CHILD KILLED IN DOG ATTACK

Guest BIG FRANK

Guest Ditch_Shitter
The child only had to scream and this sends Rotties into a frenzy........FACT!!! How many Rottie owners are aware or even want to be made aware of this? :wallbash:

Ease up, Al! Isn't that a bit like saying; " Let any Bull 'n Terrier see another Dog " or " Any Lurker see fur " and there'll be death?

There. As I live alone and isolated, I've (I swear to god) just sat here and screamed. Three times. Dingo Dog came to me with evident concern. Orange Dog got off the bed and moved towards me, before deciding my behaviour didn't even merit that much effort. Chain Dog, my Rottie bitch? She simply sat and looked at me as if to say, " Eh? What on earth's he doing That for? ". FACT. Want it on film next time?

Lumping a bit of experience of A Dog together and presenting it as all over knowledge of an entire Breed is what started Breed Specific Legislation in the first place. If Your Rottie can't handle a scream? Act accordingly. But Please don't offer my one up on the same sacrificial platter.

Thankyou.

Guest john2007oliver
A introduction of dog licence's with a compitence test for owners of medium to large dogs will help stop idiots, uneducated and people without knowledge of dogs such as this. yc

Guns are licensed everyone can still get one though. Licensing/banning isn't going to stop anything

A introduction of dog licence's with a compitence test for owners of medium to large dogs will help stop idiots, uneducated and people without knowledge of dogs such as this. yc

Guns are licensed everyone can still get one though. Licensing/banning isn't going to stop anything

But gun's are easy to conseal an eight stone rotty you just cant hide in your belt and anyone can get a dog, gun's are harder to come by.

I did say " will help stop "

Edited by leegreen

Heard about this on the radio.....it caught my ear because they mentioned the dangerous dog act...and the fact that it has been decided that rotweilers WILL NOT be added to the list inspite of this incident..........well shit in your hat and punch it ! surprise surprise......

So lets have it right...a pit bull killed a kid before xmas and it was national news for weeks and almost panic in the streets....a rotweiler does exactly the same and they spring to the breeds defence and give the breed a pardon and breed owners reassurance that their killer dogs are under no threat....

Now what is worse.....a breed of dog that was never supposed to be a pet dog killing a kid...or a breed of dog that 9 out of 10 are sold are family pets,killing a kid ?

I wonder what would happen if rotweilers were not a kc breed....makes the blood boil :censored:

Edited by gnasher16

Having kids I wouldn't risk keeping certan breeds. Now I know alot of the time certan breeds are not understood but I wouldn't take the risk - it just isn't worth it!!!!

Never herd of a king charles attcking a child - if you want a pet for your kids buy a pet breed.

It is a real shame. I have two young daughters and couldn't imagine the pain the parents are going through.

Oooh ok, I've been deliberating wether or not to reply to this, but here goes. :icon_eek:

As far as I can see situations like this happen because of alot of factors. The one thats screaming out in my head is why the hell are kids being allowed to look after kids :no: A 16 year old (lets face it - kid), looking after not just young children, but a baby too. The first thing anyone wants to do is lay blame naturally, and It makes me feel sick to the pit of my stomach whats happened, but jesus christ what is this country coming to.

Any breed of dog with a certain trait has a right to a life IN THE RIGHT HANDS! -

I have a Ridgeback ( family dog in the house) and I have 4 children - 2 are young babies. There is no way in this world I would leave my children unatteneded with her even though I trust the dog 100%

Complacency and total and utter ignorance are to blame, that poor baby met a horrific death, and it should never have happened - but how do you educate those certain few?? :cry::cry::cry: - This wont be the last time it happens either :no::(:no:

It is a real shame. I have two young daughters and couldn't imagine the pain the parents are going through.

Oooh ok, I've been deliberating wether or not to reply to this, but here goes. :icon_eek:

As far as I can see situations like this happen because of alot of factors. The one thats screaming out in my head is why the hell are kids being allowed to look after kids :no: A 16 year old (lets face it - kid), looking after not just young children, but a baby too. The first thing anyone wants to do is lay blame naturally, and It makes me feel sick to the pit of my stomach whats happened, but jesus christ what is this country coming to.

Any breed of dog with a certain trait has a right to a life IN THE RIGHT HANDS! -

I have a Ridgeback ( family dog in the house) and I have 4 children - 2 are young babies. There is no way in this world I would leave my children unatteneded with her even though I trust the dog 100%

Complacency and total and utter ignorance are to blame, that poor baby met a horrific death, and it should never have happened - but how do you educate those certain few?? :cry::cry::cry: - This wont be the last time it happens either :no::(:no:

I agree with you. You should never leave any breed of dog with a young child unsupervised. No matter what!!!!

Yes, people don't understand how to train / control certan breeds and really they should not be allowed to keep them.

From a personal point of view my oldest daughter (21/2 years old) loves dogs and always wants to clap them. If there is someone with a bull cross / doberman / rotty etc I wouldn't let her clap them - am i wrong to do so? I couln't give a F@ck! This may upset owners of breeds but I genuanly couldn't care less - why? because its not worth the risk - You dont know the people who own the dog and if THEY even understand the breed they have.

Yes, alot of owners have full control over their dogs and know what they are capable of and im sure they have brought their dogs up correctly but is it worth the risk?

Now look at the picture of the wee boy in the newspaper - he is now dead!!!!! dead, not nipped, bitten or hurt but dead! because a dog attacked him. That is fact.

One of the people in my street has a bull terrier (english I think) and its is a great wee dog. He has two kids and the dog is great around them. However, when he was walking past me I picked the whippet up and he said"its okay, he doesn't fight" PURE IGNORANCE!!! all dogs will fight. The diferance is that if his dogs does deciode to fight and gets hold of another dog then with the jaw power it has it would be very difficult to seperate them.

I had a plummer terrier that fought a jackrussle and i could barley seperate her jaws when she had a grip - not the nicest thing in the world so I can imagine getting a bull terrier with powerfull jaws to let go - not easy!

I know that there are alot of responsibe owners out there (and on here) and I am not trying to cause an argument. It's your choice what you keep but not for me.

But gun's are easy to conseal an eight stone rotty you just cant hide in your belt and anyone can get a dog, gun's are harder to come by.

Yes but most attacks happen in the home....

But people still know you have a large dog in the garden and most of them go for a walk so people know you have one so not so easy to evade licencing, any way I'm just trying to help a desperate situation, I for one would not like to have to licence another one of my possesions but would be willing to do so if I thought it would stop tragerdys like this. shamon

Guest john2007oliver

Yes but most attacks happen in the home....

But people still know you have a large dog in the garden and most of them go for a walk so people know you have one so not so easy to evade licencing, any way I'm just trying to help a desperate situation, I for one would not like to have to licence another one of my possesions but would be willing to do so if I thought it would stop tragerdys like this. shamon

Who's going to enforce license them though? It would be a hard job checking every house in the country. Just another way to control everything we do. People who know you will most likely know what your dogs like and if its friendly or not so would not want to grass you up. What are you going to do about cross bred dogs? Licensing has never worked before so why will it work now?

Also getting hold of a gun, recent polls suggested 70% of people could get their hands on one. Probably more in my opinion.

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Tis TM. Post 24: Spot On!

(I'll not add any 'smileys' to accentuate that, because this is hardly a situation for smiles of any sort. But I agree whole heartedly with what ye saying there. Yes).

Tis TM. Post 24: Spot On!

(I'll not add any 'smileys' to accentuate that, because this is hardly a situation for smiles of any sort. But I agree whole heartedly with what ye saying there. Yes).

Cheers D S doesn't take much sense to work out does it! :icon_eek: