Controversial !

I think this has been blown out of proportion tbh . The addition of bull for those who have used it for what I deem correct purposes is done through a 1/4 or 1/8 animal never through the real deal. This I know is controversial as someone's got to do the leg work to get there but they do and they are out there.I've never been one to project breed to produce anything I'm not sure of but I realised a long time ago ,having spoke to a few older lads ,that to keep size and a style of work I am used to then it's advantageous to use these crosses once in a while . I'm convinced many lads introduce it unknowingly through choosing a stud that not only works well but has all the attributes associated with our ideals .A lot of lads with smooth ,big headed stuff swear blind its not in theirs but a little look back usually finds something that was at least 1/4 especially if it's anything derived from GM from the valleys lol.

The problem starts when the bull becomes the important factor.

• Like 4

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some old adverts in magazines from 1900s ,,that mention Blue polls,

There's a lot of bull in some lads yards. bull shit.

i first posted that photo , its nuttall bred , and before you all start saying staff blood and making fools of yourself you need to know that dog was tiny , the bull bllood in what is now called the p

Posted Images

A lot of black dog's have plenty of bull in their make up you only have to look at some of them bull sticks out a mile

So with that way of thinking when in your opinion would you say bull blood was introduced to the labrador ?
I've always considered some labs to have a bull look about them. I doubt that it is actually in them though

Not even kidding

It has to be in them. The experts on here who know everyones breeding are telling us that if it looks bully then it's a bull mongeral.

Smooth coat, big head, it's a bull cross. The Lab even comes Buckskin, Black and Chocolate, it has to be a bull cross. Maybe the Chocolate is where the Chocolate came from in the black terriers.

Maybe old Fell breeders used a Chocolate Lab to introduce Bull back into their lines.

Or maybe, just maybe, over the years those who needed a small dog to go under ground to face a quarry who can retaliate that they ended up with a small dog with a big head and jaw because those qualities do help.

The same type of features a fighting dog has :hmm::hmm::hmm: .

lad I was hunting with few times last season has a big ole lurcher dog. Very good at foxes from what I seen of him. I would have bet strong money he was a bull x but in actual fact it was a labrador x. You'd never no the difference.
Keeper by me had a chocolate lab that would kill a fox as easy as any bull x .
  • Like 1

Is that blue on the white dog? And why would someone want that style of dog? They have no legs, and at the size they are, why not just get a apbt? Now seeing they have small legs are they considered a pud still?

• Like 1

Is that blue on the white dog? And why would someone want that style of dog? They have no legs, and at the size they are, why not just get a apbt? Now seeing they have small legs are they considered a pud still?

Skull sired 2 blues in one litter when bred back to his daughter once

But in general, yes I'm of these same opinion as yourself

What are these then?

Top photo is a Pedigree Patterdale terrier?

Bottom photo is a Bull / Russell (Didn't Bert Gripton's terriers have that blue spotting in them?)

post-42222-0-62757000-1492636196_thumb.jpg

What is the breeding behind this dog, interested in hearing what people think.

post-42222-0-96485700-1492635729.jpg

• Like 1

Really skull did huh? I personally know MR BOUDREAUX and never seen a blue on his property and when asked if he ever had blues pop up he would say no. And ive made half brother sister breeding off the skull/maverick stuff and never got a blue. And my dogs came from him. Did you see these blue dogs on his property or were you told this by him?