hares!!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats your best bag,single handed day tally pre ban Joe? Have your got a dog that could put up a decent show daytime were it leagle? :whistling:

Why?

Edited by joe ox
at the waterloo cup, the best greyhounds from uk raced, doubled up..well experienced dogs...how many hares get caught? not many is it....i remember one year it was 3, on the first day.....so that doesnt really put the greyhound down as a good catch dog does it really...you need them in a lurcher for speed but thats about it
in 2005 the last waterloo cup i think dont quote me on this but i wont be far off ...i was a bit worse for wear to be honest ..... :drink::drink: ..to much of the drink :laugh: .....but i think there was only three caught over the whole event ..and they were supposed to be the best coursing greys ..about at the time ....and the hares didnt know the terrian as they were mostly brought ......so they are a bit like a dropper ....not like a hare thats was born and grew on the land and knows were its going as soon as it lifts from its seat .....not taking anything away from the grey but it certainly needs somthing else in it to make it a good hare dog ....and that would be a very big helping of saluki ... :D:D:D ...

the greyhound isnt about that can kill hares single handed one bend thats the end of the greyhound its thrown out a mile and finished by the time it gets back on terms thats if the hare hasnt made cover by then if its on open land then the greyhound jacks fact you get lucky now and again if you get the lay right and the greyhound is over the top of it getting up but has for killing hares the greyhound comes a very poor second ive trained greyhounds for the track and coursed greyhounds hare killers they most certainly are not

The hares are supposed to get away in the waterloo cup!
yes they judge it on the course not the kill joe but i dont think they are supposed to get away ...that was just for the antis :doh: .......but they only judge it on the course because they had no choice :thumbs: ..beacuse so few off them were wernt good enough to kill them .... :D:D
The hares are supposed to get away in the waterloo cup!
yes they judge it on the course not the kill joe but i dont think they are supposed to get away ...that was just for the antis :doh: .......but they only judge it on the course because they had no choice :thumbs: ..beacuse so few off them were wernt good enough to kill them .... :D:D

Yes snoop but the odds of the hare escaping are far higher than a normal daytime course on a walked up hare. So not a good comparison to whats being made on this topic.

By the way snoop where has your topic gone?

Edited by joe ox
the greyhound isnt about that can kill hares single handed one bend thats the end of the greyhound its thrown out a mile and finished by the time it gets back on terms thats if the hare hasnt made cover by then if its on open land then the greyhound jacks fact you get lucky now and again if you get the lay right and the greyhound is over the top of it getting up but has for killing hares the greyhound comes a very poor second ive trained greyhounds for the track and coursed greyhounds hare killers they most certainly are not

:yes::yes::yes: