Mk1 Ferret Finder On/off Depth Switch

My switch on my Mk1 ferret finder is playing up, sometimes when i switch it on it will not pick up the signal of the collar.

If i then switch it off and then switch it back on it will work which seems to indicate a problem with the switch.

The switch is available on ebay for £7.50, have any of you ever had to change your's and is it straightforward to solder the new switch in.

Thanks

SINDASOX

Pretty straight foreword but easy for me to say I get the wife to do all my soldering repairs on my boxes , she makes it look easy as she worked in electronics for a few years

I've done a few now and about 90% of problems on MK1 come some this switch. Some can be cleaned by taking the numbered wheel off and cover (a small plastic disc ) and using some mentholated spirits or component cleaner and a cotton bud wipe the carbon dice. if this failed then fit new switch, there is stuff called solder wick, this is copper braid which you lay on the soldered joint put the soldering iron on top of and this draws the solder out of the hole which makes it easy to remove the legs. If no braid then cut the legs off hold the leg with tweezers put soldering iron on joint pull gently should come out 1 at a time.

When fitting new switch make sure its push all the way in as wheel will rub on the casing if not. Hope this helps.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1