3/4 bull 1/4 grey

2 hours ago, Busher100 said:

I could catch 90% of that quarry, if you want something that can catch f+d consistently you wouldn't own a heavy bull x in the first place 

Nah matey. Ive had 3/8 5/8th kill hares and deer and plenty of them at that. Get them fit and trimmed down nice and they got a little bit in them.

• Like 2

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone else  like this type?

Nah matey. Ive had 3/8 5/8th kill hares and deer and plenty of them at that. Get them fit and trimmed down nice and they got a little bit in them.

I have a reverse 5/8 bitch 8 months old she caught her first rabbit other say ferretting so not as slow as you'd think

Posted Images

This dog was built like a half feller. Seen much lighter half x to hal x offspring than what this was. And not talking of turning them into speed machines just having enough to have a fair whack at most things. Thing i found with the strong type bull greys is they would fade after a couple runs and would overheat quick early season. Id have another of the right type tomorrow and expect most stuff to be on the menu for it

Fair enough mate i wouldnt comment on a dog I never seen but I think we can both agree if you get a heavy bull x you will catch less than it's racier counterpart assuming both dogs in question are game, I have racier dogs to do the f+d still young yet mind, I only have this reverse 5/8 for one thing if I wanted 1 dog for everything I wouldn't of got her and I think most people who buy a dog that's over half bull aren't worrying about how fast it's going to be 

3 hours ago, downsouth said:

Not really a lot of cop round holes then if it struggled with a bolted fox.

Yea ,to be fair if anything had a lead on him he couldn't cover ground quick enough ,but I seen him catch a couple ,not my cup of tea to be honest, but each to there own 

48 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

This old dog could catch foxes in his day and even roos if he got up close,pit cross bullmastiff.If he had grey in him the world would have been his oyster.Pic taken last week,17, can still jump stock fencing.If you think bulldogs are slow think again.

IMG_0717.JPG

Australian foxes must be a lot slower than uk foxes then because ive had bandogs,bulldogs and bull/greyhounds over the years and the first 2 wouldnt catch a healthy fox all the time they had a hole for an arse and ive seen plenty of bull/greyhounds that couldnt either unless they caught one by surprise.

• Like 1