lamping styles

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously there is otherwise i wouldn't do it. For example if i run my dog on a rabbit and for what ever reason she doesnt pick it up wether she chases the wrong one or it runs of the beam in a ditch etc and ones hopping past me while my dogs not quite back there is deffinatly a need 2 run and scare it back out if i want that rabbit caught. If you cba running then don't, but i will run and will do it my way. Plus i would rather save me dogs energy and her get them easy because she can be walking for 10 hours + a night a few times a week so the less energy used the better

10 hours + WOW :icon_eek:

at realy hot places i keep my dog on a short lead and run every thing with the dog. :wacko: im defnatly rabbit fit now but i keep jacking on the hares!!! :cry: and if the farmer comes i dont have to chase my mutt round the field trying to get her back! :yes: you guys should try it! no need for slip leads eather!! :D:D:D:D

it's all about fun for me and if the dogs run i like to be right there when it's caught espescaily foxes besides my dog wont retreive lol nah but seriously if you run which i dont do every time but do enjoy doing it iv kicked about two dozen rabbits all resulting in catches and when i was younger iv even caught 3 or 4 with my hands its quiet fun but remember the closer you are to the rabbit the easier it is for you to see

when i used to go out with some boys to proper lampshy fields we used to have to run to rabbits before they ran in and try to get in between the rabbits and where they will/likely run towards otherwise you would have no runs......it worked though the few fields we did it in...other than that the only time i ever run is on a hare when its going towards a brow or into the next field

just a quick taught on styles of lamping most of the lads around where i live including me run with the lamp on the rabbit when we slip the dog. had a couple of lads over from wales hunting and lamping with me an they taught i was mad running with the dog. they just stand in the one spot.whats yer taughts? y.i.s sionnach

fox if ya want pup off the blue just ask :clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

Guest bobsuperdog
i creep up nice and quietly

flick the lamp on

and then screem at the top on my voice

ggggoooooooooooooo ooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

then i chase the dog and rabbit

but this time im shouting

go you fat tw@t

get him out the hedge

turning him

ggooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

but i usaly just run the 1 rabbit

every few fields

there dont seem to be many rabbits sometimes :hmm:

bob ive just read your post and i lamp very simular :D ...i just think where your going wrong ...and i hope you dont mind me saying so ...is it sounds like your running your dog a little heavy i.e fat tw@t.... :thumbs:

thanks fot the advice snoop

ive now cut him back to just 2 14" pizzas a day now

:victory:

just a quick taught on styles of lamping most of the lads around where i live including me run with the lamp on the rabbit when we slip the dog. had a couple of lads over from wales hunting and lamping with me an they taught i was mad running with the dog. they just stand in the one spot.whats yer taughts? y.i.s sionnach
na no way thats what dog is for! thats grand with young pup but after that dog should do the work you just drive the car is it because the dog dosent c the rabbit maybe their to far out good dog should scan the field from the ditch

well said slip and by the way how u get the name slip

Did ye not ever see him slipping all over the place, when he's running

with the lurcher like a sprinter :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

flick the lamp on

go you fat tw@t

get him out the hedge

turning him

every few fields

sounds like scent lamping.....did u learn off of him??? :tongue2::tongue2::tongue2::tongue2:

flick the lamp on

go you fat tw@t

get him out the hedge

turning him

every few fields

get out of it power contravationst!! :feck:

sounds like scent lamping.....did u learn off of him??? :tongue2::tongue2::tongue2::tongue2:

flick the lamp on

go you fat tw@t

get him out the hedge

turning him

every few fields

get out of it power contravationst!! :feck:

SOMEONE HAS TO KEEP A TIGHT REIGN ON YE YAHOOS!!!!! :angel:

Guest oldskool
whats the reason for running?

i'l only run if i think the run is going to head over a brow of a hill and i'm goin to miss seeing the chase... i used to run alot when i was a cub, i thought when i was bringin on a pup it would get it to go in the right direction but lookin back on it now i was just being to hastey... most of the time the pup would run a bit in front and then turn round to look at me anyway lol... now i wait for her to give me a tug and then i know she's locked on