Benalmedena

Really needed some winter sun and a break so went to travel agents thinking Tenerife etc...anyway the bird in the shop convinced us it would be hot on the Costa del sol, I reckon she had a few holidays she needed to shift cos she really sold it....anyway I now realise it's the wettest month of the year in Spain. Gutted cos we would of gone anywhere! If I'd have know I'd of at least booked a spa hotel with indoor pool...

....so what's my chances of a nice beer, a few good steaks and a relax in benalmedena in November? Anyone been?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

should be good weather, great food etc. be prepared to pay a bit more than the norm.   My advise is get out of the area and see the real places. a bottle of beer should be around 80p (converted). Do

mate ive got some embarresing pics from the early 90,s raving,,i to thought i looked the bollox,,

Iv spent alot of time in spain years ago....hated touristy places...now I feel so burnt out with work I just want to sit in a bar, feel a bit warmer and eat steak! :-)

Really needed some winter sun and a break so went to travel agents thinking Tenerife etc...anyway the bird in the shop convinced us it would be hot on the Costa del sol, I reckon she had a few holidays she needed to shift cos she really sold it....anyway I now realise it's the wettest month of the year in Spain. Gutted cos we would of gone anywhere! If I'd have know I'd of at least booked a spa hotel with indoor pool...

....so what's my chances of a nice beer, a few good steaks and a relax in benalmedena in November? Anyone been?

Chancing it a bit this time of year, a lot of the resort may be closed too, maybe see if you can change it. My parents changed their holiday from Turkey to Greece and it costed very little.

The Canaries are an all year holiday destination due to the better weather being that much further south.

• Like 1

should be good weather, great food etc. be prepared to pay a bit more than the norm.

My advise is get out of the area and see the real places. a bottle of beer should be around 80p (converted). Down there a small tapa with your beer is normal ;)

If you need any phrase help pm me.

• Like 3

should be good weather, great food etc. be prepared to pay a bit more than the norm.

My advise is get out of the area and see the real places. a bottle of beer should be around 80p (converted). Down there a small tapa with your beer is normal ;)

Iv spent alot of time in spain years ago....hated touristy places...now I feel so burnt out with work I just want to sit in a bar, feel a bit warmer and eat steak! :-)

• Like 2

go live in a village and learn Spanish you'll be right at home and chilled.

The culture is very similar to our own mate without manners and common civility as a norm.. it's more reserved for the circle around them ;)

but they do love a bit of fun ?

• Like 1

My mum owned a pub there in the early 90s good crac but get away from tourists traps marinas. Ok but time of year not good we used to go over mob handed 6brothers and sisters with all our kids 24 hour square as name suggests always lively neverwent through hunting season so don't know what weather is like was called london del solution because of Number of x pats enjoy lol

• Like 1

had a week there last month stayed at sunset beach apparments which was ok to be fair,weather was around 25 every day suited me im no sun worshiper but the girls were a bit disappointed lol.

the main strip full bars and restaurants are plenty,everything from local cuisine to your typical indian takeway,but that in itself not for me so we ventured out as we had a hire car,nice little village up the road called MIJAS oldy worldy type place,worth a walk around and the views from up there are really something

worth a walk around the marina as well plenty nice bars and few million quids worth of yachts and speed boats to go with them lol

feed the mullet in the marina you never seen anything like it,climbing over each other out the water theres that many(no fishing obviously lol)

fished off the rocks outside our hotel for couple hours each morning all small stuff and not got a clue what they were either.

if it wasnt for eating and drinking pretty much all day every day feck knows what else id have done there

• Like 1

we had a day in gibraltar as well,give you something to do at least,about 70 mile i think, i was based there in the 80s so first time back for me since then,booze and faggs half price of spain but your limited as to how much obviously,show the kids the apes,keep them quite for an hour lol

• Like 1