Pure Salukis

Has anyone had much experiance with these?

in 97 or 98 i saw Paul Sager (i believe he was a good Saluki coursing man) run one of his young dogs on a ferreted rabbit on the hills at Crawford in Lanarkshire.

I was impressed with it and it returned the rabbit almost to hand.

Its the only Saluki(pure) i have ever seen in my life and i just wonered if anyone else has them and how thet were working wise and obediance wise. I know what I've read, but want to know from people who have them.

Cheers

Has anyone had much experiance with these?

in 97 or 98 i saw Paul Sager (i believe he was a good Saluki coursing man) run one of his young dogs on a ferreted rabbit on the hills at Crawford in Lanarkshire.

I was impressed with it and it returned the rabbit almost to hand.

Its the only Saluki(pure) i have ever seen in my life and i just wonered if anyone else has them and how thet were working wise and obediance wise. I know what I've read, but want to know from people who have them.

Cheers

thats gotta be the first mate :clapper: i 1 of mine woud not come back today i left him :bye:

mate of mine has a pure , it ran in the forley cup at 14months old , shes 5 year old now and as far as i know shes always been very biddable , shes very fast too , its the first pure hes had and is now totally converted , hed own another pure providing its off the right stuff

I've seen a few pure Salukis run. I think like all dogs, if you take the time to

put some training in, then there pretty biderbal.

If you kennel them, and just let them off to chase, you shouldnt be too surprised when they dont come back.