Mallinois

Does anybody use one of these in there packs? Just a thought as I've got a pup could I use her with my lurcher? She's got great prey drive could I channel it into game or would this cause a liability?

I think it's very possible. Just depends on the dog. I've been dealing with the Mal for over 20 years now and they can do alot!

it wouldn't surprise at all, as my big 1x gsd x grey Buck, will go in any cover if there quarry in there, and alot bigger than any bel mal, so if he can get in they deff would. a bel mal very full on dog 24/7 , my dog only when he in the hunting mode , thank feck couldn't handle it 24/7 :blink:

• Like 1

He sounds like a great dog ray never heard you mention him what height plus weight is he whats his temp like

lol , big enough to handle what ever he put on, temp brill great with people+ dogs, couldn't ask for anything better , temp+size is spot on :thumbs::yes:

• Like 1

Mine does, but if were up to him he would be calling the shots. So much so that I only take him out every now and again. His intensity is off the scale and can often ruin the harmony in the pack. Good dog though and he has caught a fair share of gear.

If you have a gooden they can be hard to keep in line when there's lots going on.

These dogs are far easier to control on their own.

• Like 1

Mine does, but if were up to him he would be calling the shots. So much so that I only take him out every now and again. His intensity is off the scale and can often ruin the harmony in the pack. Good dog though and he has caught a fair share of gear.

If you have a gooden they can be hard to keep in line when there's lots going on.

These dogs are far easier to control on their own.

I've never owned one,but I know they're intense dogs,I can imagine it being a nightmare to keep under control once it's learnt to hunt up where there's a lot of game around.

Though I've known lurchers to calm down a bit if they're taken out with a bushing dog they can't keep up with,maybe your dog will calm down if you can find an even madder dog to bush it,good luck with finding one :laugh:

Edited by neems
  • 1 month later...