Ratting!

:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

love the photos, she is a little star, makes me proud that she is doing well for you, like one of the kids getting a good report at school!

What is her breeding Bigbird? Someone asked, but I forgot :doh::D what you told me! This was only her second trip out ratting: the first was about a week ago for just 4 rats in a few holes under a hedge. I thought I'd lost her today but she was under the rearing shed for nearly an hour, just killing and hunting rats. I was best pleased with her when she started digging in a mound of earth and bricks that my old bitch was marking. Other dogs came and went and lost interest but Beetle just kept on in there digging away, and when she lost the hole she just looked and looked again and started digging once more: eventually opening up to 4 big rats. Oops, did I already say that in my original post? :icon_redface::laugh: I was just chuffed to bits with her and she's never been out with strange dogs before: she just didn't care at all: even started to bring one rat to me :icon_eek: until I told her to leave it!

It really was a brilliant morning: made all the more so by being such a rarity for us. I guess if we did it every week it wouldn't have been half as good, though maybe........... :hmm::hmm::D Good craic as well. Some fine looking dogs there but the Staffy stole my heart: sensible, calm and determined and such good manners. A Rose by name and by nature, the only thorny side to her was kept for the rats. A real credit to her owner.

Your right there cracking photos of the bulls working great to see mind you they all looked purposefull loved those strong headed russells :thumbs:

had a great morning , if invited back I will bring my smoker as well ( that will make 3 ) plenty of rats around & good to see a good number of terriers out without any stress ( apart from the odd owner ). It is great to still have opportunities around like this still.Thankyou very much Don

had a great morning , if invited back I will bring my smoker as well ( that will make 3 ) plenty of rats around & good to see a good number of terriers out without any stress ( apart from the odd owner ). It is great to still have opportunities around like this still.Thankyou very much Don

Probably go back a week after xmas will let you know, then in Feb there will be the game strips to do . :D