Boxing At The Weekend...

21 minutes ago, dodger said:

Bit off subject but what is your opinion of usyk gnasher obviously not a natural heavyweight so I kind of guess the basics of your answer but neither was holyfield jones so I guess works for some and not others and then obviously the chances and experience they get once there?

Usyk vs holyfield or Jones etc would be interesting on paper anyway more than fury but maybe seen as not the same test and going backwards? but I was just interested in your opinion as I like usyk although perhaps not as much raw power as above fighters and more technical but I think would have been a good fight compared to a usyk Fury fight?

And would the outcome of the latter be mainly down to size as apart from his foot work and feints etc you don't see much power to size weight ratio with Fury?

One thing for sure if it did happen with Fury and usyk?and Fury doesn't knock him out then Fury would have to train for the long haul as usuk will try to take him apart with combinations and has a big gas tank👍

I dont think theres much doubt about it mate Usyk is by far the best out there its just whether the gap size wise is too much.....you mentioned Usyk v Holyfield and that for me is almost a dream fight....even Usyk v Mike Tyson....this is where the present era almost robs the fans of some outstanding boxing match ups.....can you imagine just sitting down in a quiet room and studying the intricacies and technical side of a Usyk/Holyfield/Tyson fights....men of totally different styles but basically the same size is that not what elite level competition should be about...........not whether a human giant can keep out the way or lean all over an opponent enough to beat them.

Between Fury/Wilder/Joshua each has different faults and qualities but essentially they are all based around size.......im like a broken record with it but the sooner a super heavyweight division comes into the sport the better and we can all start appreciating the sport for what it is again as we do in the lower divisions,a battle of talent,ability,guts,determination.....not who's the biggest.

• Like 7

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

martyn wouldn’t take me money said give it to your kids and pic on here with them with it  thanks mate they was happy lol be market and seaside arcades weekend so it will get enjoyed 

" Right then kids , we got the picture "  " put the money back in my wallet and go tidy your rooms "

The THL fight club

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I dont think theres much doubt about it mate Usyk is by far the best out there its just whether the gap size wise is too much.....you mentioned Usyk v Holyfield and that for me is almost a dream fight....even Usyk v Mike Tyson....this is where the present era almost robs the fans of some outstanding boxing match ups.....can you imagine just sitting down in a quiet room and studying the intricacies and technical side of a Usyk/Holyfield/Tyson fights....men of totally different styles but basically the same size is that not what elite level competition should be about...........not whether a human giant can keep out the way or lean all over an opponent enough to beat them.

Between Fury/Wilder/Joshua each has different faults and qualities but essentially they are all based around size.......im like a broken record with it but the sooner a super heavyweight division comes into the sport the better and we can all start appreciating the sport for what it is again as we do in the lower divisions,a battle of talent,ability,guts,determination.....not who's the biggest.

Makes alot of sense what you have said there and certain fighters will also certainly also bring out the best from others won't they👍

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Watched their trilogy about 50 times!!  Lol  👍

I'll still watch it again at some point when I have the chance☺

I like how they both went at it and of course remained friends 🙏 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

Let’s just remind ourselves what it’s all about the art skill  real jabs titles and less bullshit  no cuddling or elbows !

He's some fighter.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

Let’s just remind ourselves what it’s all about the art skill  real jabs titles and less bullshit  no cuddling or elbows !

He's not far from my exes home town true raw talent isn't he and in there for the right reasons n the difference of atmosphere of the crowd getting what they deserve day n night compared to some fights

19 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

Did you see Sam gilley vs Louis greene at the York hall,  on the 21st October, mate?

Proper, proper good scrap between two really genuine British lads.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

lol holyfield walks threw usyk in a few rounds gnash wouldn’t be anywhere near competitive

9 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

lol holyfield walks threw usyk in a few rounds gnash wouldn’t be anywhere near competitive

What makes you so confident with that mac it's a big statement?

Usyk is so mobile skillful and good with his feet with such a good boxing brain and gastank..

Round 3 or and even anywhere near an easy win are you being serious it would be a good close fight imo both would n should bring the best out of each other..

13 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Holyfield injected steroids into his forehead to give him stronger head butts, tough man but 1 of the dirtiest fighters in queensbury rules, he belonged in unlicensed where head butting is allowed.