merle's

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not sure Goose, I got her from a rescue. What do you reckon?

By the way, that was her first day ferreting. She got the hang of it even though she reacted to the ferrets like she'd never seen one before when introduced to them. Didn't take her long to work out they were part of the team rather than the quarry!

looks like a deerhound greyhound/ collie greyhound mate looks spring loaded ! was she alrite ferreting scallywag

Not sure Goose, I got her from a rescue. What do you reckon?

By the way, that was her first day ferreting. She got the hang of it even though she reacted to the ferrets like she'd never seen one before when introduced to them. Didn't take her long to work out they were part of the team rather than the quarry!

looks like a deerhound greyhound/ collie greyhound mate looks spring loaded ! was she alrite ferreting scallywag

She was, though not as good as my deerhoundx dog who looked like he was born for it. You think she might have deerhound in her? I can't see that myself but I'm not good at working out breeding. She's got very strong collie traits. She's fast and powerful but she wouldn't exactly win a gold medal for obedience.....Her nick name's are 'The Evil Pie' and 'The b*****d'..

How did the pups throw Tote? With the bitch being 7/8 collie I would imagine putting a greyhound over her would make the pups very much like a first cross? Or were they much racier with that extra little bit of greyhound? I have never tried 7/8 either way as I think 3/4 greyhound is enough on the speed side and 3/4 collie is more than enough collie, any more and you might as well just work a pure :D so I would be interested to see how the pups turned out :thumbs: