Not A Bad Start For Twix

I thought he was coursing bred. Bet you'll struggle blowin him out he could scuba dive with that tank ha. Smart dog mate.

like I said in post before he would use his mouth ,he would just run a rabbit till it dropped lol

Bag o piss then, same as all these coursing type mutts!?
proper bag of piss !!! Till they are mature enough to learn what they are bred for

i was only jesting mate lol. Some of these coursing types are good animals, and also fairly versatile :thumbs:

I thought he was coursing bred. Bet you'll struggle blowin him out he could scuba dive with that tank ha. Smart dog mate.

like I said in post before he would use his mouth ,he would just run a rabbit till it dropped lol

Bag o piss then, same as all these coursing type mutts!?
proper bag of piss !!! Till they are mature enough to learn what they are bred for

i was only jesting mate lol. Some of these coursing types are good animals, and also fairly versatile :thumbs:
I couldn't keep just a point and slip running dog they need to be able adjust and work things out for themselves ?
  • Like 1

Other than dogs that have never been given the chance to use their own instincts, has anyone seen any running dog that did'nt show any initiative ?

I know a few that show it but the owners don't allow them to use it properly they see it as hunting on or buggering off so to speak , then there is a few who point blank won't use there nose or sight unless the owner is pointing them in the right direction ... Then we have the ones that are never allowed off the slip unless they are running something and once they are off they go wild they are free they won't come back to owner the owner gets pissed off dog gets put on merry go round . It's that simple put in the time from young and you end up with a dog that will do what you expect in the field once the game gets up then it's down to the dog ?

Other than dogs that have never been given the chance to use their own instincts, has anyone seen any running dog that did'nt show any initiative ?

I know a few that show it but the owners don't allow them to use it properly they see it as hunting on or buggering off so to speak , then there is a few who point blank won't use there nose or sight unless the owner is pointing them in the right direction ... Then we have the ones that are never allowed off the slip unless they are running something and once they are off they go wild they are free they won't come back to owner the owner gets pissed off dog gets put on merry go round . It's that simple put in the time from young and you end up with a dog that will do what you expect in the field once the game gets up then it's down to the dog

The most sensible post I've seen you put on here :thumbs:

I know a few that show it but the owners don't allow them to use it properly they see it as hunting on or buggering off so to speak , then there is a few who point blank won't use there nose or sight unless the owner is pointing them in the right direction ... Then we have the ones that are never allowed off the slip unless they are running something and once they are off they go wild they are free they won't come back to owner the owner gets pissed off dog gets put on merry go round . It's that simple put in the time from young and you end up with a dog that will do what you expect in the field once the game gets up then it's down to the dog ?
Very fine looking dog. Just out of interest, if you had a 16 month old sighthound who'd never been exposed to any quarry, and then put him next to a small field full of rabbits, what would be the worst thing you could do, that might ruin him for hunting, (without damaging him in any way)?