Worst Job You've Ever Had ?

Expelled out of school @ 15 f****d about till i hit 16. My mum was a manager in tesco and got me a job in Tesco pushing trollies. I f***ing hated every second of it.

was told if i quit id be thrown out. Didnt help when i was slagged off by my brothers for being a trolley boy. One of them even got cards made up at his work which read.

"Shopping reciptical recovery operative " f***ing smart arse!

bashed a few cars doing that job lol

left it to go work in a sawmill. Another soul destroying job stacking wood!

• Like 1

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I boxed when i was a teenager and after a club match at Corby a fellah asked one of our trainers if he knew a couple of big lads to go on the doors at his pub at Stilton on the A1, two lads were up f

Was a bus driver for 3 weeks had to give it up didn't like people talking behind my back .

I once took a second job as pot wash in the Cunning Man pub in Burghfield near Reading - I didn't mind the job but, the head chef was a complete c**t - a proper Gordon ramsey wannabe.   I stormed ou

Posted Images

Worked for a hoity toity marketing firm about 16 years ago doing something with the computers they had.

The bloke that owned it was a psychopath egomaniac and needed putting down. His wife was as bad, a complete and utter bitch to the girls who worked there. It was like a Victorian Household where the staff were treated like they entered "service".

I lasted around 9 weeks and he was surprised when I quit.

What is it with these types some sort of power trip the place I work now we have a manager who talks to lads like shit and is a fekin bully of the highest order I just take the piss out of him and he doesent even realise I am taking the piss out of him compairing him to that drill sargent in full metal jacket.lol

Cleaning the inside of a giant container which had a build up iron filings 'growing' on its sides. The iron filings came from lathes placed above the container. All the iron shavings fell into the container and every year it needed descaling.

Temperatures above 100 degrees were normal. It was so dark you could barely see a yard in front of your body. We had to strip to our underpants and hack away at the filings with crow bars. The deposits were about a foot thick and once we had hacked away and bagged the stuff, we had to climb out of the container on a ladder that was maybe a hundred rungs in length. I was the only white guy and i can remember a mate of mine, a Jamaican, saying ' this job isn't fit for a f****n nigger'.

The filings used to get into every fold of skin on your body and drive you crazy with an itch that was like no other itch. We got double pay for the fortnight the job lasted, but believe me it wasn't worth it.

Edited by jukel123

Cleaning the inside of a giant container which had a build up iron filings 'growing' on its sides. The iron filings came from lathes placed above the container. All the iron shavings fell into the container and every year it needed descaling.

Temperatures above 100 degrees were normal. It was so dark you could barely see a yard in front of your body. We had to strip to our underpants and hack away at the filings with crow bars. The deposits were about a foot thick and once we had hacked away and bagged the stuff, we had to climb out of the container on a ladder that was maybe a hundred rungs in length. I was the only white guy and i can remember a mate of mine, a Jamaican saying ' this job isn't fit for a f****n nigger'.

The filings used to get into every fold of skin on your body and drive you crazy with an itch that was like no other itch. We got double pay for the fortnight the job lasted, but believe me it wasn't worth it.

Kin ell!! are you victorian? lol

• Like 1

Temperatures above 100 degrees were normal. It was so dark you could barely see a yard in front of your body. We had to strip to our underpants and hack away at the filings with crow bars. The deposits were about a foot thick and once we had hacked away and bagged the stuff, we had to climb out of the container on a ladder that was maybe a hundred rungs in length. I was the only white guy and i can remember a mate of mine, a Jamaican saying ' this job isn't fit for a f****n nigger'.

Kin ell!! are you victorian? lol

Not quite, but not far off. That job was 48 years ago to be precise. Still gives me nightmares. To think I volunteered as well. I needed the money.

Edited by jukel123

Steel erector... I don't like open hights I swear I left nail marks in the steel.. but on the flip side I was a roofers labourer for a few months it was hard work but I kinda enjoyed it and roofs never bothered me hight wise.

• Like 1

the worst job I have done was working 12 hour shifts in margarine tub printing factory it was 12 hours of opening boxes putting the blank tubs and lids in to a machine that would spew them out at a million mile an hour onto a conveyer belt to be printed ,I could hardly open the boxes quick enough it was f****n soul destroying did it for a month before Christmas just so I could get some presents for the kids .it brings me out in a cold sweat just thinking about it

• Like 2

Before I had any direction in life etc. I used to push the spout into them 5 ltr oil cans that you buy. Didnt do it for long.

BEST job I had was maintenance in a posh fancy health club, nights were great used to have a workout, sauna, steam room, jacquzi, and go on the sunbeds. Along with polish a floor or two and hoover out the sand in the pool. + there was a nightclub on the top floor with a staff only service lift between the healthclub, restaurant and then the club. LOL Crap money, but id happily clean the windows at the back of a dance class for free today. :boogy:

• Like 5

I boxed when i was a teenager and after a club match at Corby a fellah asked one of our trainers if he knew a couple of big lads to go on the doors at his pub at Stilton on the A1, two lads were up for it and i was roped in because i had a car , the night went well except for a scuffle which was quickly stopped and three chaps from Peterborough were chucked out , later as the place was closing a dwarf who had been a bit of a pain all night was blind drunk and getting out of hand, [he was on the dance floor looking up the girls mini skirts]. The gaffer said :thats it ,get him out : i went up to him and said sorry mate you have to go , with that he went crazy screaming , swearing , trying to kick me and then for some reason took all his clothes off and shouting Colin is the greatest , everyone in the place was laughing except me, i wanted the ground to open up. Igot him cornered and grabbed hold of him and picked him up and he started squealing and spitting at me and when i got hold of his hands he tried to bite my nose in the mean time the party of girls who were with him started on me and a big fat bird got hold of me and we all went down in the spew , the place was in uproar and i just wanted to go home.

• Like 10

I just asked the good Lady BB what her worst job was.....

She immediately said "Working in a factory, putting the little plastic toys in Xmas crackers !"......her eyes glazed over, and she didn't want to talk about it any more than that.

• Like 3