CORDLESS CHAINSAW

I bought one a few weeks back and the amount of work they get through is amazing one charge is meant to give 100 cuts on 6 inch timber but less on this 16 inch tree that washed down this morning , I took some Rabbits to dress at the same time I cut the tree up and when I was done I took the saw and Rabbits home  bagged the split logs up and took them to the shed when I returned for my knife , Axe , Wedge  and chain Oil  they were gone , aint there some Tinkers about !

003.JPG

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, micky said:

I bought one a few weeks back and the amount of work they get through is amazing one charge is meant to give 100 cuts on 6 inch timber but less on this 16 inch tree that washed down this morning , I took some Rabbits to dress at the same time I cut the tree up and when I was done I took the saw and Rabbits home  bagged the split logs up and took them to the shed when I returned for my knife , Axe , Wedge  and chain Oil  they were gone , aint there some Tinkers about !

003.JPG

Why leave them in the first place micky surely you would of took the tools home first 

• Like 1

If your serious about cutting wood it’s got to be sthil or husky really, it’s all about cost repairability and spares availability over a period of time, I still have a big old sthil I got second hand in the 80,S all spares still available over the counter, sorry to here of your loss worse of all in your own garden that’s a real pisser 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, j j m said:

the wife got me a lecy one for the odd bit cutting I do ,I was surprised how good it was

my lad has one of them from screwfix. £50 notes or thereabouts. ive cut lots of timber up with it. i was very surprised how well it cuts.

1 hour ago, Waz said:

Nice garden.

Cordless battery chainsaw sounds a weird idea, but probably very quiet in comparison to a 2 stroke.

You'd be surprised how many professional tree surgeons are using battery chainsaws now.Had 3 lads climbing and clearing a load of trees on a Gas site we were clearing a few weeks back and 2 of them swore by them although the other said he would never use one but he did have the biggest chainsaw ive ever seen and was walking around with just about every type of clip,buckle,axe,handsaw and anything else he could possibly use hanging off his harness and 3 belts.I think he secretly wanted to be one of them American loggers on Discovery.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
9 minutes ago, downsouth said:

You'd be surprised how many professional tree surgeons are using battery chainsaws now.Had 3 lads climbing and clearing a load of trees on a Gas site we were clearing a few weeks back and 2 of them swore by them although the other said he would never use one but he did have the biggest chainsaw ive ever seen and was walking around with just about every type of clip,buckle,axe,handsaw and anything else he could possibly use hanging off his harness and 3 belts.I think he secretly wanted to be one of them American loggers on Discovery.

A lot of the yanks use them for limbing  as the are safer they  also use the 80 volt for felling they change the chain as it is a slow cutter  and increase the bar length.

Handy little saws for climbing ect this is the way forward 2 stroke engines will be banned soon I have lithium everything very good hilti mackitta ect my mate farm has just got a electric tractor ?it’s a chicken farm he then turns the shit into fuel with a biomass Heather then he has two electric ⚡️ vans which deliver the eggs his farm is spotless windmill at back to charge the house and vans it’s the future all was funded buy European grants stihl do  a back back lithium set up very good for the pro quit and discreet 

• Like 1

The ones the lads were using were made by stihl.My boss is thinking about getting one as we do a lot of easment clearence where we go across country clearing anything over the high pressure gas lines ready for the gas company to to their 10year surveys.It would be a lot easier to carry a couple of spare batteries rather than petrol,no need to keep restarting saws and less likely to upset gamebirds or livestock/horses etc

• Like 2