Deerhound / Greyhound

17 hours ago, my hounds said:

Hi thats got to be a first cross(black) from Trevor Cooks line at the time spit and double of my mates bitch From Trevor i had a male from the the same litter,atb My hounds

No shes first x Deerhound greyhound to Wheaton bull greyhound 

• Like 1

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pair of 1st cross deer/greys; Nine month old dog pup and three year old bitch. Cheers.

3/4 x. From Dave platt and joe Woolley   13 months old.  Keeps going wae he is will make a cracking dog no fear strong as hell 

This bitch was sired by Doxhope Knights Errant and the dam was a racing bred greyhound, a sister to Westmead Hawk; This bitch I have now has Doxhope Knights Errant as a grand sire and the d

Posted Images

Dont hear much of trevor cook these days, didnt he get most of bill dohertys doxhope deerhounds when he packed up a few yrs ago, used to go under cookland deerhounds, believe he bred some good stock, any body know if he still going or just breeds the occasional litter atb.

• Like 1

This bitch was sired by Doxhope Knights Errant and the dam was a racing bred greyhound, a sister to Westmead Hawk;

FB5288E3-E97E-4C4D-A3A1-10B29AE41BA8.jpeg.720adf922a82a59223adc6f5676f0c0a.jpeg

This bitch I have now has Doxhope Knights Errant as a grand sire and the dam is an Irish coursing bred greyhound, sired by the coursing champion Mafi Magic.

BF442202-E8B2-4443-8030-50E1AA0546C8.jpeg.dadd70f7faa512ab65db7e0d9f0d59d7.jpeg

Cheers.

• Like 15
On 18/06/2024 at 09:21, grompz56 said:

Dont hear much of trevor cook these days, didnt he get most of bill dohertys doxhope deerhounds when he packed up a few yrs ago, used to go under cookland deerhounds, believe he bred some good stock, any body know if he still going or just breeds the occasional litter atb.

Never worked them but bred loads of pups.And he never got slated as a peddler like a lot of people do.Funny how that works as my mate bred some better bred pups 1xs and used Trevor’s dog to a better bred bitch than Trevor’s and he got slated.

6 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Lot of greyhound in um so I'm told 

Not a lot of people breeding genuine deerhounds or first x deer/greys out of good stuff these days ; a great shame !

B08AED1F-B6D9-4E97-916B-A4A7C2AC64C8.jpeg.c108dfaba1728fb224109739ad5a0b37.jpeg

Cheers

• Like 1
On 18/06/2024 at 11:49, chartpolski said:

This bitch was sired by Doxhope Knights Errant and the dam was a racing bred greyhound, a sister to Westmead Hawk;

FB5288E3-E97E-4C4D-A3A1-10B29AE41BA8.jpeg.720adf922a82a59223adc6f5676f0c0a.jpeg

This bitch I have now has Doxhope Knights Errant as a grand sire and the dam is an Irish coursing bred greyhound, sired by the coursing champion Mafi Magic.

BF442202-E8B2-4443-8030-50E1AA0546C8.jpeg.dadd70f7faa512ab65db7e0d9f0d59d7.jpeg

Cheers.

How would you compare the two at the same age/level of experience? 

1 minute ago, Chevy Chase said:

How would you compare the two at the same age/level of experience? 

Good question , mate !

They were/are around the same height and weight, the older bitch was 29” and 75lb, the new bitch has levelled out at just over 28” and 71lb.

The older bitch matured much more quickly, killing daytime hare regularly at one year old, the new bitch was slower to mature.

Id say the new bitch is slightly faster, strangely, as she’s out of a coursing bred greyhound, and a fraction sharper on the turn, but the older bitch seemed to have more stamina. Possibly the opposite to what their breeding would suggest.

BUT; they both are/were a joy to watch in full flight.

Im not an advocate of deerhounds or deerhound crosses, I’ve had all sorts and there are crosses better than them at certain things, but they do the job I ask of them.

Cheers.

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Good question , mate !

They were/are around the same height and weight, the older bitch was 29” and 75lb, the new bitch has levelled out at just over 28” and 71lb.

The older bitch matured much more quickly, killing daytime hare regularly at one year old, the new bitch was slower to mature.

Id say the new bitch is slightly faster, strangely, as she’s out of a coursing bred greyhound, and a fraction sharper on the turn, but the older bitch seemed to have more stamina. Possibly the opposite to what their breeding would suggest.

BUT; they both are/were a joy to watch in full flight.

Im not an advocate of deerhounds or deerhound crosses, I’ve had all sorts and there are crosses better than them at certain things, but they do the job I ask of them.

Cheers.

Good response mate thanks

They’re two stunning bitches and I’m sure the old bitch gave you many happy memories and I hope your current one continues to give you many more to come. 

I’ve never seen a deerhound cross in full fight sadly, my current charge probably has somewhere in the region of a 1/4 in him not that you’d know it to look at him and I had his uncle before that but he only had about 1/8 however I think they were better for it!