Out For A Mooch with the hounds

Went out today on our shoot ground to check a large fell side covered in gorse and crags, the hounds lifted matey and went straight down the fell side about 300yrds in 10 seconds and holed him in a drain at the bottom, my black terrier bitch accounted for him in there dag down 3ft and dispatched him- hope this is the bugger killing our pheasants.

post-11129-1199299070_thumb.jpg

i was lucky enough to be invited out with bowderdale and his hounds last sunday, a day i wont forget for a long time, when he says they did 300 yds in a matter of seconds, hes not joking, im still aching now, trying to keep up with him never mind his hounds. they are a credit to you, keep up the good work.

all the best steve

i was lucky enough to be invited out with bowderdale and his hounds last sunday, a day i wont forget for a long time, when he says they did 300 yds in a matter of seconds, hes not joking, im still aching now, trying to keep up with him never mind his hounds. they are a credit to you, keep up the good work.

all the best steve

Thanks for the comments zippo, todays terrain was very steep and rough but not as rough as the last cover we done on sunday ! Hope your little bassets have recovered from the miles they put in. I'll give you a bit more notice next time and you can get on the treadmill to get conditioned before you come.

ttfn

Went out today on our shoot ground to check a large fell side covered in gorse and crags, the hounds lifted matey and went straight down the fell side about 300yrds in 10 seconds and holed him in a drain at the bottom, my black terrier bitch accounted for him in there dag down 3ft and dispatched him- hope this is the bugger killing our pheasants.

Fox habitat and scenery to die for no wonder your hounds are as fit Bowderdale.