Favourite tipple of choice.

19 minutes ago, John d said:

Alcohol.....the dirtiest and most unrelentess drug ever made. Not had a drink in 15 months and wouldnt touch another drop for a million quid.....causes death and destruction every week all around the world yet every day folk are lining up to give there hard earned to the brewery's to feed their addiction that is socially acceptable because every one else does it......the hours wasted feeling rough off the drink or worrying about something you've said/done are not worth it imo and if gambling a mugs games then drinking must be considered along the same lines as there is only one winner and that's the cartels (brewery's) that legally trade in their drug no matter how many folk die from it this week......yes i hate alcohol lol

Not even a shandy? 

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm at about 15 seconds at the moment...

This can be nice, 

I understand that mate and you're right a lot of this does get lost in translation and will inevitably do so due to the limitations of the format we use to engage. I've been on here since IanB opened

Posted Images

1 hour ago, John d said:

Alcohol.....the dirtiest and most unrelentess drug ever made. Not had a drink in 15 months and wouldnt touch another drop for a million quid.....causes death and destruction every week all around the world yet every day folk are lining up to give there hard earned to the brewery's to feed their addiction that is socially acceptable because every one else does it......the hours wasted feeling rough off the drink or worrying about something you've said/done are not worth it imo and if gambling a mugs games then drinking must be considered along the same lines as there is only one winner and that's the cartels (brewery's) that legally trade in their drug no matter how many folk die from it this week......yes i hate alcohol lol

Been there, done that but "A man's got to know his limitations"  still drink more than is recommended but haven't had a hangover since last fishing comp. Lol

500ml Bass £1.00 from Asda, nectar.

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

got smashed on dirty cider in the micro breweries last night... mango cider wtf!!

after I finally perked up today I went out and got a couple of rabbits and took them to the pub round the corner where they converted them into

two pints of carling? way better than that sh1te last night. 

2 minutes ago, John d said:

Over the last 15 months I've met no end of people who have stopped drinking for one reason or another and the one thing I found in all of them is a hatred for how the drink REALLY makes you feel. Take away the few hours in the pub with all the other addicts (anyone who drinks everyday, no matter what level is an addict same as a smoker etc) the feeling rough from it far outweighed any fun I gained from it but the only time I actually felt good was when I had a beer in me. After a nights drinking I could try anything to make myself feel better the next day and absolutely nothing would work apart from a downing a cold can/pint as fast as I could and the feeling of having the "hit" would instantly make my whole body shiver and start to feel better as I drunk more and more till I was pissed again then the circle would start again the next day and the day after etc etc etc till it got to a point where I had to go to a detox ward for ten days as I literally could not stop myself going to the shop/pub/24 hr garage etc to make myself feel better never mind to get pissed! 

Meeting other folk who got in a much worse mess than me with it was the real eye opener. I "only" drank heavily for about 15 years (19-34) but some had done it for twice that and we're basically walking dead, rotting from the inside out with no hope of getting off it and even admitting its to late for help so will just drink themselves to death as they gave up on life many years ago. These are just normal people who have f****d there whole life up on a product the government taxes and allows to be sold 24/7 ? 

Not trying to be a killjoy though, 1000s can enjoy a drink with no affects from it the next day or it not triggering any addictive personalities that push the self destruct button and good luck to anyone who can because the other side of it is a f***ing horrible way to exist and that's a fact!

A bloke i know had it all.wife,4 kids,beautiful house,good job.and his huge garden was amazing.quality kennels,avairy,ferret courts and pond.

Now he's pennyless,living alone,in and out of prison.sometimes living in a shed in a field.

Alcohol has taken everything,EVERYTHING.lovely bloke when sober but an absolute twat when drunk.

• Sad 1

Winston Churchill beat the bosch while chucking down enough to undermine the health of an ordinary man.

Luckily for all of us, he wasn't an ordinary man.

“I drink champagne at all meals, and buckets of claret and soda in between,” When in Saudi a banquet was thrown in his honour. He was informed by the staff that he couldn't smoke or drink on religious grounds. His reply?

“My religion prescribed as an absolute sacred ritual smoking cigars and drinking alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and the intervals between them.”

I'll be raising my glass to him this Memorial Day.

• Like 1