Britain Exit, Or Whatever...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You seem to forget the EU wants us IN, that is simply because they want more from us than we want from them.   The EU also makes life difficult to trade with the outside world NOW when we are in, it

I am a hard working English man. Look out for our own that's all I'll say.

Let me think about this for a second OUT We have never been part of Europe ,most of Europe hate us any way ,they only want us to stay in for MONEY and that's all This government has said nothing

why is it we are second highest contributor but get one 28th of a say in anything and Germany makes all the rules anyway.

Hitler is probably laughing it up down in Argentina on some life support thinking why didn't I just do that .

Winston Churchill is probably spinning like a very Spinny thing in his grave saying wtf doesn't anyone remember what we were fighting for.

Looks to me that we may have won the battle but Germany won the war

YOU VILL DO AS VE SAY

im out :yes:

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 2

To be honest I'm similar to Rez, not sure which way to go and all the politicians all seem to have their own agendas for why they want to leave or stay- Don't really trust any of them anymore!

It seems difficult to find decent non-bias information about what is genuinely best for our country and our future!

Personally I travel a lot so I do like the ease of movement, but then again I've been to Norway a number of times, they aren't in the EU and its just as easy to go there as it is to go any other country within the EU! and speaking of Norway they seem to be doing pretty well not in the EU... But I don't know, I guess I have a month to try and decide :hmm::laugh::whistling:

• Like 1

Using Norway as a comparison for what might happen in the UK may not be realistic as their population is only 5.27 million. I am also still undecided - I am reliant on business confidence here to make a living, which means I need to be confident this won't be affected much if I vote No.

To be honest I'm similar to Rez, not sure which way to go and all the politicians all seem to have their own agendas for why they want to leave or stay- Don't really trust any of them anymore!

It seems difficult to find decent non-bias information about what is genuinely best for our country and our future!

Personally I travel a lot so I do like the ease of movement, but then again I've been to Norway a number of times, they aren't in the EU and its just as easy to go there as it is to go any other country within the EU! and speaking of Norway they seem to be doing pretty well not in the EU... But I don't know, I guess I have a month to try and decide :hmm::laugh::whistling:

I'm old enough to remember pre EU days, (or whatever it was first called) used to visit France regularly with my parents and a lot of the rest of Europe, no problem at all with travel.

As you say, Norway and Switzerland are not members and don't want to be, neither of them have any issues or problems as such and are happier OUT!

Edited by Deker
  • Like 3

Using Norway as a comparison for what might happen in the UK may not be realistic as their population is only 5.27 million. I am also still undecided - I am reliant on business confidence here to make a living, which means I need to be confident this won't be affected much if I vote No.

What has Norway population size got to do with it, there are plenty of small countries in, and trying to get in that simply cost us more!

Norway doesn't have a problem staying out!

Our economy is also growing faster than most of Europe (EU), there is a lot of business confidence in the UK, that's why so many want to come here and the EU wants us in, and wants to trade with us!

Edited by Deker

i was towards out ,but the big game changer for me is we will need to trade with Europe and if we re negotiate it will be on there terms and a far worse deal!Im in!

so what do you think they will do to stop trade, when they export to countries outside the EU do they charge extra taxes on the goods now, no, nope, nada, their own buisinesses would not stand for that as they need the trade

what else could they do, slap an import tariff on the stuff we export over to them, yes they could, but I seriously doubt that would happen as we can just as easily do the same on goods they ship over here

i`ll quote this here, its something I've posted elsewhere, how accurate do you think it is

"3 categories of people going to vote remain, 1,,ostriches too sodding scared to rock the boat, 2 ,, big buisinesses who might lose money and 3,, immigrants scared they might get booted out or their relatives won`t get in to join them"

What has Norway population size got to do with it, there are plenty of small countries in, and trying to get in that simply cost us more!

The point is that we can't confidently use what is happening in countries with small populations like Norway and Switzerland as a gauge for how leaving will impact us when are population is so much larger.

The point is that we can't confidently use what is happening in countries with small populations like Norway and Switzerland as a gauge for how leaving will impact us when are population is so much larger.

:hmm::hmm:

Why not?

Specific population size has little bearing from what I see, what a countries products/services, ideals, assets, attitudes, etc are is what counts.

• Like 1

i was towards out ,but the big game changer for me is we will need to trade with Europe and if we re negotiate it will be on there terms and a far worse deal!Im in!

so what do you think they will do to stop trade, when they export to countries outside the EU do they charge extra taxes on the goods now, no, nope, nada, their own buisinesses would not stand for that as they need the trade

what else could they do, slap an import tariff on the stuff we export over to them, yes they could, but I seriously doubt that would happen as we can just as easily do the same on goods they ship over here

i`ll quote this here, its something I've posted elsewhere, how accurate do you think it is

"3 categories of people going to vote remain, 1,,ostriches too sodding scared to rock the boat, 2 ,, big buisinesses who might lose money and 3,, immigrants scared they might get booted out or their relatives won`t get in to join them"

1 Im not a Ostrich 2 i don't have a big business and 3 im not a immigrant !

• Like 1

Well you may be right, but I think it is similar to comparing fishing in the in a farm pond with fishing in stocked commercial lake. So many things are different such as geography, demographics, infrastructure, GDP, etc and so I don't think that comparing them on a equal or even proportional basis works.

As the OP says we are not being given any decent information from either side and so it is very difficult for the undecided to make an informed a decision. On a side note I have some relatives in Scotland and they claim that most people there want to stay in. However I am sure how representative this is.

Well you may be right, but I think it is similar to comparing fishing in the in a farm pond with fishing in stocked commercial lake. So many things are different such as geography, demographics, infrastructure, GDP, etc and so I don't think that comparing them on a equal or even proportional basis works.

As the OP says we are not being given any decent information from either side and so it is very difficult for the undecided to make an informed a decision. On a side note I have some relatives in Scotland and they claim that most people there want to stay in. However I am sure how representative this is.

I don't think so, I rather think its like the Prisoner serving WHOLE LIFE with NO CHANCE of parole, and being told not only does he have to support himself but he has to pay for all the rest of the prison inmates, saying...

"I'd rather stay in because I know what its like here, but I'm not sure what its like in the real world outside!"

:thumbs:

PS

It seems you also agreed with the population point I made, its isn't a population thing, it is.................

Specific population size has little bearing from what I see, what a countries products/services, ideals, assets, attitudes, etc are is what counts.

:thumbs:

Edited by Deker

Is not the Democracy that so many Died for Genuinely Best for our THIS Country? or are we no longer a Country and just a State within a State pretending to be ONE? And yes vested interest from all quarters will openly mislead you and get away with it every single day. The bottom line is to do with Money, Control and Power over how we live our lives. The funny thing is, if you want to call it funny that is, we stood back and let it all happen.

If you are one of those who believe in a One World fine, then lets do away with the UK and go straight to The Horse's Mouth and Apply to join the USA Instead, do you think we will get a better deal? get yourself a 30ft.lb+ Air Rifle no bother at all. I just wonder is One or the other Best for THE COUNTRY?

Respect to your dilemma and thank God we still live in a fairly Free and Proud Nation.

All the best and hope you come to your own decision without to many headaches.

P.S.

Please excuse my spelling mistake and edits to correct them, have not had any sleep yet and looks like turning into a Forty Eight Hour thing.

Edited by just-A-snap

Stay , not a chance

Why do we ship all our scrap steel to China , for them to prosse , and buy it back from them , and ship it back over

I just can't see the costs working out for that one

One more thing , we have millions of sheep in this country . So why the fec do we buy French ?

The list goes on and on ,

I'm sure we can stand on our own to feet , and so we should ,

Close our boarder as well , at least we will have work for British people , and not a polish shop on every street corner

Or a 24 hr singe shop

• Like 2