A Razors Edge

I spoke to my old mate about this, he dug with BN for years, he never knew him to keep any borders at all. The terrier he had was one eighth border and it came of GM, it was hard as hell and it got retired with a keeper for fox control.

George M before you all get confused

Edited by dillydog
  • Like 1

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stop end. You are more than welcome to any pup or breeding that I have access too now and in the future! Should you want it.   All that we ask down this way is to rear them right, work them right an

This thread is testament to why more and more lads are going it alone and working away under the radar minding there own business. It has shown that you may not know each personally but seem to know a

ro284, The Cork white line is a strain of Working Russell, hard to describe the type. Everything from strong Bull/russell smooths to Small wire haired terriers. Not a breed more a strain of workers.

Posted Images

from what i gathered the border in his terriers way back was his own border one of his first terriers before he got some off his grandfather the fellxpits then he became a Breay/Buck fan, wish someone would write a book with him

Glyn.

I agree, it would be interesting to get the full story. A lot of questions could be answered.

If Mr Nuttall's written pedigree for Judy in 1975 is taken back through Mr Breay's line to 1920 then its hard to see where his Grandfathers Fell x Bull came in.

Buck / Breay did line breed the Dog's sire / Dams Grandsire,

but they kept going out to Hunt kennels for stud dogs.

Coniston, East Kent, Bedale, Ulleswater, Cockermouth etc....

Up to the 1960's there is every type of terrier in the mix.

White, Fell, Border, Brindle, and all of these crosses.

post-42222-0-05018600-1482885908_thumb.jpg

It is BN who appears to have started the line breeding of Breay's dogs into his own kennel, if the pedigree is accurate.

More lads may have details to fill in the blanks for the B.N. dogs.

See attached pdf

Judy Pedigree 1975 to 1920.pdf

• Like 1

from what i gathered the border in his terriers way back was his own border one of his first terriers before he got some off his grandfather the fellxpits then he became a Breay/Buck fan, wish someone would write a book with him

Glyn.

I agree, it would be interesting to get the full story. A lot of questions could be answered.

If Mr Nuttall's written pedigree for Judy in 1975 is taken back through Mr Breay's line to 1920 then its hard to see where his Grandfathers Fell x Bull came in.

Judy Pedigree Image -01.jpg

It is BN who appears to have started the line breeding of Breay's dogs into his own kennel, if the pedigree is accurate.

See attached pdf

Judy Pedigree 1975 to 1920.pdf

good interesting topic ,p3. And seems lot these dogs was red etc from the lakes , workers , but after something , breay was breeding black working terrier which he obviously put a lot to get there. Yes interesting to know what bn ,,grandad had and if it was a part of something that also created. I know BRI said that up in Lancashire in his time that the was real good working red terrier's .

Glyn.

attachicon.gifJudy Pedigree Image -01.jpg

See attached pdf

attachicon.gifJudy Pedigree 1975 to 1920.pdf

Good posts PD3 & Glyn.

Very informative.

I always suspected white dogs were in the foundation stock of black dogs!

A bit of everything in the mix. All we are short is a beddy or two and everyone would be happy.

• Like 1

Glyn.

attachicon.gifJudy Pedigree Image -01.jpg

See attached pdf

attachicon.gifJudy Pedigree 1975 to 1920.pdf

Good posts PD3 & Glyn.

Very informative.

I always suspected white dogs were in the foundation stock of black dogs!

A bit of everything in the mix. All we are short is a beddy or two and everyone would be happy.

i know yeh. Might be where the ability comes from .good the way the carry on producing
  • Like 1

Who knows the truth. I might of only been fifteen years of age when I had my own working black dog from a pup , I didn't know who nuttal was but saw a picture of my dogs father in the cw , . the man who bred it said then that he could trace the dogs back to a white dog , the country I won't say but where did he come up with this. Some do tell the odd fib , but the dogs we're second to none , except some bit big and too hard .

I wouldn't know that far back with seeing his dogs , a decade on. He a good man on his dogs and a hunting man. I have no photos of mine but my dog was exact same as ,blackie , gm.identical. its brother was a big black dog too , my school buddy owned. Its sister was a cracking fawn bitch and the other sister , a choc bitch went the states.when id tell BRI , about them he wasn't interested and on the other hand sometimes he'd say about others having his strain so hard to know at times