A few ratting pics, from last season

ok i got confused :laugh:

i agree that a couple of rats isnt worth mentioning on forums but i think its still worth going out as much as possible.to be honest if i could afford the diesel id go ratting everynight and just before work everyday to just catch one or two rats at a time.

half and half is lucky as his permission is nearer,hopefully i can tag along a few times now he has seen sense and got himself a dog. :whistling:

mind even if i was taking good numbers on a weekend i hope i would still be keen enough to go lamping a few rats on a night.anything is better than watching coronation street with our lass :yes:

sometimes anything at all is better than spending time with our lass :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

get shut of that posh motor and buy a shed like mine then you would beable to put juice in it :feck::thumbs:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok i got confused :laugh:

i agree that a couple of rats isnt worth mentioning on forums but i think its still worth going out as much as possible.to be honest if i could afford the diesel id go ratting everynight and just before work everyday to just catch one or two rats at a time.

half and half is lucky as his permission is nearer,hopefully i can tag along a few times now he has seen sense and got himself a dog. :whistling:

mind even if i was taking good numbers on a weekend i hope i would still be keen enough to go lamping a few rats on a night.anything is better than watching coronation street with our lass :yes:

sometimes anything at all is better than spending time with our lass :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

get shut of that posh motor and buy a shed like mine then you would beable to put juice in it :feck::thumbs:

:feck::laugh:

Great pictures 'Keeps'

Looks like a good day out. I hope you dont mind me saying this but you shouldnt really hold a dog by the scruff of the neck when they are adults because it can really hurt them. Just some helpful advice.

Keep up the good work!

Well thats a new one on me :blink: I was born and brought up with terriers, and in all those years I have never ever known one come to any harm by it :no:

As often as I can half n half, but not always with the big numbers that are at the end of the shooting season ;) I love ratting, would go out every day if I could but work sometimes gets in the way.

Theres a pond round our way where we get a few, and we have permission on a livery nearby but theres just one or two at a time, piddly little numbers there, hardly worth bothering with really :icon_redface:

Do you do much yourself? :D

pretty much like yourself keeps,i scratch about my local permission getting small numbers and now and again hit the 'jackpot' and get a decent bag.

you could say i'm regular though as i get around my local permision most every day.i suppose i do alright just having the single dog as ratting is more effective in numbers.

Theres a mixture of different lines in the plummers pictured, one is an outcross the other two are "pures" if you can call any plummer that. The plummers in the photos are Legion Fleur de lys (NPG Alpha [sonatal Todd x Raggengill Lucy] x Legion Mask [Raggengill Nine x Legion Red]), Wyremead Suzi (Stonyford Dumbo [Wyremead Cerberus x Remlap Sally] x Wyremead Shoda (Lacey Ern x Wyremead Harlow) and deepdigs dog, Coalville Sony (Wyremead Cerberus [stanhill Billy x Wyremead Sariel] x Matadan Pip [inglebrae Tyson x Lynley Megan]) so a whole hotchpotch of lines there, but some interesting ones ;)

Edited by Keeps
Our bitch "Tain" had a knack of being in the right place at the right time (must have been the amount of Ratting we gave her )...cant knock the plummers for the Ratting game.. :thumbs: , i personally think she sussed out if you hang back you get a kill...we took others out with her and they laughed at her for loitering about...until the rats broke cover and she nailed em. we never did get another when she passed away....maybe one day.

I have one like that also, that always just happens to be in the right place at the right time :laugh:

a few more

flint2.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0119-3.jpg

DSC_0100-1.jpg

DSC_0091.jpg

DSC_0074-1.jpg

DSC_0076.jpg

DSC_0070-2.jpg

DSC_0047-2.jpg

DSC_0287.jpg

DSC_0154.jpg