Good question Ands.

Scientists have been telling us for years that daylight hours is what brings many animals into season but that can't be the case with so many species's breeding seasons fecked up.

Every thing else in nature is changing but our day light hours are still on the same yearly circle as ever.

• Like 1

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dug cubs years ago when doing a job for a farmer with a machine clearing a small ditch.the bank was only around 30yds in lenght and about 2ft in height and in was pulling it away using a small track m

The cover may be down for a good while soon still after the season but I wouldn't go for that, digging cubs and the game needs a break, no excuse except for serious pest control, and you should have h

We had a few digs on wednesday,no cubs but it will not be long now,we will finish up 1st wk in feb or next wknd if we hit on cubs,no point in killing your own sport imo.I know a lot of lads dig right

Posted Images

Was out a week ago and tried one place,only had a couple round there this season, the was no Fox there again,I was driving back not knowing were I could try in this area and when I went down a road, I remember one snide burrow and small entrances in the ditch, and the neighbour there asking me a few years back to deal with a big Fox lurking for hens, I decided to stop, I cut across the field, a nice field, and was walking, got across half way and a fox was cutting across, had a rabbit or something, then back to the hedge,came out again as I walked, I waited, watching it, had same thing in its mouth, was getting in the open a bit more and was heading for the small snide type of rabbit burrow the dogs were fixed, the was tension with the Fox and he flew, up the other way, the Mungrel was off, the were gone, had a look and the nothing happened, just a run, lot of sent were it was, must been feeling the cubs maybe up in the burrow, that will left, and I'll hunt some other places, but won't be going mad for it now, the season is practically finished, a couple of good ones will be fine,no game with or having young, and stay clear of fools all coming out the closet, trying dogs

• Like 2

We had a few digs on wednesday,no cubs but it will not be long now,we will finish up 1st wk in feb or next wknd if we hit on cubs,no point in killing your own sport imo.I know a lot of lads dig right up to end of march but we have no interest in diging cubs where as some lads get a kick out of it.

• Like 5

Congratulations.

Had my 1st litter yesterday

Sorry couldn't resist. What age did they look ?

That's very early. A lot of country people over here used to say cubs were never born before St Patricks day.

I remember a keeper I used to dig with dug a litter at the start of March and he was telling an old terrierman. "No you didn't" said the old boy.

The keeper swore he had. "I don't know what you dug but they weren't foxcubs. Either that or you're lieing" said the old boy.

I would say in the next week or two we'll hear of more litters. The sheep men will be happy.

• Like 1