Boxing At The Weekend...

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

martyn wouldn’t take me money said give it to your kids and pic on here with them with it  thanks mate they was happy lol be market and seaside arcades weekend so it will get enjoyed 

" Right then kids , we got the picture "  " put the money back in my wallet and go tidy your rooms "

The THL fight club

Posted Images

2 hours ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Anyone who thinks fury can’t fight hasn’t got the foggiest about boxing. 

he beat a better vlad than aj n all 

Anyone that thinks that, doesn't know what they are actually watching, regarding boxing lol

19 minutes ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Mate if you have a phobia of travellers that’s your problem, I would like fury if he was Chinese or black I suggest you take your face for a Shite 

16 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Yeah, intelligent, well thought out reply  ??

15 minutes ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Feckin better than your dribble ?

See your top reply.  ??

4 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

he comes out with some bile does the shaark ? 

Kin el, dear oh dear oh dear lol.

Some of you lads remind me of a few nursery rhymes, regarding this thread!!  Lol.

Right, I'm off to take the pup out.  Play nice  lads!  ?

• Haha 1
31 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Kin el, dear oh dear oh dear lol.

Some of you lads remind me of a few nursery rhymes, regarding this thread!!  Lol.

Right, I'm off to take the pup out.  Play nice  lads!  ?

what pup you got mate

Must admit it does get funny watching or listening to groupie type fans i was chatting to a geezer who has always been one of these Fury fan girl types,he piped up giving it " Joshua tapped his way to a boring points win over Ruiz " and  " Usyk tapped his way to a boring points win over Joshua "...........yet when Fury tapped his way to the most boring points win in heavyweight history against Klitschko it was a masterful display of boxing ?....it must be such hard work being the fan of a fighter instead of just a fight fan !

The reality is Fury has done great at what he does he was never going to be the most polished boxer or exciting in a toe to toe....but has learned and improved with every fight he's had....he learned that giving away his size and trading up got him spread around the canvas and that trying to float like a butterfly and sting like a bee puts him bang in trouble as well......and so the result is a throw/grab/hold/lean style that saps opponents its not rocket science but he has learned to adapt and use the physical advantages he has very well....and good for him.

For me unless Usyk ages overnight or Fury is allowed to hold and clinch him to death i think Usyk is skilled enough to avoid the illegal tactics Fury employs.

To me Fury seems a basically good guy,the goofy character he pretends to be with crazy clothes and wild behaviour is all a bit WWF but its to sell fights and grab fan attention,all the big talkers from Ali to Mayweather/Mcgregor were showmen who " casual/groupie " type fans gravitate to....they are needed in boxing......whereas the quiet unassuming guys like Holyfield/Usyk etc are usually looked down upon as mere " opponents " of the bigger names even though they were better fighters....Tyson/Holyfield being the perfect example.

There was a time when the " smaller " guy or the underdog drew the neutral crowd,id prefer to see Fury beat Usyk simply because he's a Brit....but from a boxing point of view id prefer Usyk to win simply because he's a far better fighter than Fury....but limited by size of course.

Anyway im rambling.....has that snow melted yet i can barely get out the house ?

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 5
17 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Must admit it does get funny watching or listening to groupie type fans i was chatting to a geezer who has always been one of these Fury fan girl types,he piped up giving it " Joshua tapped his way to a boring points win over Ruiz " and  " Usyk tapped his way to a boring points win over Joshua "...........yet when Fury tapped his way to the most boring points win in heavyweight history against Klitschko it was a masterful display of boxing ?....it must be such hard work being the fan of a fighter instead of just a fight fan !

The reality is Fury has done great at what he does he was never going to be the most polished boxer or exciting in a toe to toe....but has learned and improved with every fight he's had....he learned that giving away his size and trading up got him spread around the canvas and that trying to float like a butterfly and sting like a bee puts him bang in trouble as well......and so the result is a throw/grab/hold/lean style that saps opponents its not rocket science but he has learned to adapt and use the physical advantages he has very well....and good for him.

For me unless Usyk ages overnight or Fury is allowed to hold and clinch him to death i think Usyk is skilled enough to avoid the illegal tactics Fury employs.

To me Fury seems a basically good guy,the goofy character he pretends to be with crazy clothes and wild behaviour is all a bit WWF but its to sell fights and grab fan attention,all the big talkers from Ali to Mayweather/Mcgregor were showmen who " casual/groupie " type fans gravitate to....they are needed in boxing......whereas the quiet unassuming guys like Holyfield/Usyk etc are usually looked down upon as mere " opponents " of the bigger names even though they were better fighters....Tyson/Holyfield being the perfect example.

There was a time when the " smaller " guy or the underdog drew the neutral crowd,id prefer to see Fury beat Usyk simply because he's a Brit....but from a boxing point of view id prefer Usyk to win simply because he's a far better fighter than Fury....but limited by size of course.

Anyway im rambling.....has that snow melted yet i can barely get out the house ?

? throw grab hold lean you mean nearly identical to how ali fought gnash even down to how he holds the back of the head