Bolting To The Lurchers Vid From The Other Day

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A bit of the action from the other day.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLuM2oOSUSI

Great sport it is pointer just wandering with a dog hunting up,,,we've saved a bit up there for a crotchety old fecker that loves hunting them sedges,,   I must admit though watching a dog using its

I started with nets, then bolting to a lurcher before just going for a walk 3/4 times a week with some lamping in between. Lads have always travelled to the northern dales and fells to go hunting and

I was looking at a couple of them sets you did when I went past the other day...they was winking at me and begging to be done ... But I resisted the temptation to step onto another man's land,And carried on my way ... :thumbs:

I was looking at a couple of them sets you did when I went past the other day...they was winking at me and begging to be done ... But I resisted the temptation to step onto another man's land,And carried on my way ... :thumbs:

Lol that will do me mate, I wish all lads would think this way but I saw my land on here a couple of seasons back but no me or my dogs lol. You must know me by know I don't rape the land I get a few runs for the dogs then I'm happy, atb for the season I might run into you this season I don't know how we haven't after all these years.

• Like 2

Is the other dog your mates dog trev,,,it's a real looker...

Good day you had,,,was it Saturday ,,,we just a bit further along

Yes mate I let him have her when she was 10 month after he lost his old dog to cancer. He didn't get out much last season and looks like its going to be the same this season with him working 7 days a week most weeks so looks like its just me most days again lol. Sunday mate , could of had a lot more but stopped myself, I do have respect and don't walk some land when they have the birds down, atb.

• Like 3

Yeh it can be a bit to easy somtimes,,,we have imposed a bag limit between ourselfs,,,would sooner go ten times,,catching 30 or so than going a few times and bagging up...vin even released one the other day ,,,cos it squealed a lot ,,,lol

Was warm up there this weekend gone,,,got out the motor thinking it's a bit chillie first thing,,,within a few hours the sweat was pouring,,

• Like 2

Yeh it can be a bit to easy somtimes,,,we have imposed a bag limit between ourselfs,,,would sooner go ten times,,catching 30 or so than going a few times and bagging up...vin even released one the other day ,,,cos it squealed a lot ,,,lol

Was warm up there this weekend gone,,,got out the motor thinking it's a bit chillie first thing,,,within a few hours the sweat was pouring,,

That is a real good attitude to have TOMO.... :clapper:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 1

Lol it was a warm one mate. I don't know if you lamp around that land if you can you are lucky men lol, I can't so you will only see me up there in the day.

My catch rate is about 25% at the moment..so I recon if i catch 10 The dogs have probably run at least 40... lol.. ( like me the dogs are fat and unfit ).

I do the bits that are impossible and miraculous if you do catch the odd one or 2..Its all about the chase and the challenge for me these days chaps.

I got bored with numbers and nets a long while ago,But after getting to the point of almost perfection without the nets over the last couple of seasons...Its almost become a new challenge to catch the ones that present more sport.. Obviously it would be really easy to get them daft string things out and net up... But that's for the chaps still obsessed with numbers and scores to prove.

Last trip out I had a fantastic double bolt followed by another double bolt and then a single..all in the space of about 60 seconds...it was a moment of pure on your toes excitement when both dogs set off on a bunny each after the 1st bolt..then second 2 came out with no dogs following...and 3rd whilst the dogs were both returning after failing to catch anything... lol.. I laughed and told the dogs they were wankers etc etc... I was smiling to myself thinking " yeh go on bunnies,see you soon ".. and I had a chuckle to myself remembering when I 1st started ferreting with Tomo he would have given me a look that could kill and said " FFsake You wanker that's just cost me a tenner !! ". . he would have purse netted and long netted the whole warren...hehehee.