Bedlington

Phil, as you have had many collie grey types and you know the abilities and temperaments of those types would you say you could detect the 1/4 bedlington in Moocher as opposed to the cur type without the touch of beddy. Hope you understand my question, not the best with words.

Well,.as can be seen,...the dog in question shows definite Bedlington Terrier characteristics,...both in his looks and general demeanour...He was also, very antagonistic towards vulpines,...don't know why,.but he was...He was keen on them when they showed in the beam, and he shook, rattled and rolled,.. more than a few :thumbs:

Moucher was also extremely willing to get into cover,...and he would break through a thick hedgerow at the slightest sign of something hiding within.

All in all,.I liked him,...he had great character...

But,...I am far keener on the herding composites,...I find that I get on better with those often crazy, primitive predators...We speak the same language.....

Like attracts like, eh.... :laugh:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 4

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Smart looking dogs Northernlite...   Although my preferance is for curs,..I've had some good hunting with Bedlington lurchers...

Few of my 3/4 whippet/greyhound 1/4 beddy

This is my big fella...      

Posted Images

cheers for replys some fantastic pictures,, ive ad 2 good honest bedlington whippet greyhounds in the past i would of gone the same route if i had a we bit more faith in people but half the time people seeling pups tell you what you want to hear,as it goes withmy now bedlington cross i was gifted him as a 6w old puppy a few year ago, hes a genuine f1 bred by a friend. would be nice if in future some one with a good whippet greyhound fancied him over their bitch, id take a pup in a heart beat

also as said by some one a good beddy greyhound wouldnt go a miss neither

0d4558de-cfc1-4b79-8030-635713acca55_zps

What size is he cold pint

I've just brought bed whippet greyhound for mooching but I've been told they can or have killed long ears preban .?

They can, as can most fast dogs, although they make second rate Hare dogs, but first class Rabbit dogs, if its got a decent nose & drive it,ll have the makings of a good moocher.

Edited by buster gonads

i stopped plenty on the lamp with mine i think they do well in general because the grit from the bedlington no lacking in the drive department from the whippet greyhound makes for a real handy nite hunter in my opinion but 1 mans trash is another mans treasure. but yes theres plenty of that cross that will have been able to put hares to bed

Edited by cold pint