Pure Saluki

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The problem with most the input on these saluki threads is that most who comment have not even owned one, and if they have it usually stayed around year then bred from or sold on,   Cant run in smal

Ghostly Ease?, yea I see where you coming from with that phrase mate, when they flat out in pursuit they make it look so effortless, really graceful, a real pleasure to watch, kill or no kill, its the

listen it's simple , The Fact you only said you had not got a running dog after I put the offer out there shows your a talker like I already stated. I'm still willing to run your dogs with my dogs. On

Posted Images

They marmite lol I love em but I can understand others not liking them

I didn't used too like bull cross until I saw a real un

What most don't get is us saluki owners want the best pure bred not the best hare killer, but sure I'd love one that could beat ever lurcher who wouldn't

• Like 3

They marmite lol I love em but I can understand others not liking them

I didn't used too like bull cross until I saw a real un

What most don't get is us saluki owners want the best pure bred not the best hare killer, but sure I'd love one that could beat ever lurcher who wouldn't

I can see where you're coming from but if the name of the game was Hares preban and money was involved I should imagine your opinion would be different. Each to their own I guess but if big ears was the only quarry I really ran it would bug me knowing there's better crosses out there than my pure.

If I wanted too compete with coursing dogs I'd use a coursing dog especially when it comes too money, I wouldn't be that happy with a saluki that coursed hares only either no matter how good it was I'd rather an decent allrounder to be honest get more out of it

There's Salukis and there's Salukis same as in any type, you just try get best you possibly can and work on it, ive just taken back a young pure bred dog who on paper better bred than my current runner but in reality he won't make half the dog my present one is, why? He simply the wrong stamp too small the other one third bigger n just got the xfactor the other lacks in every department but hey that's breeding for ya innit

Edited by arcticgun
  • Like 1

Lurcherx put her f**k the salukis

What's your opinion of the breed then?
both of you are pricks and clueless f****d more threads on here than anybody else two threads on the lurcher section alone foxcub ruined

Mummy let you use her iPad now she's gone to bed..... ? How's those pet digging Terriers going Bobby???

If I wanted too compete with coursing dogs I'd use a coursing dog especially when it comes too money, I wouldn't be that happy with a saluki that coursed hares only either no matter how good it was I'd rather an decent allrounder to be honest get more out of it

There's Salukis and there's Salukis same as in any type, you just try get best you possibly can and work on it, ive just taken back a young pure bred dog who on paper better bred than my current runner but in reality he won't make half the dog my present one is, why? He simply the wrong stamp too small the other one third bigger n just got the xfactor the other lacks

That's a fair answer and not tunnel visioned at all unlike some on here. Happy hunting with the dogs. ?

both of you are pricks and clueless f****d more threads on here than anybody else two threads on the lurcher section alone foxcub ruined
Mummy let you use her iPad now she's gone to bed..... ? How's those pet digging Terriers going Bobby???
doing really well out all the time yours still licking bin lids cos that's all there good for
  • Like 1

doing really well out all the time yours still licking bin lids cos that's all there good for

Nice one Bobby Dazzler, that's what I like to see. I reckon I could find them useful.... as ferret food. ?

Have to agree with Dogfox on some of his comments, is the pure saluki the best hare dog? What do you determine as best? A few years back I once looked after a dog for a pal for 6 months ( would have been longer but he got let early due to good behaviour) Anyway his dog was a 3/4 grey 1/4 bull and would take a Hare before it bent twice and retrieve back to hand alive just as quick, same dog took all quarry just as convincing.

Iv'e seen pure Salukis run hare, which would I prefer to watch coarse? The Saluki all day long, nothing better than to watch a graceful dog on a good long coarse.

It's all down to what you want from a dog, me? I would want a pot filler, but the coursing enthusiast what does he want? The Saluki all day long.

Wind v speed either way the goods end up in the pot ( hopefully)

Both breeds excel one another in their traits, don't knock one for another as both have great attributes to offer :thumbs:

• Like 1

Have to agree with Dogfox on some of his comments, is the pure saluki the best hare dog? What do you determine as best? A few years back I once looked after a dog for a pal for 6 months ( would have been longer but he got let early due to good behaviour) Anyway his dog was a 3/4 grey 1/4 bull and would take a Hare before it bent twice and retrieve back to hand alive just as quick, same dog took all quarry just as convincing.

Iv'e seen pure Salukis run hare, which would I prefer to watch coarse? The Saluki all day long, nothing better than to watch a graceful dog on a good long coarse.

It's all down to what you want from a dog, me? I would want a pot filler, but the coursing enthusiast what does he want? The Saluki all day long.

Both breeds excel one another in their traits, don't knock one for another as both have great attributes to offer :thumbs:

The one thing that's always got me thinking regarding the slower Saluki blooded dogs. They have loads of stamina no doubt about that but more often than not a course with one of those types will be a gruelling run. A faster dog will usually catch the Hare much quicker and even though it won't have as much stamina it kinda negates the stamina advantage of the other dog as it's not running as long. Edited by DogFox123

The one thing that's always got me thinking regarding the slower Saluki blooded dogs. They have loads of stamina no doubt about that but more often than not a course with one of those types will be a gruelling run. A faster dog will usually catch the Hare much quicker and even though it won't have as much stamina it kinda negates the stamina advantage of the other dog as it's not running as long.

Well, I know one thing for certain, the 3/4 1/4 bull I was boarding never had the wind or stamina to do 3 quick hares in succession, it blew out quick, but ran right he was 100% all round. Whereas the Saluki...........There we go back to horses for courses :thumbs: