tumbler x

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You cant beat being dog daft :clapper:

I totally see where your coming from with the smaller types for rabbits i dont think they can be beaten and apart from the beddy whippets seem to have gone out of fashion as kids we all had whippet collie crosses they could catch bunnys for fun little enough to work in deep cover too bramble or dog rose never phased em.

Not many big dogs can compete with a good little un i like a good mongrel as im still into a bit of variety but i can see myself ending up with something small now the years are starting to tell a good old pottering dog as we used to call em summats you can take your time with on a good mouch. :thumbs:

Nothing wrong with being dog daft, in fact I think the countryside maybe littered with serious cases of folks gone dog daft, and I'm not including the non-working crowd.

The beauty of it all is that our quarry species comes in various shapes and sizes, well before the ban came along :censored: ON TOP of which this variable land of ours means that you can step out into the big sky of the fens, plains or prairies OR you might walk along stone walled meadows, down forestry rides etc etc etc etc.

WHAT all of this means is that the dogs that hunt the prey and the lands come in all manner of shapes, sizes, speeds, intellects etc etc etc

So we have our preferences, wishes etc and oh the elusives perfect all rounder. Obviously there is a barrow load of stuff to over look and we all have horses for courses.

Our real complaint is that we have to spend too much time working to pay the man and also there is so little time to really explore all the canine hunting options.

Ahhhhh well just enjoy your sport, no matter what it is or what you run.

Good news on the all clear Chalky mate all the best to you and your lass :thumbs:

One thing i have noticed when folks have stuck to a line how the dominant characteristics seem to throw through they often resemble each other due to this smaller legs bigger flatter skulls thick skin and feet that can run anywhere also a lot end up smooth coated my old line came off the travellers so they had to be of a tough constitution and the natural abillity is there no need for training as such as its more or less programmed in them.

I lost the strain a few years back and it nearly broke me when youve had something good try and get a replacement nothing came up to scratch theres very few true all round breeds out there that excell at ever aspect of the game i was lucky enough to spot one of the old line on here and managed to get a dog pup back only time will tell now as it is hes abillity written all over him very inbred but hard as nags nails :victory:

• 2 months later...

WLL CHIP ME OLD MATEY , IM GETTING CLOSER TO THE BORDER OF ENGLAND FIFTEEN MILES INSTEAD OF 50 ,BUT NEVER OVER IT UNLESS A HUNTING RAID AHAH , MANY YEARS AGO U LIKED A KINIFE WELL I HAVE A LITTLE KNIFE HEAR YOU WOULD LIKE , STILL GOT TYNE HE TURNED OUT HOW YOUSE THOUGHT ,LANAS PUP TURNED OUT WELL THE GREW OUT OF D SLIEGHT IS A GOOD MACHINE AND LANAS STILL HOBLING AT EIGHT GET A LITTER OF HER THIS YEAR TO COLLIE TYPE BUT PACY TYPE , SAW TWO BURRELS WORKING D SLIEGHT HAD A GUY UP AS HE COULDNT GET IT TO TURN A RABB TO SLO , HOPE U GET ON WITH URES ALRIGHT MATE ,NOT MY TYPE OF DOG AND I THINK HE TALKS WITH FORKED TOUNGE , BUT I HOPE YOU GET ON WITH IT, GIVE YOUR FAMILY MY REGARDS , AND ALL THE BEST

Hello Whin me old pal. That Tyne dog of yours was as good a young dog as I have ever seen so I am not surprised he has turned out to be a good-un. I think if you come and visit us again and see my young Tumbler bitch in action she might just change your mind a little. I know that you like a quick dog that ends matters qiuck, well this young bitch sertainly does that and she knows what her nose is for. My family send their kind regards back Whin, keep in touch. Regards Warren