Whippet x Greyhound

I am looking at the moment for a running dog, a general purpose running dog but mainly rabbits. I have thought about many crosses but mainly terrier crosses and collie crosses but more recently because I now know of a very good Whippet/Greyhound breeder I thought this could be an option but and its a big but can these dogs turn and also there are a lot of small fields with trees and orchards so hows their brakes and hows their brains can any one advise. Cheers Lee

Guest markbrick1

personally i wouldnt bother with them for just hunting,they havnt a great deal of stamina and there a fast x breed and when they over shoot they over shoot,collie x bedlington x would be more of a general purpose dog are a good lurcher to lurcher x,good luck mark

From past experince, a lot can be accident prone.!

I only ever had 1 that was a demon, never seen a dog like him since. :blink:

Saying that, their is good whippet x greys about, i prefer the reverse, 3/4 whippet, 1/4 grey. A search on here, will have some info for you. :thumbs:

HI MATE THIS IS MY MATES WHIP/GREY LOLA :victory: , SHES A FLYING MACHINE :bye: ,I THINK SHES 2 IN APRIL SO STILL YOUNG,IV ONLY BEEN OVER FOR A WALK ON HIS PATCH THE ONCE FOR A WALK ABOUT A MONTH AGO,MY LITTLE DOG LIFTED 1 IN THE MIDDLE OF A FIELD SHE SPED PAST HIM TURNED IT AND MY LITTLE DOG NAILED IT,THATS ALL IV REALLY SEEN OF HER,DIDNT HAVE MUCH STAMINA, BUT VERY FAST BITCH!! STILL HAS A LOT TO LEARN BUT WE ARE PLANNING TO GET OUT ALOT AS FROM NEXT WEEK OR SO,HES JUST ACQUIRED HIS OWN LAMP :victory: ONCE AGAIN ALL THE BEST :thumbs:

post-10690-1196200482_thumb.jpg

HI MATE THIS IS MY MATES WHIP/GREY LOLA :victory: , SHES A FLYING MACHINE :bye: ,I THINK SHES 2 IN APRIL SO STILL YOUNG,IV ONLY BEEN OVER FOR A WALK ON HIS PATCH THE ONCE FOR A WALK ABOUT A MONTH AGO,MY LITTLE DOG LIFTED 1 IN THE MIDDLE OF A FIELD SHE SPED PAST HIM TURNED IT AND MY LITTLE DOG NAILED IT,THATS ALL IV REALLY SEEN OF HER,DIDNT HAVE MUCH STAMINA, BUT VERY FAST BITCH!! STILL HAS A LOT TO LEARN BUT WE ARE PLANNING TO GET OUT ALOT AS FROM NEXT WEEK OR SO,HES JUST ACQUIRED HIS OWN LAMP :victory: ONCE AGAIN ALL THE BEST :thumbs:

Cheers son, I'm still looking.

I have one and she is extremely fast. She slides on the turns but it deadly fast. There are very few rabbits that can escape her and on a straight run she will catch a hare. She is prone to injury. She is laid up at the moment with a sliced stopper and cuts from wire. She is not the smartest hunter. She is more of a kill or die in the process sort of dog. And will run at obstacles.

The little knowledge I have about them tells me this, that is why I have asked for more information, thank you.

Edited by leegreen
my ex dog blacky very quick turner turn on a 5 pence coin lots of speed to back it up to he was 3/4 grey 1/4 whippet....but go wit collie cross bud cant go wrong.....

DSC00363.jpg

Er Collie Terrier Collie Terrier Collie Terrier Collie Terrier Collie Terrier Collie Terrier Collie Terrier?