Boxing At The Weekend...

1 minute ago, gnasher16 said:

Yes he is an all time great Cruiserweight....as was Holyfield....but thats the problem with the division a top Cruiserweight has to fight bigger men in the Heavyweight division to get any real recognition/money......unfortunately todays heavyweights have skipped right up to Super Heavyweight and so your Holyfield/Bowe or Spinks/Tyson legit heavyweight showdowns isnt a difference of 2 inches and 5lb anymore its a difference of 6 inches and 4 stone making it all a little bit silly in comparison to more competitive heavyweight eras.

usyk shouldn’t be mentioned in the same sentence as holyfield ? holyfield would a beat him like a baby 

and holyfield gfiught big men lewis valuev even bigger then fury

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

martyn wouldn’t take me money said give it to your kids and pic on here with them with it  thanks mate they was happy lol be market and seaside arcades weekend so it will get enjoyed 

" Right then kids , we got the picture "  " put the money back in my wallet and go tidy your rooms "

The THL fight club

Posted Images

On 04/12/2022 at 11:27, kanny said:

Was a entertaining evening regardless. We all knew chisora didn't stand a chance to begin with...Dubois nearly came unstuck he did well to pull it back but showed worrying signs of wanting to pull up again, it was his corner who pushed him on thankfully. 

I agree,i had my doubts about the young Mcguigan kid as a trainer he struck me as the daddy's boy personal trainer type early on but he's becoming a good knowledgeable young trainer he did well to pull that around Dubois certainly shows some worrying mannerisms that he never showed as a youngster.

• Like 2
On 03/12/2022 at 23:28, mC HULL said:

i give up chisora better then wilder ? ? 

Its worth remembering that if Wilder was to beat Chisora even now.... it would be the best win of Wilders career.....kind of puts his career into perspective doesnt it ?

• Like 1
On 04/12/2022 at 09:00, lurcherman 887 said:

He promised chisora a pay day fair play to him I say 

Then he shouldnt be participating in professional sport.....and certainly not for a world title....it simply cheapens his belt and sport in general.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Its worth remembering that if Wilder was to beat Chisora even now.... it would be the best win of Wilders career.....kind of puts his career into perspective doesnt it ?

never happen gnasher you will see next what wilder does with ruiz something the knockout merchant joshua couldn’t in two fights 

Then he shouldnt be participating in professional sport.....and certainly not for a world title....it simply cheapens his belt and sport in general.

fury has made chisora quit a few fights after vitali couldn’t mate and the ref stop it from him getting to much stick a few fights ago against usyk chisora didn’t have a mark it was like a light sparring session for him 

how do you think joyce will do against him gnash

On 03/12/2022 at 06:40, pesky1972 said:

Fury has had five world title fights.., five, and three of those were against the same opponent! Fury didn’t achieve greatness beating Wilder, he only proved Wilder was the fraud we all suspected. Dillian Whyte deserved a shot, but AJ, Povetkin, even Chisora had shown us Whyte would struggle at the highest level. Then there have been a smattering of bums in ‘warm up’ fights. I don’t dislike Fury, but there’s a lot of talk comes out of him and his camp, and the pedigree just doesn’t back up the boasting. When all’s said and done I’ll judge his standing in the sport on who he fought and beat, but also the fights I feel he avoided. Maybe it’s the money? Give a fighter tens of millions for a single fight, it makes it easy to kick back and spout shit on social media but avoid putting yourself or record in any real jeopardy…, but then it hasn’t stopped real fighting men like Mayweather, Canelo, and that crop of light/welters all mixing it up in the states the last few years. If both Fury and Joshua retired today then I’d have more respect for AJ because of who he fought…, and he’s a fighter who came up well short of any sort of greatness.

I won’t be tuning into the fight tonight, I’ll be washing what little hair I have left. Fury might get a late stoppage, or a convincing points win, he’ll sing a song in the ring, then he’ll retire…, only to reappear on Twitter next week telling the world what he ‘could’ do with AJ, Usyk etc. Bored to fcuk with all that…, either shit or get off the pot now. Waste of a great boxing career imho.

Thats pretty much the attitude of boxing fans in general.....you'll always get the loyal Joshua fans or the loyal Fury fans who just go on like besotted children but the reality is you cant pull the wool over the eyes of competitive people they need their reasoning and justification done in the sporting arena.....again,i think West Ham are the greatest club in the world,but thats because im a loyal fan and nothing more.

4 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Thats pretty much the attitude of boxing fans in general.....you'll always get the loyal Joshua fans or the loyal Fury fans who just go on like besotted children but the reality is you cant pull the wool over the eyes of competitive people they need their reasoning and justification done in the sporting arena.....again,i think West Ham are the greatest club in the world,but thats because im a loyal fan and nothing more.

fury has beat wilder the fighter that is the most dangerous out of them all once he beats joyce the rest are chisora level he beats them at a canter 

39 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

things improve and advance he would beat most of the greats easily he’s a giant with all the attributes needed

What has " improved "....arm length ? leg length ? bodyweight ?......yes he is a giant and has enough of the attributes needed to make it work for him...that DOES NOT make him a better fighter.

Likewise my " improved " racing car DOES NOT make me a better driver than Jim Clark.

41 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

usyk shouldn’t be mentioned in the same sentence as holyfield ? holyfield would a beat him like a baby 

and holyfield gfiught big men lewis valuev even bigger then fury

How do you know that yet he's only had a couple of fights at Heavyweight....do you remember Holyfields second heavyweight fight ? no neither do i but he ended up with about 40 heavyweight fights Usyk has had what 3 ?

The difference between Holyfield and Lewis was 3 inches and about 25 lb......between Usyk and Fury it would be 6 inches and 50 lb......exactly double.

46 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

never happen gnasher you will see next what wilder does with ruiz something the knockout merchant joshua couldn’t in two fights 

What you bringing Joshua into it for.....could/would/should you are not a clairvoyant mate so go on whats already happened.

Again,Deontay Wilder has never beaten a bigger " scalp " than Derek Chisora.........unbelievable really when you think about it isnt it ?

Edited by gnasher16
44 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

fury has made chisora quit a few fights after vitali couldn’t mate and the ref stop it from him getting to much stick a few fights ago against usyk chisora didn’t have a mark it was like a light sparring session for him 

how do you think joyce will do against him gnash

The fact you are trying to justify that fight the other night tells me you are not a boxing fan mate you are just a Fury fan......i get in and around plenty of gyms and boxing folk and havent heard one person pretend that fight was anything more than a payday between old mates.....beyond the rights and wrongs of it the " fight " itself doesnt even warrant a conversation.

Joyce against who ?

38 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

fury has beat wilder the fighter that is the most dangerous out of them all once he beats joyce the rest are chisora level he beats them at a canter 

Who is the best opponent that Wilder has " proved " himself the most dangerous of them all against ?

5 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

The fact you are trying to justify that fight the other night tells me you are not a boxing fan mate you are just a Fury fan......i get in and around plenty of gyms and boxing folk and havent heard one person pretend that fight was anything more than a payday between old mates.....beyond the rights and wrongs of it the " fight " itself doesnt even warrant a conversation.

Joyce against who ?

champion have to fight men that they easily beat every champion has done it throughout history 

chisora was close with usyk and beat pulev who else could he fight aj bottled it usyk pretended to be injured joyce just fought parker ruiz is fight wilder he had just beat whyte who should he have fought ?

joyce fury 

joyce beats usyk over 12

Who is the best opponent that Wilder has " proved " himself the most dangerous of them all against ?

he has knocked out 40 men on the bounce what other heavyweight ever has done that many men on the bounce ? with on shot don’t forget