Boxing At The Weekend...

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

martyn wouldn’t take me money said give it to your kids and pic on here with them with it  thanks mate they was happy lol be market and seaside arcades weekend so it will get enjoyed 

" Right then kids , we got the picture "  " put the money back in my wallet and go tidy your rooms "

The THL fight club

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, shaaark said:

You being the heavyweight boxing guru, I can't be bothered.

Pointless even trying to have any sort of conversation about fury with you, Gooey.

I find you too tiresome to keep doing this, Gooey, so I'll let you have the last word.  👍

lol i’m talking joshua your talking fury as usual mate 

1 hour ago, king said:

Tyson Fury is a clown.... It wasn't so long ago that he was telling anyone who would listen that he would fight this one and that one for nothing which he didn't and now he won't fight outside of Saudi where the big bucks lie ....

That still doesn't change the fact that there are 49million kangaroos in Australia and 3.5million people in Uruguay which means if the kangaroos were to invade Uruguay, each person will have to fight 14 kangaroos.

What percentage of kangaroos are of a fighting age though ,would the invasion be by air or sea ?either way the logistics of getting millions of kangaroos from Australia to Uruguay on the same day would be mind boggling also how proficient can kangaroos be with modern firearms bearing in mind their lack of opposable thumbs ...I don't think such a scenario is possible ,,,but then again Fury has made a living from boxing so anything is possible

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
5 hours ago, mC HULL said:

who were the reigning champions joshua beat again ? and how long did they hold the title and what have they done since ??lol 

comical lol

They're both shit, it's a shit era mate... Anyone who puts any of this era anywhere near the top 10 of all time is nuts imo... But that's it, it's only opinions, you've always held Fury in high regard I just don't see it and never have,I just don't see these boxing skills others do... Him and wilder tripped over each other for 3 fights! Lol

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Astanley said:

What percentage of kangaroos are of a fighting age though ,would the invasion be by air or sea ?either way the logistics of getting millions of kangaroos from Australia to Uruguay on the same day would be mind boggling also how proficient can kangaroos be with modern firearms bearing in mind their lack of opposable thumbs ...I don't think such a scenario is possible ,,,but then again Fury has made a living from boxing so anything is possible

I will do my research and get back to you mate..just a heads up I would rather a mass beach landing..as the kangaroos are used to great forward momentum on sand..

2 hours ago, NEWKID said:

They're both shit, it's a shit era mate... Anyone who puts any of this era anywhere near the top 10 of all time is nuts imo... But that's it, it's only opinions, you've always held Fury in high regard I just don't see it and never have,I just don't see these boxing skills others do... Him and wilder tripped over each other for 3 fights! Lol

i wouldn’t say it’s so much a shit era mate been some and will be more interesting fights i agree fury isn’t the best ever technically or to watch even but to think he wouldn’t be a struggle for any heavyweight ever isn’t right  i think he would be a nightmare for most 

55 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

i wouldn’t say it’s so much a shit era mate been some and will be more interesting fights i agree fury isn’t the best ever technically or to watch even but to think he wouldn’t be a struggle for any heavyweight ever isn’t right  i think he would be a nightmare for most 

There's nothing to prove that mate, Wilder is shit I mean really shit.. I know he knocked a load out, but other than Fury it is only Ortiz on his record of any worth (edited to add Parker, but he lost to him convincingly so probably adds weight to the argument), the fights with him were a mess in all honesty.. fair play to Fury getting up and getting results, but Wilder is not a good gauge... he beat Klitschko in a bore fest, but fair play... and that's that... I know his size is brought into the argument, but I just don't think he's close to a prime Foreman, Bowe, Lewis, Ali, Holmes infact I think Holyfield does him even though he's giving a way a couple of feet and half a ton!! lol... 

Problem is we'll never know because he hasn't made the fights that should've been made, so we just can't compare fairly imo... it's all historical hypothetical internet yapping at the end of the day, I had the same yap a few years back with a good mate of mine, good armature boxer himself, I couldn't believe he saw this great boxing skills in Fury, I went back and watched his fights again and still couldn't see it... I maybe missing something, but other than being a big lump that likes to lean on you a lot and before that went backwards for 12 rounds flicking a jab out every so often, I just don't see the big boxing IQ i'm meant to... he's certainly a showman and sales tickets and fair play to the man he's made a ton of money in the hardest sport in the world for that he has my respect no doubt...

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 6
1 hour ago, NEWKID said:

There's nothing to prove that mate, Wilder is shit I mean really shit.. I know he knocked a load out, but other than Fury it is only Ortiz on his record of any worth (edited to add Parker, but he lost to him convincingly so probably adds weight to the argument), the fights with him were a mess in all honesty.. fair play to Fury getting up and getting results, but Wilder is not a good gauge... he beat Klitschko in a bore fest, but fair play... and that's that... I know his size is brought into the argument, but I just don't think he's close to a prime Foreman, Bowe, Lewis, Ali, Holmes infact I think Holyfield does him even though he's giving a way a couple of feet and half a ton!! lol... 

Problem is we'll never know because he hasn't made the fights that should've been made, so we just can't compare fairly imo... it's all historical hypothetical internet yapping at the end of the day, I had the same yap a few years back with a good mate of mine, good armature boxer himself, I couldn't believe he saw this great boxing skills in Fury, I went back and watched his fights again and still couldn't see it... I maybe missing something, but other than being a big lump that likes to lean on you a lot and before that went backwards for 12 rounds flicking a jab out every so often, I just don't see the big boxing IQ i'm meant to... he's certainly a showman and sales tickets and fair play to the man he's made a ton of money in the hardest sport in the world for that he has my respect no doubt...

i get we’re your coming from klitschko was a very good champion been able to make someone look like there clueless lost is a skill in it’s self 

look at chisora went the distance with vitali who would of also give any heavy a nights work fury played  with chisora no one else has even usyk wasn’t convincing against a well passed it del boy 

11 hours ago, NEWKID said:

Problem is we'll never know because he hasn't made the fights that should've been made, so we just can't compare fairly imo... it's all historical hypothetical internet yapping at the end of the day, I had the same yap a few years back with a good mate of mine, good armature boxer himself, I couldn't believe he saw this great boxing skills in Fury, I went back and watched his fights again and still couldn't see it... I maybe missing something, but other than being a big lump that likes to lean on you a lot and before that went backwards for 12 rounds flicking a jab out every so often, I just don't see the big boxing IQ i'm meant to

👍

Been saying the same for years, mate.

Ring Iq, slick boxing skills, neat footwork etc etc, what the f**k are people seeing that I/we, and others,  don't?!! 

Great at getting out the way of punches?  Been dropped seven times by four different fighters!!!

Unhittable, see above, and a cut by wallin, that required over 40 stitches doesn't count?!!

I don't find him 'entertaining' in the slightest, with his idiotic, cringey, clown like behaviour.

His lies, hypocrisy, social media rants, the way he conducts himself, has put me right off heavyweight boxing.

• Like 4
11 hours ago, mC HULL said:

i get we’re your coming from klitschko was a very good champion been able to make someone look like there clueless lost is a skill in it’s self 

look at chisora went the distance with vitali who would of also give any heavy a nights work fury played  with chisora no one else has even usyk wasn’t convincing against a well passed it del boy 

David Haye destroyed Chisora, Fury was the only one to beat Klitschko without the knockout. One of the shittest title fights I've ever seen.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, oxo said:

David Haye destroyed Chisora, Fury was the only one to beat Klitschko without the knockout. One of the shittest title fights I've ever seen.

Oh no you didn’t say that lol

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, mC HULL said:

when Vitali fought Chisora he was 40 years old and ripped a shoulder muscle in round 3 and fought the rest of the rounds virtually one handed

• Like 1
23 hours ago, NEWKID said:

Thought Whitaker looked poor, all the looking the other way etc is for show and adds nothing, he's being heavily pushed and maybe has to keep this cockiness up for the paymasters, but it looks and feels over staged.. no way can he step up a level and carry on like that, Azeez said as much ring side.

Kongo done a proper job on him, really good performance, controlled most of the fight, considering he ahs been in a ring for ages looked really good.

Ive seen Kongo box a few times and he's a neat,very together type of fighter doesnt take many shots but i thought there was a chance Marku would just maul him and outhustle him but Kongo's fitness and movement got him through and he ended up bossing the fight....i was quite looking forward to the Babic/Robinson fight it was always going to be a messy affair....unfortunately we walked into the arena just as they was raising Babic's hand so missed out there.

IMG_5911.jpg

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1