iv got a dog hear....collie suluki g/hound....very well trained.....will only take rabbits.....day or night....whats the point in trying for somthing you aint gunna get....why not breed some exellent rabbiting dogs.....if ya bitch wont take fox's.......merry xmas :thumbs:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK CHEERS FOR THE ADVICE DALE WHAT TYPE OF PUP SHOULD I LOOK FOR I WOULD LOVE A SAL/GREY BULL/GREY WOULD THESE TACKLE FOX OR IS THEIR SOMETHING BETTER THAN THEM BUT ALSO A GOOD RUNNING DOG

Bull cross every time. A bull cross that won't do foxes ain't worth keeping.

bull crosses aint or were any better that taking fox than anyother cross.

its a moden day cross of lurcher,and the one in fashion at the mo.

look back on the old exchange & mart papers and you would see trends for a few years or so, like say

bedlington/greyhounds,and then the next would be deerhound crosses.

some of the best,fox hunting/killing lurchers ive seen have been from collie/greyhound crossed blood

and a lot would kill a fox a lot faster then any bull cross ive seen.

dont get me wrong i aint knocking bull crosses,ive got one here,also collie crosses,but what i would say is the collie have

got the edge as a fox dog if he hadit in is makeup to take them.

other wise ther aint a lot between them as work goes

look back on the old exchange & mart papers and you would see trends for a few years or so, like say

some of the best,fox hunting/killing lurchers ive seen have been from collie/greyhound crossed blood

dont get me wrong i aint knocking bull crosses,ive got one here,also collie crosses,but what i would say is the collie have

WELL SAID TAWNY

what happens if the pup you keep turns out like your bitch ? if you want a fox dog find a litter thats bred out of single handed fox killing parents.

just my opinion mate and very probably wrong , i often am :whistling:

a very good opinion as well mate pups out of proven perants is the only way when u start hopeing for this and that to happen ur doomed

colie crosses arse grabbers

i have a wheaton/greyhound here for stud.....2 grand and 3 bitch pups stud fee....he has'nt done f**k all though....so the pups should be brilliant.... ;)

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: ......Ill Pm you my number.... :clapper::drink:

OK CHEERS FOR THE ADVICE DALE WHAT TYPE OF PUP SHOULD I LOOK FOR I WOULD LOVE A SAL/GREY BULL/GREY WOULD THESE TACKLE FOX OR IS THEIR SOMETHING BETTER THAN THEM BUT ALSO A GOOD RUNNING DOG

hi their my mate has got a collie/bull/greyhound and its good on fox (were legal) :whistling: