Boxing At The Weekend...

10 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

he was a gold medalist wilder won bronze 

got stopped by ali lost to and got outboxed by a fighter with 18 losses came back fought garbage lost to holyfield got outboxed by tommy morrison 

In his first stint he fought in probably the best era in the heavies and other than All beat the lot, Frazier, Norton, Lyle.. there is no shame in losing to Ali, is there?

He fought and beat Frazier twice, most would have Frazier in there top 10 of all time imo...

He lost to Holyfield when he was over 40, and to Morrison, who was well respected at the time (but that fight was shit!)...

I can't remember who he lost to after the Frazier fight... but I think Shannon Briggs was his last fight... so in his prime he lost to Ali and one other... 

Like I say we all see things differently, but I very much doubt anyone would have Wilder in their top 10... but most would have Foreman

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

martyn wouldn’t take me money said give it to your kids and pic on here with them with it  thanks mate they was happy lol be market and seaside arcades weekend so it will get enjoyed 

" Right then kids , we got the picture "  " put the money back in my wallet and go tidy your rooms "

The THL fight club

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

In his first stint he fought in probably the best era in the heavies and other than All beat the lot, Frazier, Norton, Lyle.. there is no shame in losing to Ali, is there?

He fought and beat Frazier twice, most would have Frazier in there top 10 of all time imo...

He lost to Holyfield when he was over 40, and to Morrison, who was well respected at the time (but that fight was shit!)...

I can't remember who he lost to after the Frazier fight... but I think Shannon Briggs was his last fight... so in his prime he lost to Ali and one other... 

Like I say we all see things differently, but I very much doubt anyone would have Wilder in their top 10... but most would have Foreman

he lost to ali beat frazier luke etc and then lost to young who was beaten 18 times that’s when he retired 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

he lost to ali beat frazier luke etc and then lost to young who was beaten 18 times that’s when he retired 

Yeah thats it Young, cheers.. had something wrong with him didnt he after the fight? and like you say retired...

Anyway his record and calibre of fighters on it is miles above any of the current crop, surely there is no argument there?

I honestly believe you have more chance of seeing wilf dancing at a Caribbean festival or max wearing a Newcastle shirt than this fight happening there already arguing about dates then you have  who is signed to who ppv wise to be fair I think fury is a decent lad but all this bollocks that were going to get for weeks is boring it's going to go back and forth and no fight at the end 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

I honestly believe you have more chance of seeing wilf dancing at a Caribbean festival or max wearing a Newcastle shirt than this fight happening there already arguing about dates then you have  who is signed to who ppv wise to be fair I think fury is a decent lad but all this bollocks that were going to get for weeks is boring it's going to go back and forth and no fight at the end 

Exactly what I've been trying to tell Magoo.  This fight is NOT going to happen, and it'll be down to fury, again.  ?

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Yeah thats it Young, cheers.. had something wrong with him didnt he after the fight? and like you say retired...

Anyway his record and calibre of fighters on it is miles above any of the current crop, surely there is no argument there?

he fought quality no doubt mate but he could be easily outboxed 

43 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Magoo, I'll say this one last time.

Take those oversized blinkers off, and have a 'real' look at wilder's record of opponents, and who his opponents fought, how many wins, losses, where they were ranked, by which organisation etc etc.

And again, when fury fought klitschko, klitschko hardly threw a punch, while fury was in reverse gear for three quarters of every round.

Compare that to klitschko/joshua.  Night and day, completely different, exciting fight.

Now, away with you.  ?

so a bronze medalist in the olympics 40 fight win streak knocking out everyone he fought and winning and defending the wbc title ten times can be done by someone can’t box and is poor ? 

• Confused 1
10 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Exactly what I've been trying to tell Magoo.  This fight is NOT going to happen, and it'll be down to fury, again.  ?

Aj has nothing to lose but has everything to gain but fury is still keeping himself relevant by this nonsense im retiring im not I what this purse I want that I will fight this body yes he's wbc champ but at the end of the day usyk holds 3 belts and as the main say I have  nothing against fury but either make it happen or stay quiet 

7 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Aj has nothing to lose but has everything to gain but fury is still keeping himself relevant by this nonsense im retiring im not I what this purse I want that I will fight this body yes he's wbc champ but at the end of the day usyk holds 3 belts and as the main say I have  nothing against fury but either make it happen or stay quiet 

usyk is all of a sudden injured and isn’t a draw fury is the draw isn’t he come on usyk is 5 fights at heavyweight hasn’t looked like knocking anyone on there arse yet

21 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

usyk is all of a sudden injured and isn’t a draw fury is the draw isn’t he come on usyk is 5 fights at heavyweight hasn’t looked like knocking anyone on there arse yet

Mc I don't know enough about the insides and outside  of boxing to really comment but usyk is not injured the only way fury wins is because of size and that is if he wins pound for pound fury is no were near usyk as for fury v aj like I said I will believe it when there in the ring but I can't see that happening for many reasons 

6 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Mc I don't know enough about the insides and outside  of boxing to really comment but usyk is not injured the only way fury wins is because of size and that is if he wins pound for pound fury is no were near usyk as for fury v aj like I said I will believe it when there in the ring but I can't see that happening for many reasons 

no we’re near usyk ? he’s a runner who throws punches with his arms weak as fack mate old chisora had him running around the ring like track star ? don’t believe

the hype 

11 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

One thing I would say mc limit the weight in the heavy weights to a certain weight and the likes of fury ect be put in super heavy weight due to there size because no other division has that kind of weight disadvantage we see in some fights 

foreman bowe there’s always been heavy heavyweights mate it’s in the name 

Edited by mC HULL
  • Like 1