Joe Marler

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A cousin of mine see lee at Celtic manor hotel with he's team mates and asked him about it to quote Lee " it was nothing mun "

Yeh it's a soft tap,,,,but he did it on purpose ,,,he's being a c**t pure and simple

Exactly,,,

I didn't know Lee said that,,,,not that it matters,,,,stuff like that is just what goes on ,,,on the pitch,,you always give the opposition players shit,,,,I can't imagin Lee was upset about being called a gypsy ....

I didn't know Lee said that,,,,not that it matters,,,,stuff like that is just what goes on ,,,on the pitch,,you always give the opposition players shit,,,,I can't imagin Lee was upset about being called a gypsy ....

He didn't, just walshie playing hard done by. :D

TC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/35967459

What he said was bugger all. But with cameras and microphones everywhere you just can't get away with it these days. Oh and walshie does that extend to the derogatory remarks made about the Welsh by certain members on here during the six nations thread?

TC

No it doesn't extend to that. Nor does it extend to the derogatory remarks made by the Welsh about the English. There was no excuse for either and that's why the thread was closed. The topic was supposed to be light hearted banter and it turned into nationalist shit - but that went both ways. :yes:

Rugby is different to banter amongst mates. IMO sanitising a tough professional game makes a mockery of it. Soon tackling will be banned in case someone skins their knee.

And why would I play hard done by? We won the grand slam. :toast: It matters little to me if Marler gets cited, but it has to work both ways. :thumbs:

So he's now been sighted for miss conduct,,,not for the fore arm smash,,,but for calling a gypsy ,,,a gypsy,,,,embarrassing or what,,lol

It's not what he said but the way he said it, as in oye Gypsy boy. I know Samson personally and he is believe it or not a quiet unassuming chap.

TC

Edited by tiercel

So he's now been sighted for miss conduct,,,not for the fore arm smash,,,but for calling a gypsy ,,,a gypsy,,,,embarrassing or what,,lol

It's not what he said but the way he said it, as in oye Gypsy boy. I know Samson personally and he is believe it or not a quiet unassuming chap.

TC

Was he offended...?

TC

He actually did say that. But who cares? I feel for both of them. It must be incredibly embarrassing and frustrating to have matters taken out of their hands by the "powers that be" breaking their necks trying to be seen to be politically correct.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/2016/03/27/joe-marler-also-insulted-in-gyspy-gate-row-while-new-video-alleg/

But that isn't the point. I don't see how one insult was any worse than the other. Neither were meant as compliments and I'm sure neither really gives a shit. What goes on on the pitch, stays on the pitch - or at least it used to until there was an army of do-gooders everywhere waiting to be offended on someone else's behalf. Using lip readers? FFS.

Everyone is assuming by my comments that I'm somehow anti-Welsh, Far from it. If that was the case, I'm hardly likely to have bought a house where I did. I just think rules should apply to everyone, or no-one, not a mish-mash to suit certain agendas.

Would it have been the same if he'd called someone Frog? or Eyetie? or Sweaty? I doubt it and if it was, they should all be ashamed of themselves.

TC

Was he offended...?

No, it was sledging and yes he reacted to it anyone would in the heat of the moment. The problem was that it was caught on the ref's mike so everyone heard it. As Marler apologised he admitted that he had said it. So as the rules state he had to have a ban, but by the six nations committee not banning him it made it all worse.

TC

TC

He actually did say that. But who cares? I feel for both of them. It must be incredibly embarrassing and frustrating to have matters taken out of their hands by the "powers that be" breaking their necks trying to be seen to be politically correct.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/2016/03/27/joe-marler-also-insulted-in-gyspy-gate-row-while-new-video-alleg/

But that isn't the point. I don't see how one insult was any worse than the other. Neither were meant as compliments and I'm sure neither really gives a shit. What goes on on the pitch, stays on the pitch - or at least it used to until there was an army of do-gooders everywhere waiting to be offended on someone else's behalf. Using lip readers? FFS.

Everyone is assuming by my comments that I'm somehow anti-Welsh, Far from it. If that was the case, I'm hardly likely to have bought a house where I did. I just think rules should apply to everyone, or no-one, not a mish-mash to suit certain agendas.

Would it have been the same if he'd called someone Frog? or Eyetie? or Sweaty? I doubt it and if it was, they should all be ashamed of themselves.

Good post,,,,,

Mind you were due one,,lol

• Like 1