Muhammad Ali

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Couldn't agree more. Ali must have been shaking his head in disbelief at the recent Fury Klitscko fight. The standard of heavyweight boxing has plummeted so much it's almost unrecognisable. It's mostl

I will never understand this logic its like watching West Ham beat Preston North End 4 - 0 every week and then just presume they would do the same to Man Utd and Arsenal !.....Ali would have played wi

I believe a lot of that is to do with the fact that fighters can do the distance so easily today.......12 rounds is no longer enough to fully test the guts and resolve of a fighter and so the temptati

Couldn't agree more. Ali must have been shaking his head in disbelief at the recent Fury Klitscko fight. The standard of heavyweight boxing has plummeted so much it's almost unrecognisable. It's mostly about over-sized freaks desperately keeping their head out of range of the other guy's punches.

• Like 9

I am sure most have watched this before, but go in at 7:20 :

That has got to be one of the greatest fights, even ali admisted that cooper won the fight it was ali corner man that cut his gloves to give ali time to recover.

I am sure most have watched this before, but go in at 7:20 :

That has got to be one of the greatest fights, even ali admisted that cooper won the fight it was ali corner man that cut his gloves to give ali time to recover.

Not really, the cut of the gloves gave him a few seconds. It was the use of smelling salts to help bring him around that was controversial.

A prime Mike Tyson is the top of the heavyweight tree for me . . Dare I say it!?! Yes . . I believe Cassius Clay/Muhammed Ali was over rated . . Yes, he was probably the fastest and one of the most stylish of the heavyweights in history, but let's be honest, if he struggled with a Frazier and Norton . . Think of a prime Tyson! Curtains for me . . Did he get a legitimate win over Liston? Foreman beat himself that night.

To answer the initial question, yes I think he would have been far too mobile for any of today's heavyweights . . Ali will be known as 'the greatest' for as much of his activities outside the ring as inside. That's my view

• Like 3

I don't share the view that Tyson was a great fighter. He was good at knocking over bums. For me, he only fought three world class fighters, Holmes, Holyfield and Lewis. Holmes was an ageing fighter and in the other two fights Tyson absolutely folded-- especially mentally.( Remember the biting of Holyfield's ear and the biting of Lewis's leg at the weigh in?) He bottled it, he knew he couldn't bully them and folded.

• Like 3