Bedlington

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Smart looking dogs Northernlite...   Although my preferance is for curs,..I've had some good hunting with Bedlington lurchers...

Few of my 3/4 whippet/greyhound 1/4 beddy

This is my big fella...      

Posted Images

Cheers f@ larry some good looking dog , always fancied a beddy x grey back to a pure saluki or coursing bred dog. Is it worth doing something like this or just stick to a well bred coursing dog knowing they would have something already like this in they blood ?

it worked out well for us, most of the dogs around us would be related an now we something different for down the line, there another beddy x not far from me an he be same line as that red dog northernlite has i might put him to saluki x at some stage

Hope fully want to do something like this my self in the near coming future

He has a great nose on him buster. Coat wise, good mix of both, but not over hairy. Feet are good.

Good pace also, leaning more towards whippet. Pots of drive/keen. Will enter cover also and good jumper.

A cruncher though, but not bothered, nets on for clean one's. Retrieves well also.

Much the same as most beddy types I imagine

Atb

Think you said he was a half bred. He has beddy ears on him, I was very surprised at the Light build and speed on him as he not a big dog, about 21" mark. Has a very good nose for marking. A little headstrong as they all tend to be when young but will settle down, it's just drive. My bitch was nuts keen when young but is settling down fine now. I was very surprised he was not 3/4 whippet with the build and speed.

don't think you can beat a good bedlington/greyhound, has everything that is required as an all rounder

Beddy/Greys can be the most honest and enthusiastic of lurchers if worked to their breeding and potential,as an allround type hunting companion i found that they lacked the next step up to become a tad more useful in the field.Id not own one expecting an allrounder,id own 2.

• Like 1

He has a great nose on him buster. Coat wise, good mix of both, but not over hairy. Feet are good.

Good pace also, leaning more towards whippet. Pots of drive/keen. Will enter cover also and good jumper.

A cruncher though, but not bothered, nets on for clean one's. Retrieves well also.

Much the same as most beddy types I imagine

Atb

Think you said he was a half bred. He has beddy ears on him, I was very surprised at the Light build and speed on him as he not a big dog, about 21" mark. Has a very good nose for marking. A little headstrong as they all tend to be when young but will settle down, it's just drive. My bitch was nuts keen when young but is settling down fine now. I was very surprised he was not 3/4 whippet with the build and speed.

Yes mate, very driven, especially when fresh and competing with your one, but settle.

Aye a half cross. Ideal dog for me and the ground I'm on.

Also like the beddy/grey, I would imagine much the same, but bigger.

Did you say you had a grew? That would be good over beddy/whip, with the beddy coat.

Did you breed some?

Atb

Some lads rate the 3/8ths cross as ideal, i suppose it depends on the type of ground you work, the rougher the ground the higher percentage of beddy, 1/4 does me fine on the basicly flat arable land i roam, the extra speed helps alot when they run for the hedge.

Iam with Lifelong Cumbrian here chicken man, i,d have thought your's would have been a 1/4 beddy with the build on it, but the tab,s tell a different story.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...