They all don't come good

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He be 10 year old now,had him out today....still a determined oul soul but his pace and speed hss diminished....sadens me to watch...trying to persuade the wife to find him a place on the sofa,but it

do you work with hunting dogs or just badly trained  petsStr?can ye make a  dog brave when he gets bit by a fox for the very first time? just asking  as my young dog (16 months old on his first fox )d

at one time my son worked sonic with a good hounds man on here ,he took a nice few foxes ,the only thing he lacked was biting power ,but he stayed till the job was done ,i dont do many foxes but when

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Bearfoot said:

Not every dog makes the grade lads wake up that's just.life you either life way it deal.way it or pts I can't pass dogs on simple that's just me there will always be failures like myself ??terriers lurchers gundogs good dogs a few and far between ?

That's about the size of it ?

27 minutes ago, Allan P said:

The only dogs I’ve heard open up are ones that are over matched and can’t  come to terms with their quarry. I didn’t realise ones that kill everything opened up also, well everydays a school day. 

I can honestly say the one I had wasn't over matched, some are just born to be yappers 

• Like 3
Just now, johnrussell84 said:

Fair play to u Jordan . Sometimes they just don’t match up . You can only hope al be doing the same next season with this pup hoping she tunes in . The old dog looks well and U done well by big stan. ?

The old dog will always be here and stan is going in thr [BANNED TEXT] direction, gunna have a run out tonight on a few rabbit with the big dog,  he's almost back running fit so night on the rabbits do him well 

• Like 1
Just now, jcm said:

The old dog will always be here and stan is going in thr [BANNED TEXT] direction, gunna have a run out tonight on a few rabbit with the big dog,  he's almost back running fit so night on the rabbits do him well 

Spot on mate been struggling to find then rabbits this year . Hopefully have a day or 2 ferreting before the end off the season let her learn alittle 

Just now, johnrussell84 said:

Spot on mate been struggling to find then rabbits this year . Hopefully have a day or 2 ferreting before the end off the season let her learn alittle 

Think I only ran a hand full of rabbits with Stan tbh. Diesel is the dog for rabbits 

Hunting instinct is the only thing in a dog that the owner can not f**k up all together you can take some out with training but you can’t put it in if it’s not there, I would say the rest of the problems in dogs are mistakes made in training and the biggest mistake be it lurchers terriers or gun dogs is chucking the dog into too much work too early,I train gundogs & problem dogs not as much as I did but enough to keep my hand in,what it’s learned me is people give up on useless dogs all too easy, most can be turned round in a month not yapping of coarse but most can be made good dogs that most of there owners don’t deserve cos they will never be dog men as long as they have a hole in there arse, I don’t give dogs away or shoot them because there not world beaters,I’ve had 12 dogs and three of them are still with me, out of the 12, 4 were great for me the rest have all been good dogs. It’s a good job dogs can’t talk!! If they could some owners would be told some uncomfortable home truths.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Str said:

Hunting instinct is the only thing in a dog that the owner can not f**k up all together you can take some out with training but you can’t put it in if it’s not there, I would say the rest of the problems in dogs are mistakes made in training and the biggest mistake be it lurchers terriers or gun dogs is chucking the dog into too much work too early,I train gundogs & problem dogs not as much as I did but enough to keep my hand in,what it’s learned me is people give up on useless dogs all too easy, most can be turned round in a month not yapping of coarse but most can be made good dogs that most of there owners don’t deserve cos they will never be dog men as long as they have a hole in there arse, I don’t give dogs away or shoot them because there not world beaters,I’ve had 12 dogs and three of them are still with me, out of the 12, 4 were great for me the rest have all been good dogs. It’s a good job dogs can’t talk!! If they could some owners would be told some uncomfortable home truths.

Your right mine would grass me up summat rotten lol

do you work with hunting dogs or just badly trained  petsStr?can ye make a  dog brave when he gets bit by a fox for the very first time? just asking  as my young dog (16 months old on his first fox )did 5 fox with his sire ,and i made sure he took no hard ship, then on the 6th he took a bite and showed he was not up for the job ,next one he got on his own ,he took hold and the fox struck back,he screamed like a bitch ,let go and ran along side the fox barking,tried him with his sire one more time and he refused to take hold ,end of the line in my eyes ,he wasnt fast enough for hares either ,.so i dont think any training or work could have improved his efforts ,it just wasnt in him ...i didnt pass him on to anyone ,as he wasnt worthy in my eyes to be kept...

• Like 5

It’s a hard one jigsaw cos I don’t know you or the dog and the chances are no I couldn’t make him a fox killer or hare catcher but he’s only 16 months that’s not old is it,I a accept killing foxes takes a special dog but also great care, honestly if you had your time again with that dog would you do everything the same again with him?.

3 minutes ago, Str said:

It’s a hard one jigsaw cos I don’t know you or the dog and the chances are no I couldn’t make him a fox killer or hare catcher but he’s only 16 months that’s not old is it,I a accept killing foxes takes a special dog but also great care, honestly if you had your time again with that dog would you do everything the same again with him?.

yeah Str,exactly the same ,he got his 1st at 16 months in company,and the next 4 over a 2 month period ,then the next  he got 2 on his own ,one by accident after bolting it from a stream, it was softly softly in my view ,..he was a cur for sure...i of all people was praying he'd do well ,but there was no denying it ,he was a poor result of a fairly decent mating .

He be 10 year old now,had him out today....still a determined oul soul but his pace and speed hss diminished....sadens me to watch...trying to persuade the wife to find him a place on the sofa,but it aint working .....yet!!! Lol

Screenshot_20190113-210601_Photobucket.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1