-leopards-last-seen-1983-spotted-alive-taiwan-104653326.html  declared extinct in 1983 

Stunning cat BUT knowing orientals as I do and knowing that eating both dogs and cats was only banned a couple of years ago in Taiwan I would be sceptical till proof,tangible positive proof is shown r

Posted Images

13 hours ago, mackem said:

This is a more likely sighting 》》》》》》》" C U Jimmy, its our right of way !! ".

49949843_1020271071501848_7070581467134296064_n.jpg

The ‘extinct’ Asian big cat, similar to the clouded leopard (pictured above at Taipei city zoo in 2013) was last seen in 1983. (Getty)
》》》》 If there was one in Taipei city zoo in 2013 it ain't been extinct for 36 years.

A leopard species believed to be extinct for 36 years has been reportedly spotted in Taiwan by a group of villagers.

BELIEVED 》》》》》 REPORTEDLY

Village rangers claim they saw the Formosan clouded leopard when they were exploring in southeast Taiwan on two separate occasions.   CLAIM. ... Seen on two separate occasions ? Not seen for 36 years !!

The leopards were declared extinct officially in 2013, but the last official sighting of the animal was in 1983. .?? .... there was one kn the zoo in 2013

National Taitung University’s Department of Life Science professor Liu Chiung-hsi said to Focus Taiwan News Channel: “I believe this animal still does exist”. BELIEVE

The professor said it was no surprise that the animal had not been seen for decades as they are vigilant and not trapped easily. ( If they are / were vigilant and not trapped easily, how did anyone see or find these years ago before the advent of digital trail cams and infra red and heat seeking cameras ? ).  

One set of rangers claimed they saw the Asian cats hunting goats on a cliff in Taitung County’s Daren Township, while another group said they saw the animal near their scooters, before it ran up a tree. CLAIMED, 》》》》 EVEN IN THESE OUTLYING AREAS NEARLY EVERYONE HAS A MOBILE PHONE WITH A BLOOMING GOOD CAMERA ON IT.

According to Taiwan News, rangers have been patrolling the area since last summer in the hope of spotting the leopard, which are known locally as Li’uljaw.  (According to Taiwan News) WHO WOULD WANT A STORY TO MAKE NEWS.

The deputy director of Taitung Forest District Office, Huang Chun-tse, said they are hoping to confirm the sightings.  (HOPING )

They were declared officially extinct six years ago after a 13-year-long study by a team of zoologists failed to spot one leopard. IT DONT LOOK LIKE THEY EXIST. 

As usual with all of these cat themes its all a bit thin. Has Jamie theakstone written this story up ? He is all that ... reported, believed , claimed, experts, clap trap. Oh I  must go now because ET wants his cup of hot milk before he goes up to bed. No seriously.  Or it could be half a cup. You disbelievers.

Edited by Meece
7 hours ago, Meece said:

The ‘extinct’ Asian big cat, similar to the clouded leopard (pictured above at Taipei city zoo in 2013) was last seen in 1983. (Getty)
》》》》 If there was one in Taipei city zoo in 2013 it ain't been extinct for 36 years.

A leopard species believed to be extinct for 36 years has been reportedly spotted in Taiwan by a group of villagers.

BELIEVED 》》》》》 REPORTEDLY

Village rangers claim they saw the Formosan clouded leopard when they were exploring in southeast Taiwan on two separate occasions.   CLAIM. ... Seen on two separate occasions ? Not seen for 36 years !!

The leopards were declared extinct officially in 2013, but the last official sighting of the animal was in 1983. .?? .... there was one kn the zoo in 2013

National Taitung University’s Department of Life Science professor Liu Chiung-hsi said to Focus Taiwan News Channel: “I believe this animal still does exist”. BELIEVE

The professor said it was no surprise that the animal had not been seen for decades as they are vigilant and not trapped easily. ( If they are / were vigilant and not trapped easily, how did anyone see or find these years ago before the advent of digital trail cams and infra red and heat seeking cameras ? ).  

One set of rangers claimed they saw the Asian cats hunting goats on a cliff in Taitung County’s Daren Township, while another group said they saw the animal near their scooters, before it ran up a tree. CLAIMED, 》》》》 EVEN IN THESE OUTLYING AREAS NEARLY EVERYONE HAS A MOBILE PHONE WITH A BLOOMING GOOD CAMERA ON IT.

According to Taiwan News, rangers have been patrolling the area since last summer in the hope of spotting the leopard, which are known locally as Li’uljaw.  (According to Taiwan News) WHO WOULD WANT A STORY TO MAKE NEWS.

The deputy director of Taitung Forest District Office, Huang Chun-tse, said they are hoping to confirm the sightings.  (HOPING )

They were declared officially extinct six years ago after a 13-year-long study by a team of zoologists failed to spot one leopard. IT DONT LOOK LIKE THEY EXIST. 

As usual with all of these cat themes its all a bit thin. Has Jamie theakstone written this story up ? He is all that ... reported, believed , claimed, experts, clap trap. Oh I  must go now because ET wants his cup of hot milk before he goes up to bed. No seriously.  Or it could be half a cup. You disbelievers.

The ‘extinct’ Asian big cat, SIMILIAR to the clouded leopard (pictured above at Taipei city zoo in 2013)

no one said there was one of the extinct cats in a zoo. If your going to pull something apart for fake reporting then don’t use the same tactics as them to do it.

I have to agree the rest looks very sketchy at present, I would love to hear it gets confirmed in the near future.

• Haha 1

It's BELIEVED  that There's a guy works round the chip shop swears he's ELVIS and REPORTEDLY he slips ET an extra portion of chips every Friday night. ALLEGEDLY  ET hás asked Elvis to put a large cod by for the MESSIAH who it is THOUGHT to be going to dock in between having mètings with the YEHTI and the LOCH NESS MONSTER !!

It's 100% the truth. As It is THOUGHT that I live and breathe.  But then again,  you'll never see me you'll never hear me.

I must apologise  for my error which mislead you. The devil of it all !!  SIMILAR TO.  I misssed that one.. I'll have to ask ELVIS if it's ok to leave a memo to all of the above at the chip shop so that when the MESSIAH comes in for his cod that he will be able to inform the YEHTI , the LOCH NESS MONSTER  And others of this alleged word modifier. And that's the state of play,  PRESENTLY, AS IT STANDS.

Edited by Meece
5 hours ago, JDHUNTING said:

If your minds to open your brain will fall out

And there's no fool like an old fool 

If your minds to open what?

By writing 'if your minds to open, you're asking a question, as you wrote 'to' not 'too'. So in that context, in that sentence, you asked a question, not made a statement, which is what you intended. And you left out the apostrophe after the d, in mind.

I'm not old, or a fool.

If you're going to have a dig at me, get your grammar correct first. ? ?.

Unless you were alluding to 'greyman'.

Always have an open mind ?

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, Waz said:

What other thought to be extinct species have been found then?

There's a few but the two that immediately spring to mind are the mountain gorilla and the coelacanth. The coelacanth turns up fairly regularly by all accounts but the mountain gorilla thought to be extinct by the Victorians, rediscovered, and is now critically endangered thanks to poaching. The rarity blessing might also be it's curse.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

There's a few but the two that immediately spring to mind are the mountain gorilla and the coelacanth. The coelacanth turns up fairly regularly by all accounts but the mountain gorilla thought to be extinct by the Victorians, rediscovered, and is now critically endangered thanks to poaching. The rarity blessing might also be it's curse.

Does that last bit mean You need the gene pool as once a population drops below a certain number it’s pretty much doomed anyway through inbreeding weaknesses ?? Not sure about the subspecies of puma but the eastern puma has recently been declared extinct ???

CEAD6C9F-AE2D-4922-B86A-E0104BD2E0D1.jpeg

10FC0D75-9ADD-4336-A646-657DA967AD4E.jpeg

13 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

10 minutes ago, Greyman said:

There was another cat thought to have been extinct for 90 years caught on a trai camera in Chernobyl last year 

This is interesting

Searched a bit, zanzibar leopard & https://euroradio.fm/en/considered-extinct-90-years-forest-wildcat-spotted-chernobyl-area

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Does that last bit mean You need the gene pool as once a population drops below a certain number it’s pretty much doomed anyway through inbreeding weaknesses ??

The lack of diversity in this case would be an issue I'd have thought. But it didn't seem to be a problem in the Old Testament so it'll be reet. :thumbs:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
13 hours ago, Waz said:

What other thought to be extinct species have been found then?

I no they are not on the extinct list but wild polecats not escaped ferrets but proper wild polecats are popping up all over the place I,d never seen one in my life but have found two different groups living on the outskirts of Bristol over the last 2 years think I have caught around 15 since the end of 2016, cameras open up a totally new window into a world we think we no well ??

• Like 3