Plummers - just ratters?

Guest proudy

I see very little slating going on!!!!When people tell the truth it is not slating...it is simply the truth. An old keeper told me that my Plummer X dog was a typical f**king Russell, quite a few were like that, even before Plummer was born. He reckoned all plummer did was smarten them up to look like show dogs so they would be more saleable/showable/PlummerTypeAbull :yes:

As your bleating that no one has owned one, here's my peace.

I had my red letter day with with mine around four years ago... 4 ft on the locater on a banking...my back was bolloxed at the time so the other three lads and the keeper had to take it in turns to dig...spades were getting nowwhere so the keeper went back for the bar as the ground was like concrete...we broke through on top of the dog and foxes noses, it was decided that the dog should be lifted as soon as we could get him out. which we did, and the hole was to be made bigger so we could get to the fox. In the the time it took to make the hole bigger the hole where the fox was, was lost. Four dogs were tried in that hole and non could find from young to old seasoned dogs...I shone the torch on the plummer X and he was indicating he was good to go, so the keeper let him off...in the hole, round and round a time or two, a little bit of digging about a foot up the hole and the sweet music began again. he was lifted. One dig doesn't make a dog but that dig made my day, my year and will remain with me forever. He slept on my bed for a week after that day...A few years later i asked the keeper if he remembered the day and he remembered it better than i did, but in a different way as his own dog was tried in the hole.

Would i have another? if it was exactly the same as the one i have know, i'd be more than happy to put up with the little t**t. I bred him with the bitch i have and the pups were too big for the work i get so it won't happen again and to be honest i don't think he's worthy of the bitch ;):tongue2:

My Plummer can yoddle for hours and has been given the nickname "The Beagles", it seems that some plummer owners can winge about nothing for even longer :clapper:

What was your red letter day?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours...and counting :tongue2: No dogs being slated...just so called humans :tongue2:

Maybe the whole thread is a p*ss take and a underhand way of putting them down?,are they worthy?.I had to explain myself 3 times saying i wanted to breed the best working fault free litter i can,you tried once and failed and i just want the best chance of succes.If folks think i'm wrong then they know f**k all as thats what everyone should be aiming for when breeding any livestock of any sorts.To change subject on to lurcher pups is undermining and patronising to anyone who is intrested in the thread and loads of hits have been made on this one,i don't mind folks slating me mate and being called a so called human is nothing new,lived on hippy sites for the best part of 20 years there ain't nothing i've not been called and probebly by some on here over the years .My dogs are young dogs at both just over a year old so as far as red letter days go with these dogs they are still coming on,yes i've had some grand days out with them but like i say early days,as for winging mate i have done some now. How do you know it was the dogs fault with your oversized pups and not just wrong lines being mixed,seems you just bred what you had,clever mate. :thumbs: This is a thread on the plummer terrier and all i've done is state facts as well,lets keep this on track now weve had our soapbox moment. :thumbs:.What we have in common is terriers and wanting the best from them and your story shows that,it's grand when your dog shows that little extra something.

Ive had a real good plummer that id dig to mostly every sunday morning. The only problem with them is there a bit too gutsy for their own good. You dont often come across them but some b*****d stole mine about 4-5 year ago. :wallbash:

Foxlamper 8)

Thats NOT your dog in your avatar... :no::nono:

Looks like ive hit a nerve...more pm's then santa

If a dog is worth miting use it, if it looks nice but fails, swallow your pride, its a looker not a worker then dont.

I had a nice small nice looking dog that wasnt to my standards and sadly after 2 yrs of trying i had him PTS, I bred three litters from a good working bitch to 2 very nice looking and working dogs, i kept back nice marked and shaped bitchs, but still ended up with dogs not up to my standards ( lookers maybe but workers no), i have bred a bitch that is ok to look at, not the strongrest bitch in the world but she is a tryer and fingers crossed is ticking the boxs for me.

I have bought in a bitch ( money well spent even at double the price) and she is doing well, one of the best bitches ive ever owned.

But at the end of the day the plummers aint perfect, look at the lads buying black dogs in.

Merry xmas and a good new year to the red dog owners and the folks that have seen the light

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...