Stretching The Range ? Hw 100`s.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

T Rex springer, AA Fields 8.4 g, 4.52.   Shot over a couple of evenings, nothing fancy, all rabbits head shot, all vermin shot well within air gun ranges, no more than 40 yds.    

All ways gives you a good feeling when you pull a difficult shot off   Shooter   LITTLE HUNTER   age   12   RIFLE   ULTRA 22 SINGLE SHOT   PELLET   JSB 15,89 5,52   paddock 20yrds

Quote   ' From that quick muck about tonight, - F.A.C. is not required at all. '   Here we go again   Phil

Posted Images

I am not knocking anyone but to be shooting vermin etc at 50+yards takes excellent conditions and great skill. 45 yards is all I feel comfortable to to be 100% sure.

I am still not decided on which is the best rifle or calibre as it changes daily, but out of the box the Hw100 really takes some beating, with range-finders and ret's that aid holdover along with single figure variation over the chrono the German rifle takes some beating.

Gave Her Old Tatty Dress A Make Over/si Game On

Im not shooting vermin at that distance it all started out as a bit of fun between me and a very good mate of mine im off down to his this week end and i set a challenge up for us both even went and got three tins of pellets YES YOU QUEST IT 5,51 LOL.

Have a look at the above and you will see how far they open up out to 60yrds

now i used to be bloody good at long range shooting and this was doing my head in until i remembered what Viz had say,d about the head size

now ill make sure i pick the 5,52 up all of the bloody time lol :laugh:

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 2

Im not shooting vermin at that distance it all started out as a bit of fun between me and a very good mate of mine im off down to his this week end and i set a challenge up for us both even went and got three tins of pellets YES YOU QUEST IT 5,51 LOL.

now i used to be bloody good at long range shooting and this was doing my head in until i remembered what Viz had say,d about the head size

I'm putting the lad through his paces this week jimmy

ill be using the 510 and he'll be using the wolf!! lol

even the biggest of twats can't knock a 7year old :laugh:

I've still got some of them jsb jumbos for u that look like they came out of a pellet catcher.... its ok though cos there 5.52 :thumbs::thumbs:

atb si

• Like 1

I am not knocking anyone but to be shooting vermin etc at 50+yards takes excellent conditions and great skill. 45 yards is all I feel comfortable to to be 100% sure.

I am still not decided on which is the best rifle or calibre as it changes daily, but out of the box the Hw100 really takes some beating, with range-finders and ret's that aid holdover along with single figure variation over the chrono the German rifle takes some beating.

Some can do it ,some can't ,it all takes practice in every single way

All cals will do the same , just get to know your set , IE Gun , scope , pellet and more what you are capable of

• Like 1

Shot these two with the R10 Sc in .177 with Jsb exact heavies.

Rabbit one with the blood in the ears was 31 yards but I had to shoot it left handed right on zero.

Rabbit two was harder navigating a pellet through a wire fence uphill with a decent left to right wind at about 40 yards right on last light. It was facing away and would not respond to a squeak so I had to sneak the pellet over its back into the back of its head.

I found it a tough shot, but it worked.

post-100281-0-45105600-1472508663_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gary73
  • Like 2

Shot these two with the R10 Sc in .177 with Jsb exact heavies.

Rabbit one with the blood in the ears was 31 yards but I had to shoot it left handed right on zero.

Rabbit two was harder navigating a pellet through a wire fence uphill with a decent left to right wind at about 40 yards right on last light. It was facing away and would not respond to a squeak so I had to sneak the pellet over it back into the back of its head.

I found it a tough shot, but it worked.

All ways gives you a good feeling when you pull a difficult shot off

Shooter

LITTLE HUNTER

RIFLE

ULTRA 22 SINGLE SHOT

PELLET

JSB 15,89 5,52

paddock 20yrds wide

he had to shoot through two fences

then through a big bush to hit the rabbit another 30 yards total 50yrds

standing unsupported

hit it in the kill zone one shot

it was a shot i would not have even contemplated

next was another field distance 60 yrds

shooter

LITTLE HUNTER

AGE 12YRS

RIFLE

HW100S HUNTER CARBINE 177

PELLET

BIS MAG

rabbit ran under a bush he stood for what seem,d ages watching it through the scopes

again standing unsupported

i could only see its body as it head was hidden by the leafs

he sent the pellet on its way and it fell again one shot one kill perfect kill zone shot

HE PUT THE PELLET THROUGH THE LEAF AND INTO THE RABBIT

12YRS OLD

ITS THE EYES THERE BETTER THAN OURS LOL

ATVBMAC :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

post-63400-0-28498600-1472537119.jpg

post-63400-0-08224600-1472537183.jpg

• Like 4

The thing is with little hunter he spent just over a year at the shooting range before we let him go out with us in the field

(me and his uncle Sean)

He has shot every thing from smk rifles ,hw100,s,,,daystates,,,both spring and pcp rifles before he was 10yrs old

then spent 12mths learning field craft and is still learning field craft and is as good as me and Sean

One day at the range some teens were laughing at him for shooting a stoeger open site rifle and taking the piss out of him i got up to say some thing to them but an old lad just got hold of my arm and told me to sit down

now little hunter started hitting every thing with this old 177 strouger rifle out to 60mtrs

you should of seen the teens,s faces lol

then he ask,d for his other rifles so i got them out of the car and set them up for him hw100s22(mine but did not say out ) bsa ultra 22,,,,bsa lightning 22 tune,d and polished,,,,,hw97s,,,,,pro sport22,,,,,s41022,,,,(uncle Seans),,,,so on and so on lol

next time i look he is sitting with them showing them how to shoot and giving them tips and there buying his cans of pop and his dinner lol

As for the old lad he just turn,d to me and say,d iv sat here time and time again and just watched that kid shoot

you have some one very special there ,,,,,,,,,,,,,A NATURAL ,,,,,,,,,TOP CLASS SHOOTER you both should be proud of what you have done with that kid

age at the time 11yrs old

Us proud of him

HELL NO

:whistling: :whistling: :whistling::yes:

ATVBMAC :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

post-63400-0-19939600-1472539970.jpg

post-63400-0-63275900-1472539991.jpg

post-63400-0-40510600-1472540030.jpg

post-63400-0-49877200-1472540061.jpg

post-63400-0-75787000-1472540083.jpg

post-63400-0-99390000-1472540181.jpg

post-63400-0-52292500-1472540200.jpg

• Like 3

I'm putting the lad through his paces this week jimmy

ill be using the 510 and he'll be using the wolf!! lol

even the biggest of twats can't knock a 7year old :laugh:

I've still got some of them jsb jumbos for u that look like they came out of a pellet catcher.... its ok though cos there 5.52 :thumbs::thumbs:

atb si

the boys in training !!

he's got over the initial shock that I've chopped his hw110 in and taken to the wolf nicely :thumbs:

he doesn't drink beer so he said you can buy him two bottles of fanta!! :whistling:

post-102306-0-09751300-1472580118_thumb.jpg

atb si

• Like 2