Getting Rabbits Is A Bonus

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Last night I pulled the purse nets out of the car, just to check, clean, and prepare for the next outing, I hoped would be in the morning. Woke up, looked at the weather report and thought you bloody

Well done ?

Nice one mate , no need for nets next season with that pup. My whippet loves the up hill runs more than the down hill runs.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HPkX8A4glU

Forgive my ignorance but you down under?

Yes mate, I am in Melbourne Australia
Nice mate, do you lose many ferrets to snakes or spiders?

Do you lamp much and what are the risks?

Sorry for all the questions

Only lost 2 ferrets too snakes in in last 40 years, but you do see them in summer, lose more dogs than ferrets usually in winter if they are in the burrow, they are to cold to move and in summer usually above ground. I do quite a lot of lamping just bought a new kit, my pup just turned 6 1/2 mths just waiting for her to mature before starting in the light my old dog retired this year so only been ferreting, cant wait for the pup to find her legssQbqRXC.jpg

Nice one mate, reason i ask all the questions is we were looking to emigrate to oz or new zealand.

Leaning towards new zealand less people ??

• Like 1

Aargh. Oh sorry just woke up. Yawn, yawn, scratch the nuts, into the shower, shave ,have the shite and generally get sorted. A sudden yell of discontent? There's a heap of rabbits on the front step. Well old white beard had delivered 15 in the night and this in May?. Keep your lamps and late excursions. When you've mates like that a lie in ain't so bad. lol.

• Like 1

Aargh. Oh sorry just woke up. Yawn, yawn, scratch the nuts, into the shower, shave ,have the shite and generally get sorted. A sudden yell of discontent? There's a heap of rabbits on the front step. Well old white beard had delivered 15 in the night and this in May?. Keep your lamps and late excursions. When you've mates like that a lie in ain't so bad. lol.

It's ok mate we understand, the older you get the harder it is to get up, or are you over medicating again ? :boxing:

Nice one mate :thumbs: , no need for nets next season with that pup. My whippet loves the up hill runs more than the down hill runs.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HPkX8A4glU

I hope you are right! it is looking good at this stage, cant wait to start her in the light next year ( when I think she is ready) It looks like our rabbits are a fair bit faster than the ones there LOL.

Love your lurcher pup too, how old is she now???

Nice one mate :thumbs: , no need for nets next season with that pup. My whippet loves the up hill runs more than the down hill runs.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HPkX8A4glU

I hope you are right! it is looking good at this stage, cant wait to start her in the light next year ( when I think she is ready) It looks like our rabbits are a fair bit faster than the ones there LOL.

The whippet just makes them look slower :D, the blue bitch I gave to my mate after he lost his lurcher to cancer is 17 month and the lurcher I'm running is 19 month.

The whippet just makes them look slower :D, the blue bitch I gave to my mate after he lost his lurcher to cancer is 17 month and the lurcher I'm running is 19 month.

19 mth's not so much of a pup anymore, Time fly's. That was nice of you to give him a dog mate, he must be a good friend, I have to get my old whippet put down trying to wrap my head around it, he has been a companion for 14 years, arthritis got the better of him he is always in pain now thats why I got a new pup anyway cheers mate atb

19 mth's not so much of a pup anymore, Time fly's. That was nice of you to give him a dog mate, he must be a good friend, I have to get my old whippet put down trying to wrap my head around it, he has been a companion for 14 years, arthritis got the better of him he is always in pain now thats why I got a new pup anyway cheers mate atb

Never nice having a good old dog put down but for the best by the sound of it, atb with the pup mate.

• Like 1

Never nice having a good old dog put down but for the best by the sound of it, atb with the pup mate.

Thz Trev cheers. Going out in a few hours for a quick lamp, more training than running, taking the new camera too, try it out see how it goes.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice pup that what's her breeding atb Colliegrew

She is 3/4 whippet x Aussie staghound= (deerhound x greyhound) just turned 7mths 21"TTS

We put the deerhound in for better feet and stamina, the sun-baked ground over here kills dogs with bad feet in no time, it doesn't have any give.

• Like 1