Boar Bushing

stubble

Wales 1234 - Have you been lucky enough to give it a go?? I've watched videos in the states and Aus as well as Germany with the bay pens seems like you say the dog has to be brave but not too hard a bit of sense in the dog could go a long way?

I fancy going to have a look at this one day mind https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MezcPKXOgcE

Neems - Thanks for that, good links. As far as I can gather they seem to be classed neither as game nor vermin??

Wales 1234 - Have you been lucky enough to give it a go?? I've watched videos in the states and Aus as well as Germany with the bay pens seems like you say the dog has to be brave but not too hard a bit of sense in the dog could go a long way?

I fancy going to have a look at this one day mind

Neems - Thanks for that, good links. As far as I can gather they seem to be classed neither as game nor vermin??

I have mate really good fun and dogs definitely have to have heart to bay them up

I fancy going to have a look at this one day mind https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MezcPKXOgcE

I don't think it matters,the exemptions are for wild mammals.

• 2 months later...

Im in Australia and am mainly a fox hunter but occasionally stumble across wild pigs, my stags catch and hold them with out to many problems, and I have a couple of springers as find/rouse dogs that will flush and chase them they are not hard enough to bail them though.

• Like 1

I have a bull arab that holds them no problems, that is what he was bred to do, find them and hold them. There are other dogs used to find and bail, most commonly is probably kelpies, others include catahoulas, pointers and even terriers. Of course some bull arabs bail and some bailing dogs lug. Pigs are good sport and some boars are huge, aggressive beasts.

• Like 1