What Does Being British Mean To You?

To me it's the indomitable spirit in the face of adversity where we Brits historically come to our own.

The Battle Of Britain fighter pilots outnumbered 4-1 but still went up every day and fought the Germans back

Henry V at Aigincourt outnumbered 5-1 and beat the French

Ranulph Fiennes and his incredible expeditions (sawing his frost damaged fingers off with a hacksaw)

Nelson at The Nile and at Trafalgar

Robert Falcon Scott knew he was done for but still showed immense courage

Winston Churchill refused to accept defeat or surrender

The determination of Donald Campbell to break speed records which eventually took his life

The scientists, Fleming, Baird, Newton

All the above and many many more make me proud to be British.

• Like 9

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To me it's the indomitable spirit in the face of adversity where we Brits historically come to our own.   The Battle Of Britain fighter pilots outnumbered 4-1 but still went up every day and fought

The best thing about being British is that you dont have to be American.

Being British to me is walking and hunting the lad my grandparents did,drinking the same Ale in the same pubs they did.Visiting every corner of our Isle and exploring the fauna and flora.Having the ha

Posted Images

Not happened yet .Trouble with this country ,many like to moan behind closed doors but do f**k all about it .Never been afraid to say it as it is and ain't about to change now .The blacks I can stomach ,its the rag heads I f***ing hate .

I remember 3 lads years ago out at a nice resteruant having a meal and a few bottles of bubbly celebrating one of them being let out of police custody, they sat a family of Africans at the next table next too these lads.......one of the lads stands up and shouts for the maitre de and now the whole place is looking "we want another table please" says the lad......."why sir, what's wrong ?"

Lad shouts in his face "because I'm not eating my nice expensive meal sat next to those f***ing animals!"

The assembled diners faces were a picture, they nearly fell off their f***ing chair (so I am told!)

You could not do that now and that's a fact !

The lads did however get another table ! Lol

Not happened yet .Trouble with this country ,many like to moan behind closed doors but do f**k all about it .Never been afraid to say it as it is and ain't about to change now .The blacks I can stomach ,its the rag heads I f***ing hate .

I remember 3 lads years ago out at a nice resteruant having a meal and a few bottles of bubbly celebrating one of them being let out of police custody, they sat a family of Africans at the next table next too these lads.......one of the lads stands up and shouts for the maitre de and now the whole place is looking "we want another table please" says the lad......."why sir, what's wrong ?"

Lad shouts in his face "because I'm not eating my nice expensive meal sat next to those f***ing animals!"

The assembled diners faces were a picture, they nearly fell off their f***ing chair (so I am told!)

sounds a bit dickish to me they do .

• Like 2

Aye I suppose they do but that's the arrogance of youth I suppose.......but as your reply points out perfectly nobody really has the stomach to say it out loud and as it is, like foxdropper says most people are fine to mutter under their breath but saying it our loud is more than they can run to.

Ugly isn't it ;)

• Like 1

To me it's the indomitable spirit in the face of adversity where we Brits historically come to our own.

The Battle Of Britain fighter pilots outnumbered 4-1 but still went up every day and fought the Germans back

Ranulph Fiennes and his incredible expeditions (sawing his frost damaged fingers off with a hacksaw)

The determination of Donald Campbell to break speed records which eventually took his life

not forgetting old nosey,,,wellington,,,,all them battles in france spain and portugal,,during the Napolionic/peninsular wars,,,and eventualy waterloo

• Like 2

Order and civility, even when doing very uncivilised acts.

When being asked to do the impossible, politely informing everyone that the task is impossible and that there is no hope and then going away and doing it anyway!

Quiet little villages tucked away where you still feel that you live in a quiet and free country.

A rich history of global exploits; good, bad and ugly.

• Like 3

not forgetting old nosey,,,wellington,,,,all them battles in france spain and portugal,,during the Napolionic/peninsular wars,,,and eventualy waterloo

...and the 'cockleshell heroes' in Operation Frankton.

The words of Lord Mountbatten, the commander of Combined Operations, are carved into a Purbeck stone at Royal Marines Poole (current headquarters of the SBS): "Of the many brave and dashing raids carried out by the men of Combined Operations Command none was more courageous or imaginative than Operation Frankton".

Fuckloads of similar examples.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 3

...and the 'cockleshell heroes' in Operation Frankton.

The words of Lord Mountbatten, the commander of Combined Operations, are carved into a Purbeck stone at Royal Marines Poole (current headquarters of the SBS): "Of the many brave and dashing raids carried out by the men of Combined Operations Command none was more courageous or imaginative than Operation Frankton".

Fuckloads of similar examples.

Your living in the past we get our arse kicked all over the world now

• Like 1

What a pathetic load of old bollocks........grow the fcuk up!

Here's a 'knowing' wink for ya' ;-)

• Like 2

I agree its one thing to look like animals but unless they act like animals what is there to shout about.

• Like 1

Thing is mate, you never say anything about "race" as its comes across that it!don't bother you and that's fine......if I'm honest it's not the highest of priorities either now days........you get older and realise that life is all shades of grey........and personally I just got pissed off being pissed off all the time.

What I was trying to show was that the reality is very ugly indeed and folk can say this or that but saying it out loud reveals it in all its disgusting brutality..........folk talk the talk but very few are prepared to walk the walk when they have to say it honest and out loud !

Much easier to mutter "I don't like pakis" to your mates

I agree its one thing to look like animals but unless they act like animals what is there to shout about.

I have to disagree mate, and to me it's where you realise that's it's all bollocks when it come to people talking about race half the time.

If people really meant it they would rather their car ran out of petrol than use a paki garage or that their morning paper didn't arrive because and Indian owns the corner shop.........but no, they all talk about it and yet still fill up the car or get the current bun.

Not many people have the sheer beleife to really mean it imho and so ultimately, it's bollocks.

Just my opinion

• Like 1

Thing is mate, you never say anything about "race" as its comes across that it!don't bother you and that's fine......if I'm honest it's not the highest of priorities either now days........you get older and realise that life is all shades of grey........and personally I just got pissed off being pissed off all the time.

What I was trying to show was that the reality is very ugly indeed and folk can say this or that but saying it out loud reveals it in all its disgusting brutality..........folk talk the talk but very few are prepared to walk the walk when they have to say it honest and out loud !

Much easier to mutter "I don't like pakis" to your mates

You say that Wilf but surely someones got to actually do something wrong......or are you talking about just walking round saying we dont like them being here full stop.......ive never got on great with the darkies and never been backwards in saying what i think about them which has got me in trouble with a lot of them over the years but we all grow out of that " i hate blacks " lark.....you and me are both tolerated in a foreign land because we embrace the culture we,ve chosen to be in but if we slipped about acting the c**t we would have to expect them to take a dim view of us.......no different really is it.

• Like 2